Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

More Askmen (part of it in the above video)

We know, it's hard to keep track of all the dating tips. In that way, going on dates is like swinging a golf club. Thinking about the mechanics of the thing will only get you in trouble, and you don't really want anyone giving pointers in the first place. But when Hank Haney offers to clean up your short game, you just say âIt would be my pleasure.â

So we took one for the team and spoke with three of the most beautiful women on the planet, Victoria's Secret models Adriana Lima, Lindsay Ellingson and Doutzen Kroes, about their advice for courting equally desirable women. What we found is that there's no one-size-fits-all solution, except to avoid talking about your expensive car and to definitely not get drinks at a place that makes her cry.

Address The Ball

AskMen: Before you were married, what was your general philosophy for dating?

Adriana Lima: In my country, Brazil, we don't do dates. We take everything more seriously. Well, I take everything more seriously. When I wasn't married, I never dated different people [at the same time]. I think most of the time in our country, we take one person, and that person stays with you for one month or one year so you can figure out their personality and things like that -- and then you move on to other people if it doesn't work. But I still date my husband. A great date with him is going out to a restaurant, somewhere romantic, having a nice dessert, talk about us, our relationship -- and after that involves lingerie, chocolate and perfume. It's rated R. I can't share anything else.

AskMen: What does your ideal first date look like?

Lindsay Ellingson: For me, being in New York City, I think it would be amazing if a guy brought me to a Broadway show. When I first moved to the city I would go by myself because I loved them so much. I was a dancer growing up. It's so entertaining. There's so much talent, but I don't know if guys are into that.

Doutzen Kroes: Going for a lunch -- not too heavy, not dinner, just lunch. You can escape if you need to.

The Backswing

AskMen: What's one really memorable way a guy has asked you on a date?

Lindsay Ellingson: I met my first boyfriend on the streets of Paris right after a runway show. I was really disheveled, one side of my hair was poofed out, my makeup was half off, and he still hit on me. So I was like, "This guy must really like me."

AskMen: How about the best, most original date you've ever been on?

Lindsay Ellingson: Actually, it was during the day. We went to Central Park and rode our bikes around. We had a glass of wine in the park on a blanket. That was really sweet and original -- I loved that.

Adriana Lima: When my husband proposed to me. It was a special date for me because in Brazil Valentine's Day is on June 12th, which happens to be my birthday, and he proposed to me in this beautiful, romantic, candlelit Italian restaurant. It was perfect.

Doutzen Kroes: I haven't met very original guys, I'm sorry. Just kidding. I think it's nice when it's a surprise: A guy tells you be ready at this time, wear something chic or casual, then he picks you up. And dress nicely. It's hard for guys, right? Girls think all these things and assume guys will know. It depends what you're doing. Normally, a nice coat, jeans and sneakers are totally fine. I love sweaters, too. A helicopter ride around Manhattan would be nice

AskMen: How do you feel about kissing on the first date?

Doutzen Kroes: If you both feel it? Yeah, sure.

Lindsay Ellingson: Don't go for the kiss until the third date. It's just way too soon.

AskMen: Being in a relationship, how important is it to set aside time with your husband?

Adriana Lima: Being married, it's very important to find time for the relationship every day -- even if you just wake up in the morning and have 10 minutes for a cup of coffee together. You can keep yourself connected and keep the relationship alive.

The Untimely Shank

AskMen: Let's talk about a time when things went wrong.

Lindsay Ellingson: I met this one guy for a drink at a Korean barbecue place, and they were cooking onions, so the entire date I was crying. And it was just so bad -- I was not into him at all, I knew immediately. So I just had to suffer through my eyes tearing up for, like, an hour. I didn't want to be rude.

AskMen: What should a guy definitely not do on a date?

Doutzen Kroes: You shouldn't talk too much about what you have. Sometimes guys can talk so much about how much money they have. You should just be yourself. That's what you want to see in a girl, so that's what a girl wants to see in a guy, too.

Lindsay Ellingson: I really can't stand cocky guys. Intelligence is important. I love nerdy guys -- love. And when a guy is really into pets and family, that's sweet.

http://uk.askmen.com/dating/dating_advice_...-02-28-16-15-00