Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

Hardbodies Unite in New Issue of Vogue

By SAMANTHA CRITCHELL

AP Fashion Writer

Posted: Today at 5:35 p.m.

NEW YORK — LeBron James is striking a pose in April's Vogue, which features the NBA star and supermodel Gisele Bundchen on the cover.

Bundchen, who stands 5-foot-11, wasn't intimated by James' 6-foot-8, 350-pound frame. "He doesn't really make you feel small, even though he is big," she says in the magazine.

"I think my leg is like the size of his shoe," she adds.

The duo is one of several athlete-model pairings in the magazine's annual shape issue. It's only the third time a man has appeared on a Vogue cover, with James following in the footsteps of Richard Gere, who appeared with Cindy Crawford in 1992, and George Clooney, who also appeared with Bundchen in 2000.

The pairing of the All-Star forward and the runway icon was shot in January by famed photographer Annie Leibovitz in James' hometown of Akron, Ohio. Others inside the new issue include swimmer Michael Phelps with Caroline Trentini, snowboarder Shaun White with Daria Werbowy; and speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno with Doutzen Kroes.They all talk about their bodies - and each other's.

Model Raquel Zimmermann (5-foot-10) told discus thrower Jared Rome that he wasn't as super-sized as she was expecting.

"You're not as tall as I thought you'd be," responds the 6-foot-tall Rome, who weighs 310 pounds and was appears to lift Zimmermann with one arm in a photo.