Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

Wish she never signed her VS contract in the first place!

She signed her VS contract at a difficult time when models were only allowed to do commercial work or high fashion work but they could not do both

She lost her high fashion image at that time she sgned with VS because she was getting too commercial

VS gave her not 1 fantasy bra/not 1 show opening

VS did not do anything for her carreer (except a USA Elle cover + USA Vanity Fair cover)

Hopefully she is still able to shoot a/some Spring-Summer campaign(s) now she left VS ... although that chance is little 

I don't know enough about that. But Gisele also worked for VS and had tons of HF contracts at the same time. So in that period it WAS possible. 

She never lost her high fashion image. VS and the high fashion world were pretty separated though, so I agree about that, but then the high fashion world started using more VS models, remember when Doutzen, Alessandra and Miranda walked Prada, or when Miranda was on Vogue Italia and then Candice made a splash as well. Now VS and high fashion world are quite interlinked, they both are going after publicity than actual talent. It is a business after all.

When Doutzen signed with Loreal in april 2006 people start saying she is too commercial now & bye bye high fashion carreer! Models could not accept commercial jobs.

I remember Doutzen saying she had to reject the Guess jeans campaign before her big break in Febr. 2005 because it was too commercial. They said if you do Guess Steven Meisel wont ever book you.

And Victoria Secret offered Doutzen a contract 2004/2005 but Doutzen said she wanted to do high fashion work first before signing with VS.

2003-2009 was a difficult time for models who wanted to do high fashion and commercial work

It was a time where "Alien" models were very popular in high fashion

After Gisele, Doutzen has been the best angel in terms of mix of commercial, HF work, editorial and campaigns. She's had major commercial contracts but still booked lots of covers and editorials and been featured in plenty of ads and campaigns. Out of all the Angels she worked the most and has a solid career outside of VS. She will continue to do fine. I think she will start branding herself now. Which is smart.

I hope now that she's officially post-Angel now, she'll be landing the projects that is fit for her. Since some of you guys know Dutch, I agree that I hope her agent/managers aren't fully making decisions for her but be that as it may, seems like she highly regards their opinions no matter what. If she does end up doing a new lingerie contract, I definitely agree that something like CK underwear is a great way to say F-U to VS (maybe it's just me :rofl:). Plus you never know, she was a face for CK for many years and made her first comeback through them with Reveal.

I don't know what to think if she leaves L'Oreal too. L'Oreal may be signing on many models right now but it was pretty lucrative that she landed a contract with them back in the day. Plus some of her Cannes appearances are the best she's looked on the red carpet (especially since Michael Angel does a much better job as the L'Oreal stylist than her usual one :ninja:).

This news sucks, but I have to agree with Doutzen's decision. VS was not doing anything for he career really. She was already successful before she joined. Doutzen paved the way for these models to get hired by L'oreal. Back then it was celebrities only and then came the exceptional beauty Doutzen that made all those celebrities look like basic bitches in the face. I still think Doutzen is the best looking in all the L'oreal ads. Then I thought it was BS Miranda's cabbage patch doll head became an angel before her and got the fb and Selita too and Doutzen never did. WTF? DOUTZEN>Miranda/Selita/most angels etc....SMH. Anyways, so over it. VS has become BS since Gisele left anyways lol. The only thing making VS relevant are models Adriana, Candice, and well....that's it since Doutzen left now lol. I'm sure Doutzen will land even better contracts in the near future.

I'm glad VS and Doutzen decided to cut ties (Y)  Honestly Doutzen never gave VS priority and VS never gave her priority either, she had a good Angel run now it's time to move on to bigger and better things, I think Doutzen will be more than fine without them, just look at how some former Angels branched out after VS, Gisele, Karolina and Izabel all started working like crazy after leaving VS, even lesser known girls like Erin started to get more work post-VS. Also, Doutzen has been very vocal about wanting to raise her kids in Holland so even if her career slows down I'm sure it'll be her choice, she's a mom now and her priorities have changed, which is great and speaks very well of her as a mother.

As for the Google list, it is bullshit. Y'all know managements pay companies for that, there is absolutely no way Cara is so low, Adriana & Candice didn't make the cut ... and Hailey and Coco? And Bar who did zero jobs this year? lol just no.

As for the Google list, it is bullshit. Y'all know managements pay companies for that, there is absolutely no way Cara is so low, Adriana & Candice didn't make the cut ... and Hailey and Coco? And Bar who did zero jobs this year? lol just no.

But the list also shows Kendall right up there #2. People adore Kate and Kendall. Its not all bonkers you know :)

About Doutzen I pretty much agree, except it would make me sad if she left US cuz that would mean less work for her fans to witness :(

I'm not saying all list is fake but at least a good half of it. And I still don't think Kate was #1 mostly because she basically didn't do anything this year, I like. But then again, they consider the Jenner girl and Hailey Baldwin models ... :ninja:

And leaving the US doesn't mean less work, there's a lot of models who live in Europe. Take Natalia Vodianova for example, she has been in Paris for years and she still works a lot. It all comes down to the companies you work with and how much on demand a model is.

I do agree with Clauds and everyone else who thinks the list is a bunch of BS because you have to take into account that half of the people on that list are not searched for their modelling work. I doubt anybody that searched Kendall was going "Wow! I want to learn about this model!", they were searching her probably because they're a teenager with no life that worships the Kardashians. I do think Kate being #1 is possible though because don't you remember the Fappening thing earlier this year? Yeah she was on every paper, and didn't she have the Other Woman come out too? 

But seriously if you see a list where Gigi Hadid, Chanel Iman and Lily Aldridge are ahead in terms of rankings you know something is up :ninja: Especially when Adriana and Candice aren't on it. 

Also posted on Doutzen's Facebook account;

post-67297-0-1446078699-64264_thumb.jpg

"Together is the greatest place to be. Thanks RVDA for this amazing shot."

Lmao that Google list is everything. Yea because more than 2 people actually searched for Chanel and most of the girls in the list. Who is Hailey? :ninja:. Aint no way Cara is that far down. If the list was accurate, Candice would be there, Adriana would be in the top 5. Sorry Gisele you are queen but your online presence is lackluster. You can actually use Google trends to see models, things in general, that are most searched. 100% sure the result would be different. I'll search it, and post it here when I'm free.