Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

Just now, lucyford said:

A lot of models who are usually at Cannes, weren't there this year. So that's not a big deal. But her general disappearance from social media is. 

Yeah she’s been away from Instagram for quite a while now 

57 minutes ago, Ed. said:

Yeah she’s been away from Instagram for quite a while now 

That's probably the best thing she did in a long time considering that her "fight for the truth" on social media has most likely cost her millions of dollars.

It is probably for the best she is taking a social media break considering the backlash against some of her posts. However aside from her modelling she has also done a lot to raise HIV/Aids awareness and help protect wildlife such as elephants. So I know that she's a really good person as well as a beautiful woman.

It feels like she's been retired for a year now, I don't know if she's going to go back to work in the fashion industry, at least regularly. If her lack of professional activity is due to how much she has damaged her image in recent months, I don't think she will have a future as an actress either. She has been consistently mean for a long time since the pandemic began.

Perhaps a public apology would be a good first step in starting to clean up her image, something she clearly needs. Or maybe what she is doing, getting away from social media and public attention, hoping that people will forget all the stupid things she has done and said, is not a bad idea. It is something that sometimes happens with other celebrities. They do or say something bad, disappear and come back in a few months as if nothing had happened.

Who knows. Deep down, I guess I still have some affection for Doutzen, that I'm still a bit of her fan despite how much she has disappointed me since the pandemic began. I wish she could still do some more modeling work. And above all, I would like her to reflect on all that she has done wrong and for her to truly change and become a more sensible and reasonable person.

I'm sure she won't publicly apologize or get vaccinated... Unfortunately!

This will delay things for her, jobs are in other countries and people need security to do their job, besides that to enter other countries you need to be vaccinated. The only concern I have is how long she takes to get back to work... Fashion world doesn't work around her and no one will be waiting for her, maybe it's too late, I hope I'm wrong!

I think not getting vaccinated is also going to be a major hurdle in getting jobs in the future. Just from a business point of view, in the shoes of agents/etc. I wouldn't hire someone for a shoot or for an acting gig if they're not vaccinated (or in the process of getting it). Why, because it endangers the entire job.

Also, because of all the dumb shit she's said and how she's been doubling down on being a moron who gets her 'education' from social media, I doubt many brands want to associate with her now. There is a good chance loreal is going to drop her or at least not renew her contract. 

Like I'll be honest, in general I like her personality as it came across in her pre-covid youtube videos. She never seemed like a smart person, but she came across as nice so that was cool. Now she comes across as mostly dumb and 'out there' with that weird cult she was promoting on insta.   

Topmodels not getting vaccinated means GAME OVER modeling career (same with acting jobs)

Miss Corona virus is here to stay and mutate for many more years to come

Doutzen better get that vaccine soon or else we are wasting our time waiting for her comeback (although I'm not even sure if important photographers/designers/stylists/casting directors/editor-in-chiefs etc. are willing to work with her after all that bullshit)

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Well COVID-19 tests aren't 100% reliable.

Also it means you'd need a test for every single gig you take, which will turn into a hassle soon.

Yeah I kno they aren't 100% reliable. But its all you needed to travel. And i guess you could say the same about the vaccine. 

I dont think it would be a big hassle for someone so against the vaccine. Prob some gigs would only care about checking temps. And no model is working every day either. 

• 2 weeks later...

I miss her .... 😔

She looks good in that golden outfit. Would love this to be a new commercial for L'Oréal

But I don't think we will ever see this because it's already old

That shoot in the pool is perfect for some sun lotion for Summer 2021 campaign .. but the Summer is almost over!

Her frowning face always looks really bad in pictures ..maybe that's why they didnt use this material because she can't sell products looking moody/angry

She just can't relax her face/eyes when the sun shines 

The other 2 models can but she can't!

But L'Oréal should know better by now because this aint the first time she's having trouble shooting on location during a sunny day ..it happens all the time (the commercials with pigeons in Greece, on the street near the water in Paris, Barbados shoot ..probably for Vogue Paris, etc.)

That work never released 

She should close her eyes and someone tells her 3 2 1

And she can open her eyes looking relaxed for about 2 seconds before closing her eyes again

But she's the model..she should know better as well because it's her job