Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

She's a just legitimately dumb person. A ton of people can't just "build their immune system". If they had a choice to do it, they would've done it. So many people are immunocompromised and their life depends on seasonal vaccines to keep them alive. But according to Doutzen, they should just eat healthier and work out. What a dumb-ass.

I literally got no idea what she is talking about, either the dutch government is pretty bad or something else, but the CDC does recommend vitamins you can take to help your immune system as a precaution, but obviously the CDC is not saying its going to prevent you from getting the virus.

14 hours ago, Schemer said:

She's a just legitimately dumb person. A ton of people can't just "build their immune system". If they had a choice to do it, they would've done it. So many people are immunocompromised and their life depends on seasonal vaccines to keep them alive. But according to Doutzen, they should just eat healthier and work out. What a dumb-ass.

Exactly, she needs to get out of her bubble that has access to all these things because of the millions she has earned... Unfortunately, not everyone is so lucky!

PS: I know that there are a lot of controversies about tests and productions in the pharmaceutical industry, but nothing justifies the amount of shit that she has published and the responsibility she carries in doing this.

8 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Well no model ever made a career off her  intellect. :rofl:

That doesn't justify and it can harm her in several ways (Vogue UK canceled a shoot with rapper M.I.A for her anti-vaccine posts on Instagram), she is a model, she has no specific knowledge compared to the people who studied for this, she has to be quiet!

8 hours ago, saber said:

She's the disappointing proof that models are able to adopt any foolish idea someone throw at them with out any filtering.

I have no problem with what she believes, what irritated me deeply and disappointed me is that she published it as if it were a reality in everyone's life. She has always had a cool speech on a number of subjects, but this is terribly ignorant and selfish!

45 minutes ago, Sensual said:

I literally got no idea what she is talking about, either the dutch government is pretty bad or something else, but the CDC does recommend vitamins you can take to help your immune system as a precaution, but obviously the CDC is not saying its going to prevent you from getting the virus.

Basically she said that it is better for you to improve your hymological system by eating healthy, using vitamins and exercising than to wear a mask and wait for a vaccine. But she forgets that not everyone has access to this kind of thing and that is exactly where her ignorance lies!

I'm so disappointed with Doutzen. I could have accepted that she was misinformed and published some bullshit if later she was better informed and stopped this spiral of nonsense, but no, Doutzen has been spreading dangerous theories for several months at a critical time for society. I've been a fan of hers for a long time, but honestly, I don't care if she now has less work is what she deserves. Her attitude is not just that of a stupid person, it's dangerous and self-centered, many people (and from what I read, many dutch media journalists) through social networks have explained to her why she is wrong and why what she does is dangerous and she has completely ignored them.

15 hours ago, Mille Backer said:

That doesn't justify and it can harm her in several ways (Vogue UK canceled a shoot with rapper M.I.A for her anti-vaccine posts on Instagram), she is a model, she has no specific knowledge compared to the people who studied for this, she has to be quiet!

Let's give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar: if one is so dumb to take health advise from a model with no specific knowledge, they deserve the consequences. I would not entrust my plumber to give any sound opinion on arthritis, but if listened to his opinion that WD40 is great for lubricating joints I would be the idiot for following his advice.

In these days of social media any average Joe can spit their opinion on the internet, even more models who thrive on being exposed. It's up to the public to constantly remind that a model is just a model, not a doctor or a lawyer.

But at least she is not (yet?) selling candles scented like her baby making tool...

6 minutes ago, pacinko said:

Let's give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar: if one is so dumb to take health advise from a model with no specific knowledge, they deserve the consequences. I would not entrust my plumber to give any sound opinion on arthritis, but if listened to his opinion that WD40 is great for lubricating joints I would be the idiot for following his advice.

In these days of social media any average Joe can spit their opinion on the internet, even more models who thrive on being exposed. It's up to the public to constantly remind that a model is just a model, not a doctor or a lawyer.

But at least she is not (yet?) selling candles scented like her baby making tool...

i generally agree with you about one should think twice before taking an advice from someone who is unqualified. But, you are perhaps forgetting the effect of a celebrity/influencer/famous person on fans or follower, especially when that fan or follower is young. So, while what you said is true, we can’t really blame young people for not brushing aside almost anything that their role model said. This is much more about being stupid or not being stupid. 

47 minutes ago, Stika_Boom said:

i generally agree with you about one should think twice before taking an advice from someone who is unqualified. But, you are perhaps forgetting the effect of a celebrity/influencer/famous person on fans or follower, especially when that fan or follower is young. So, while what you said is true, we can’t really blame young people for not brushing aside almost anything that their role model said. This is much more about being stupid or not being stupid. 

I agree 100%. Being dumb only hurts yourself but taking others with you is criminally. I like her beauty but I have stopped following her, these are dangerous times to support such an ignorant person.

Ok I have seen this prattling on about Doutzen Kroes comments on vaccines/Covid. Who cares what a model thinks about the virus? She has no scientific training. If I want comments and information about these matters i go to scientifically trained professionals--NOT A MODELS of all people!!!! I really do not care what actresses, actors, models, or business people think or have to say about my health!! OK, she is ignorant but in many fields we all are ignorant. Keep in mind that ignorance is fixable, stupidity is not.

I still like her modeling work and will continue to follow this thread and enjoy her work (when she does it), but I'm so glad I don't follow her on social media. That is ridiculous. And i'm glad her fans on here are willing to call her out and not blindly turn their heads. We can totally appreciate her for her beauty and her modeling work, but I'm glad no one on here is agreeing with what she's saying just because they're a fan of her. 

I wish she'd model more and talk less. 

In some personal photos she looks lovely, but then in others she looks a lot older and tired. I wonder if her apperanace just fluctuates a lot or if it's the lighting and angles? She's still pretty, but it's just something I've noticed. 

@Hollander LOL that sounds so dumb " my cosmic family"...she really is a space cadet. I think she probably has good intentions and has a good heart and wants to do the best she can to help everyone, but she does sound crazy.