Bellazon

Music of 2012

donbot

^Once, a few years ago when she was touring her first record. It wasn't the most amazing gig, but I can blame most of that on the shit venue.. which never fails to draw in a certain percentage of douchebags :/

She was good though - definately worth seeing. I've got a ticket to see her this July too actually :)

^Not an artist I'm at all familiar with, but I like the sound of that one. :hehe:

So apparently, a new album by Metric is due in May. If like me you're a raging Emily Haines addict, this is great news. Looks like they're 'doing a Hives' in terms of keeping their return low-key though. :chicken:

New Metric = awesome :clap:

^Not an artist I'm at all familiar with, but I like the sound of that one. :hehe:

She was a bit of a breakout artist over here in the early/mid 2000s, and had a few pretty big singles - "Scar" being the first, and biggest. I used to listen to her first record a lot, but was kind of over her by the time her second came out. This new single (which is the first thing she's released in about 5 years) has me interested again though. It's a pretty new sound for her, and I really hope the rest of the album follows suit :yes:

She's always been incredibly sweet and down to earth though, and I like that she sings in an Australian accent :hehe:

So apparently, a new album by Metric is due in May. If like me you're a raging Emily Haines addict, this is great news. Looks like they're 'doing a Hives' in terms of keeping their return low-key though. :chicken:

+Single :ddr:

Here's a bit of new material by St. Vincent - not sure if it'll be in any way indicative of how the next album might sound (it's a one-off single recorded for Record Store Day) but still, it's quite the departure from 'Strange Mercy'. :hehe:

• 2 weeks later...