Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

1 hour ago, Shepherd said:

Wall Street Journal Magazine, Jun/Jul 2020

Annemarieke Van Drimmelen photos

The lighting, poses, and middle-class clothing and homey setting reminds me of the paintings of Johannes Vermeer (1632 - 1675), the Dutch Golden Age painter (which no doubt was the intention of the photographer).

The last shot as nun is my fav .. looks like a real portrait

giphy-downsized.gif

Overall I love the location and photography and the old styling and her body positions

But not fan of her bland face expression

I just want to look at a models face and understand what the model is thinking but Doutzen's face expression is just bland and always the same

There's no life in the eyes...I dont know what she's thinking  ...I hate that!

She's still a gorgeous model but she's just a pretty model without face expressions

Just 1 look: open mouth & expression with her eyes = mix between looking vulnerable/slightly bored/slightly surprised

27 minutes ago, luchang732 said:

So the PR of hunkemoller in China just contacted us(we run a fanpage of DK on Chinese social media for years)and told us that there would be a promotional interview

They ask us if we have any questions for her.

So any thoughts you guys would like to provide?

- When is the end of her contract? Plans to renew the contract?

- When/If they release the commercial?

Questions probably need to be related to Hunkemöller but those questions about the collection are boring!

But maybe u can try to ask about her 2020 plans

- Future plans

- Upcoming projects (covers/campaigns/movies)

- About building her new eco friendly home, when she's going to move into that new mansion

- Wonder Woman 2

- What happened to her photoshoot on Barbados back in 2015

- If she's still going to do something for Eurovision 2021 (commercial about promoting The Netherlands or something)

The 35-year-old Dutch supermodel reminisces about an earlier time in her life

What’s the one phone call that changed your life?

My agency calling to tell me that I was booked by Steven Meisel for the Italian Vogue cover. That completely changed my life because that meant I was traveling around the world all of a sudden, that everybody wanted to work with me, because of that phone call I got when I was 18.

What’s the one thing you take on a business trip?

A business trip for me is just to bring myself! 

What is the one thing you wish you had learned earlier in your career?

To not take anything personally.

What is the one piece of advice that most changed your life?

[From] Eckhart Tolle’s book The Power of Now: to really be in the moment and not think about the past and the future—which is really difficult. It’s still a challenge—but when I do it, it’s life-changing.

What’s the one thing you would grab from your house (after family members and pets) if it caught fire?

Picture albums. Back in the day we would print the pictures, and we would put them in a photo album and write something next to it. Me, my sister and my mom would do that during the holidays. Those are so precious.

What one age would you be again and why?

Maybe I would be 26 again. I would love to see my kids as babies again one day if I could. They’re 9 and almost 6 now. Time flies.

How would your one closest friend describe you?

Paradoxical, friendly, dreamy, a little bit crazy. 

What do you consider your one greatest accomplishment?

Knot on My Planet [the elephant conservation campaign supported by Kroes]. I think it all made sense when I could use my voice for charity, for a species like elephants that don’t have a voice. I think that’s an accomplishment I can be really proud of.

Who is the one person, alive or dead, you’d most like to have dinner with?

Nelson Mandela. 

Was there one time in your life when you’d lost hope?

When Greta [Thunberg] started her demonstrations and she really woke up the world and said we only have four more years, and then our window is gone…. If I really start to think about these things, I can lose hope. I’m also someone who just does not want to lose hope.

From what one thing do you draw the greatest sense of meaning?

I think nature. We all say we love to appreciate the little things, but I feel like the little things are huge and spectacular. When I’m in the garden and I see springtime and I see everything bloom again, it’s such a miracle, and we take that for granted all the time.

What’s the one thing you’d most like to be remembered for?

Having a big heart. That’s all that matters.

WSJ.COM

So much new stuff! Thanks to everyone who is posting. This is great!

That WSJ editorial is cool, but not my style. Too dark and boring and I agree with @Hollander about her lack of facial expressions. But I'm glad she had some work. 

I also really enjoyed reading that article about her reminiscing about her earlier life. I like the pictures they would print out. My aunt and I used to do that. 

she looks GORGEOUS in those cgonzales (carolina gonzales I'm guessing?) pictures. 

On 5/27/2020 at 10:27 AM, luchang732 said:

So any thoughts you guys would like to provide?

That is so cool! I'll have to think of something to ask. 

The Hunkmoller pictures have been great, but that behind the scenes picture is awful. That's a terrible pose and she looks really masculine. I blame the makeup artist and whoever retouched the picture, though. 

I like the Hola! editorial a lot. I'm glad she doesn't have the crazy hard man abs she had during her VS days. Her body looks much softer and more feminine now. 

But I don't understand the concept of the editorial, but that's not her fault. She's walking a horse on the beach? She's not going for a ride on the beach because there is no saddle. So I'm a bit confused, but that may just be me analyzing it too much lol

Thanks for posting!