Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

Doutzen's Flying Without Wings

AFTER departing Victoria's Secret following six years as an Angel, Doutzen Kroes would be forgiven for missing her wings, but instead she is relishing new opportunities.

"Victoria's Secret gave me a lot, but I had to move on and do different things," the model, mother and actress told us during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week - Berlin. "But I do think about the girls right now, because I know the prep that they're going through."

Her new commitments require her to do some prep of her own. On her most recent shoot for the German fashion week sponsor's latest fashion visual - which reunited her with  the legendary stylist, and old friend,  Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele - she had to master the art of flying - wing-free. 

"I was in a trapeze all day," she laughed. "I had to swing past the car and pose! But working with Carlyne isn't like work. She makes every day easier - our first job was over 10 years ago in St Barts, so it's great to be reunited with her."

De Dudzeele isn't the only colleague-turned-friend who Kroes has formed lasting relationships with. With over a decade of modelling under her belt, she is able to call a troup of the most well-known names in the industry - Mario Testino, Inez and Vinoodh, Steven Meisel and Patrick Demarchelier all get name checked - "extended family", and then there are, of course, the Angels.

"Adriana, Candice, Karlie, Joan - I don't want to leave anyone out!" she laughed. "We built amazing relationships. What's so great is that there is always someone in the world that I know. Every fashion country I go to, there is someone there that I can spend time with."

Spending her time wisely is something that is a constant thought for Kroes, especially regarding her young family - she has two children,  Phyllon Joy and Myllena Mae, with DJ husband Sunnery James.

"I'm far more conscious of time now I have children," she revealed. "We compare diaries a lot and count how many days that we are going to be apart. I definitely plan more, but then there are, of course, some things that you can't plan."

Future plans hopefully include her own label of basics, she disclosed ("It's a fantasy right now"), as well as perhaps more acting (it's a lesser-known fact that Kroes has two acting credits to her name: the lead in 2011's Nova Zembla, the first Dutch movie to be made in 3D; and the short French film J'Marche Pas En Arriére, currently in post-production). But there is one date locked in the diary for the end of the year: the Victoria's Secret 20th anniversary show.

"I'll be watching"

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2015/07/14/doutzen-kroes-mercedez-benz-brand-ambassador-interview/gallery/1441670

Didn't people say she left VS because she was off to work for some other lingerie line?  :idk:

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I had to make an account to talk about the new Balmain campagn. They used Joan Smalls and Kendall Jenner and their sisters and I'm so mad they didn't use Doutzen and Rens like it would have been such a good concept. I've always thought Rens is very pretty too. But anyways, thanks for always keeping me updated on Doutzen. I hope I can be as fast as you always are with all the news :)

Doutzen said on Dutch TV (RTL Late Night) : There are other lingerie companies interested in me after I gave birth to Myllena

Yes but some people here shifted in to their psychic role and progressed to say it was with H&M. Particularly in the sinkhole that is the Victoria's Secret thread on this website.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I had to make an account to talk about the new Balmain campagn. They used Joan Smalls and Kendall Jenner and their sisters and I'm so mad they didn't use Doutzen and Rens like it would have been such a good concept. I've always thought Rens is very pretty too. But anyways, thanks for always keeping me updated on Doutzen. I hope I can be as fast as you always are with all the news :)

I would love a campaign with Doutzen and sister Rens, Gisele and her twin sister too. Welcome aboard, nice to have you here!!

Doutzen said on Dutch TV (RTL Late Night) : There are other lingerie companies interested in me after I gave birth to Myllena

Yes but some people here shifted in to their psychic role and progressed to say it was with H&M. Particularly in the sinkhole that is the Victoria's Secret thread on this website.

I don't know if it was H&M or not, but I do know she had a big offer for a deal very much like Rosie's with Mark&Spencer, if she took it or no IDK for sure. However, it does seem odd that there's literally no word about Doutzen's post-VS work considering she even admitted to it on TV.

Ed Razek : At her agency’s request, we released her from contract

So far she still has no new contracts for Fall/Winter 2015

If Doutzen doesn't score F/W 2015 lingerie/swim campaign(s) she & her agency(s) look like fools!

Switching agency might be better for her carreer because DNAMODELS seems kinda dead

It's not wat it used to be years ago

Her last high fashion campaign is already 2 years ago : Pucci F/W 2013 

I miss those high fashion days & I thought she would be getting lots of high fashion work after leaving VS ... but that didn't happen   :(

Following her carreer is getting really boring  (N)

She should at least walk in the VS show this year. I mean Izabel doesn't even have to audition and she gets a spot. It just won't be the same without Doutzen. She was the queen at the 2012 show. She did look dead tired at the 2014 show. Then again not like VS is that important anymore really lol.