Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

I'm sure she won't hesitate... or rather i'm sure her agent won't :ninja:

I don't know. Doutzen said a few times in interviews she likes HF work way more than commercial stuff. I think you're story is roght for the biggerst part though. But I think Doutzen will wait a couple of years.. Let's hope she will get a contract then.. (for her..)

VS always ruins careers look at KK. Doutzen should wait. :idk:

well.... at least the high fashion career. As an Angel, you can't do HF shows, but you sure as hell make a lot of money!!!

^ i think KK ruined her fashion career herself, by gaining too much weight and working out way, way too much...

ETA: there's one thing all of us must understand: modeling is a job, and the girls want to make money. A huge contract with VS can pay a lot more than several years of high fashion, and it's more safe since you have the guarantee that you'll get the money (unless you break the contract) whereas you don't know how long you're gonna be in demand in the high fashion world... sure it's more fun for us to look at fashion pics, but if Doutzen can make a lot more money and get public recognition by only doing lingerie and catalogue work, i'm sure she won't hesitate... or rather i'm sure her agent won't :ninja:

that is true... but HF shows are soooooooooo fun!!!

... i think its inevitable

Do you really want it now? She is too young her career is still on fire in the high fashion world. :/ VS not yet... :no:

she barely walks fashion shows anymore, and she's not that big campaign-wise either, from what i've seen this season... mainstream contracts like l'oréal and VS are what suit her best, and interestingly what pay the most... so unlike Stam, i can perfectly seen Doutzen becoming an angel, it's not like she's a high fashion icon... a supermodel needs more commercial work and public recognition than purely high fashion stuff... Plus it won't prevent her from doing fashion campaigns and editorials (US vogue), look at gisele !

I agree here with you Taben. I was thinking about Doutzen's career last evening and thought it's better for her to sign VS contract than doing (almost no) shows.

... i think its inevitable

Do you really want it now? She is too young her career is still on fire in the high fashion world. :/ VS not yet... :no:

she barely walks fashion shows anymore, and she's not that big campaign-wise either, from what i've seen this season... mainstream contracts like l'oréal and VS are what suit her best, and interestingly what pay the most... so unlike Stam, i can perfectly seen Doutzen becoming an angel, it's not like she's a high fashion icon... a supermodel needs more commercial work and public recognition than purely high fashion stuff... Plus it won't prevent her from doing fashion campaigns and editorials (US vogue), look at gisele !

I agree here with you Taben. I was thinking about Doutzen's career last evening and thought it's better for her to sign VS contract than doing (almost no) shows.

Runway doesn't get paid well. But the girls do walk them to promote themselves, that's how the get the editorials and ads. I do not see the reason why Doutzen should do runway. She still does almost every month a couple of editorials and the ads been good (until this season). But when you have one bad season? Would you quit doing HF and go for the commercial stuff...? If it would be that simple Daria, Stam and a lot(!) of girls when not active in HF, cuase the have had bad seasons. And look how much they do this season.. Although, I'd love to see Doutzen back on the runway.

^ well i'm sorry but i've heard the contrary: editorials pay practically nothing (like $200-500 a day) but runway... a model can make between $1000 and $10 000 for one show... and i'm not even talking about the huge girls like gisele, or even daria and gemma, who can ask for a lot more... Of course campaigns are what pay the most and they're the best since it's a lot of money for one job, but a girl like Natasha who can walk almost 60 shows in one season and is a great walker makes a LOT of money during fashion weeks...

^ well i'm sorry but i've heard the contrary: editorials pay practically nothing (like $200-500 a day) but runway... a model can make between $1000 and $10 000 for one show...

think this cann't be answered in general: for runway it strongly depends on the designer/the label and on the girl - and for editorials it mainly depends on the magazine! In both cases there exists a wide range of what can be earned...

for doutzy imo this means that she should do what ever is more fun for her - she already is great in business and with her actual contracts and the jobs and contracts she will still get in the future, money shouldn't be an issue for the rest of her life!

^ well i'm sorry but i've heard the contrary: editorials pay practically nothing (like $200-500 a day) but runway... a model can make between $1000 and $10 000 for one show...

think this cann't be answered in general: for runway it strongly depends on the designer/the label and on the girl - and for editorials it mainly depends on the magazine! In both cases there exists a wide range of what can be earned...

for doutzy imo this means that she should do what ever is more fun for her - she already is great in business and with her actual contracts and the jobs and contracts she will still get in the future, money shouldn't be an issue for the rest of her life!

hm editorials pay practically nothing like Ben said. I imagine Vogue may pay a bit more than say, some random magazine in Sweden, but it's definitely not more than $500/day. Editorials are for exposure purposes, so models can land that big L'Oreal contract or whatever :)