Bellazon

Pharrell Williams
Thumbnail

miamaia

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Janelle Monáe gets a super sweet embrace from Usher while attending the advanced screening of her upcoming film Hidden Figures held at Regal Cinemas Atlantic Station Stadium 16 on Wednesday (November 16) in Atlanta, Ga.

The 30-year-old entertainer was also joined at the event by Pharrell Williams, who is billed as a producer on the film, which hits theaters nationwide on January 6!

Following the advanced screening, Janelle and Pharrell hosted a special Hidden Figures: The Album Listening Party with DJ Drama, where Ludacris and Jidenna came out to show their support.

Hidden Figures: The Album, which hits stores on December 9, features brand new music from Alicia Keys, Mary J. Blige, as well as Pharrell and Janelle

ZMxruDKX.jpg 1Fgmy1gP.jpg RsdsArDK.jpg 6RUh02bb.jpg xuPxyfoA.jpg DT8afCik.jpg Dh6CxfXc.jpg 4hfHLeTy.jpg kfhidV0P.jpg RZoVryg7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pharrell Williams takes the cover of Esquire magazine’s February 2017 issue.

Here’s what the 43-year-old entertainer had to share with the mag:

On his music: “I think everything is given to us. Everything is. We didn’t create it. It’s being given to us in one shape or form. It is a deep delusion to think otherwise. I’m not the juice. I’m not the ice that makes it cool. And I’m certainly not the glass. I’m just the straw.”

On his 2013 hit “Happy”: “I noticed that there was a lot of pain going on around the world. Then you start thinking about why people might have needed that song, and it becomes very heavy.”

On why he supported Hillary Clinton: “I did it so I could sleep. So whatever happens, I know I tried. This has kept me up at night. The kind of divisions that this nation is seeing—it hasn’t been this way since the 60s.”

31891839_pharrell-williams-esquire-febru 31891844_pharrell-williams-esquire-febru 31891845_pharrell-williams-esquire-febru 31891851_pharrell-williams-esquire-febru

• 3 weeks later...

Pharrell Williams and Helen Lasichanh Welcome Triplets

Williams’s rep confirmed the triplets joined older brother Rocket earlier this month.

When I saw music producer turned Chanel model Pharrell Williams at the French fashion house’s ritzy fashion show in Paris in December (held at the Ritz, appropriately enough), I could have sworn there was something special about the look in his eye. Now Vanity Fair can exclusively explain why: his wife, Helen Lasichanh, was pregnant with not one, not two, but three children. She gave birth to triplets earlier in January.

Williams’s rep declined to provide the babies’ names or sexes, but confirmed that mother and children are “healthy and happy.” (The triplets will join Williams and Lasichanh’s firstborn son, Rocket, who is eight years old.)

In addition to multiplying his brood by 400 percent, it’s been a busy year for Pharrell. After he walked Karl Lagerfeld’s Chanel fashion show in December, it was announced that he would be the first-ever male to model in a Chanel handbag campaign. (Cara Delevingne and Kristen Stewart also appear in the ads, which were lensed by Lagerfeld himself.)

Williams has also been popping up on on the awards circuit, since he’s an Academy Award–nominated producer of Hidden Figures. The movie won best ensemble at this weekend’s SAG Awards, so we’ll have to just wait and see if in addition to the three new babies at home, he’ll bring home an Oscar this year as well.

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017/01/pharrell-williams-helen-lasichanh-welcome-triplets

pharrell-helen-williams.jpg

• 1 month later...