Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

19 hours ago, Hollander said:

Hunkemöller posted this

That's how I found out

She's getting older..so less jobs is normal in model world:(

99% of models dont get any jobs when they are 30

Doutzens beauty and body is exceptional. I think she will model well in her 40's if she takes good care of her skin.Tbh that is the only beauty issue I have with her. 

I need to ask you about the cut off age at 30....why is that still prevalent in the industry? I mean we have better than ever technology to stop aging than 20 years ago and

models know how to keep themselves fit or do semi surgical procedures....why is 30 still the cut off age?

I mean also the reason Doutzen is a top model are her unique features. Do you know any model that works today that competes with Doutzens million dollar face? I really do not know anyone. 

3 hours ago, wickedgame said:

Doutzens beauty and body is exceptional. I think she will model well in her 40's if she takes good care of her skin.Tbh that is the only beauty issue I have with her. 

I need to ask you about the cut off age at 30....why is that still prevalent in the industry? I mean we have better than ever technology to stop aging than 20 years ago and

models know how to keep themselves fit or do semi surgical procedures....why is 30 still the cut off age?

I mean also the reason Doutzen is a top model are her unique features. Do you know any model that works today that competes with Doutzens million dollar face? I really do not know anyone. 

I don't really know enough about the ins and outs of the fashion industry to answer the age question but I think there is always an obsession with youth and reaching young demographics. They're always looking for the next "it" girl or someone newer to sell whatever the product is.

You're absolutely right about Doutzen, she has an exceptional face that I think will ensure she is working as a model for a long time if she chooses to do so. I have noticed the skin "issue" too though, the video she did with Karlie Kloss highlighted this a bit. I think it's very difficult to keep the plumpness in the skin at very low bodyfat levels, so weight is probably as much as or more of an issue than skincare as such.

First of all, Doutzen could be working more if she wanted to. But for that she needs to live in New York and be the part of the "scene" which is something she doesn't like. Hence, a lot less business opportunities.

Also, the industry is obsessed with targeting younger demographic because they are more obsessed with brand names than the adults. So Kendall, Gigi or Bella can sell that product better than Doutzen can even tough they are not better models than Doutzen is.

I agree with all of you

BTW I watched the live stream a few times but not the whole time...so boring

One of them asked: How old are you?

Doutzen: I'm 35

At that moment I turned off because those questions are ridiculous

And only 200 people watched the live stream! 

And why she didnt come to the studio? She went to black lives matter protest in Amsterdam 

With 5000 people...but she can't come to studio and sit 1.5 metre away from the host because she's afraid to catch corona 

Sometimes I just get so annoyed by her choices

2 hours ago, Hollander said:

I agree with all of you

BTW I watched the live stream a few times but not the whole time...so boring

One of them asked: How old are you?

Doutzen: I'm 35

At that moment I turned off because those questions are ridiculous

And only 200 people watched the live stream! 

And why she didnt come to the studio? She went to black lives matter protest in Amsterdam 

With 5000 people...but she can't come to studio and sit 1.5 metre away from the host because she's afraid to catch corona 

Sometimes I just get so annoyed by her choices

And you predicted this on the previous page pretty much, that the questions would be rubbish. 😀

I'm sorry though, that must have been frustrating for you.

@Hollander omg, those kind of questions are super stupid. Why would someone waste their question on something they could easily Google and figure out themselves?

@hillstreet the skin thing is something I noticed as well. Her skin looks dry and dull. I wonder if she just doesn't take care of it or if it's genetics? I know my skin looks like that when I've been smoking a lot (at one point last summer I was up to smoking 2 packs a day. I've corrected that since and am down to half a pack to maybe a full pack on a busy/stressful day) and not taking care of my skin. If I don't use my serums and whatnot, or even cleanse my face (I don't wear makeup, but grime and pollution and smoke on my skin still need to be cleaned away), my skin looks haggard and rough. She has the money and access to good skin care, she should use it if she doesn't!

@Schemer I totally agree with the living in NYC vs Holland idea. And now that I think about, I agree that she probably either has job offers and turns them down, or she doesn't get them because she's not in a good location to work with companies outside of Holland. 

4 hours ago, wickedgame said:

How rich do you guys think Doutzen is?

According to Quote (Dutch Forbes)

2019 €30 million

2020 €30 million

Which is strange because she ears millions every single year

Or maybe because she bought a house €1.6 million ... demolish the house & rebuild it from the ground for €2.5 million

Maybe that's why her net worth stayed €30 million

Back in 2007 her manager (Sarah) laughed at Forbes 2007 list

$1.5 million according to Forbes

Sarah to RTLBoulevard reporter Fiona Hering: Laughing really loud and said something like "Im not gonna say numbers but it's A LOT more."

I didn't understand why Hunkemöller asked us to send questions via Instagram if they only answered people who joined Zoom. It was so disappointing, now that everything is over I expect a contract with La Perla that uses photographers like M&M in campaigns or Etam that has a show in Paris!

Some models have already returned to work, I hope the same will happen soon with her. Before that she did a shoot in L.A and then was on the set for L'Oréal, so far we haven't had anything maybe it was for the same contractor.

We were lucky that she walked in a lot of shows last season, because the fate of the fashion weeks is still uncertain, I talked with Ian from Max Mara and he said that there will be a show in September, but in a different way.

Doutzen is my all time favorite blonde model. I wish to see her more in the fashion world. It seems like Doutzen has already strong connection to important people in the industry who can help her more if she wants to but I noticed that she shifted her vision. It seems like she no longer sees herself achieving more than what she has now but instead using what she has to influence and advocate on what she believes in.

Would be nice if Doutzen & her team go/went to the beach these days at night to make a memorable photoshoot for Dutch Vogue 

Incl. campfire at beach/torches

Unfortunately her team in Holland is not really creative in coming up with ideas like this