Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

from the article:

Jamaica's Anti-Gay 'Murder Music' Carries Violent Message

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2010/winter/harmonies-of-hate

Dancehall group TOK’s track “Chi Chi Man,” about killing and burning gay men, ...

... Its lyrics: From dem a par inna chi chi man car / Blaze di fire mek we bun dem! From dem a drink inna chi chi man bar / Blaze di fire mek we dun dem! (“Those who gather in a fag’s car / Blaze the fire, let’s burn them! Those who drink in a fag bar / Blaze the fire, let’s kill them!”)

and that's just the chorus

For a person whose first language isn't english, i very much doubt he can understand a word of what they are saying in the song. i even doubt a native english person would understand it either, unless you bother to search the lyrics expressly.

For a person whose first language isn't english, i very much doubt he can understand a word of what they are saying in the song. i even doubt a native english person would understand it either, unless you bother to search the lyrics expressly.

lol, dude is a very successful international DJ. If the song is any popular in the club scene, he knows it. Plus both him and Doutzen speak English flawlessly.

^ English, but not jamaican slang or whatever that is.

The song is in Patois. 

The song is in a language neither of them speak and they probably just like it for the beat. If it's not in a language either of them speak, they're not obligated to know what the lyrics mean, so I think some of you are just overreacting on that matter. 

and LOL @ that commercial hollander :rofl: 

My problem with this is that by posting that video, she is actively promoting these horrible artists. The comment section of that vid is full of people asking about the song. If you are as popular on instagram as doutzen, you have a certain responsibility to be aware of what you post. I mean, before you know it, you could be spreading a message to your 1.99m followers about burning people cause they were born a little different

I think the Repeat people have a very specific esthetic in mind for their campaigns.

this whole 'safe, stable, homely, boring' thing is kind of their brand image

Ugh .. they seriously need a hair stylist for these Repeat campaigns. It looks so bland & boring!
At least do a different hairstyle! A ponytail, braid, knot, straight hair or curls or something else! So many options.

maybe Mo could do it! oh... wait