Bellazon

Why do the majority of people think been white, blond, blue/green eye is better, and more attractive?

Maiya

I find this very ignorant, I don't think it has nothing to do with your skin, hair, eye color more attractive or better, I am tired hearing this over and over, I think is sad, and very ignorant for people who think been dark, black is ugly, black is a beautiful color, and I am tired seen dark people depressed and trying to be white, in getting eye surgery to make there eyes green or blue permanently and dying there hair blond just to feel beautiful, and is so stupid to try to please those ignorant people that think been dark is ugly. Why do people think been white is beautiful, and black is ugly? where did they got that from, I still want to know why people think that way, I am not racist over white people, I do think some white people are beautiful, and dark people are beautiful too, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I really hate when people considered been black is ugly. The majority of actor, actresses, models are white and if they are not white they have color eyes, and they considered them gorgeous. I was watching a novela with my parents the other day and I notice all the actor had color eyes, do they thing having dark eyes are so ugly that they dont want to put them in tv, is so pathetic. I hate how people considered beautiful eyes only the ones are green and blue, I saw the other day a list of beautiful eyes and they were all blue and green eyes, they were no brown eyes in the list, brown eyes are beautiful too. Anyways not trying to be mean or racist but white people end up always looking older than their age they don't age well, and in my opinion blond hair look damaged, I think black hair looks more healthy and black people could be very old and still look young, there is a phrase out there that it say black don't crack I so agree with the phrase. White skin is very sensitive to the sun it gets all red and peel and dark skin just gets darker. in my country if you are white or have color eyes people praise you, and treat you like a queen or king, and if you are dark people considered you butt ugly and they are mean to you, I think this is so cruel, and I think these needs to stop.

Sorry if I insulted or offended anybody I did not meant to do that, I just to know express myself with my opinion.

I think every single ethnicity has its own beauty. If someone think a white girl (just because she is white) is more beautiful than a black one or an Indian one, that person is just a bloody idiot. Now a lot of people have preferences (maybe a little fetish too) when it comes to the women/men they want to date and are gong to be attracted by Asiatic women or men when other will be attracted by blonds with green eyes or a black women.

When it come to racism there is not much of an explanation to give. Except ignorance and stupidity.

I was watching a novela with my parents the other day and I notice all the actor had color eyes, do they thing having dark eyes are so ugly that they dont want to put them in tv, is so pathetic.

First: watching a novela? :laugh:

This how the things goes in every societies. They want to show "perfection" on tv, magazines, etc. White women want to have a darker skin and burn their skin under the sun when Black women (especially in Africa) want to have a lighter skin and use very dangerous product to do it. Asiatics women are having surgeries because they don't like their slanted eyes & want to look like European women. Black women in America using very dangerous chemical relaxers that straighten their hair because a common ideology in the American culture is that the straighter the hair, the prettier the woman. On the contrary, a woman wearing her hair naturally (with no chemical processing) is viewed unprofessional and not attractive ( :ninja: )

not trying to be mean or racist but white people end up always looking older than their age they don't age well, and in my opinion blond hair look damaged

that's not true. Ur opinion but not true and not a fact.

I think what is really pretty is dark hair and green eyes. I really like the dark features, with the green contrast!

And to answer your question I think it doesn't really matter what their skin, or hair color is, you can just tell when the person exudes something special.

I think every single ethnicity has its own beauty. If someone think a white girl (just because she is white) is more beautiful than a black one or an Indian one, that person is just a bloody idiot. Now a lot of people have preferences (maybe a little fetish too) when it comes to the women/men they want to date and are gong to be attracted by Asiatic women or men when other will be attracted by blonds with green eyes or a black women.

When it come to racism there is not much of an explanation to give. Except ignorance and stupidity.

First: watching a novela? :laugh:

This how the things goes in every societies. They want to show "perfection" on tv, magazines, etc. White women want to have a darker skin and burn their skin under the sun when Black women (especially in Africa) want to have a lighter skin and use very dangerous product to do it. Asiatics women are having surgeries because they don't like their slanted eyes & want to look like European women. Black women in America using very dangerous chemical relaxers that straighten their hair because a common ideology in the American culture is that the straighter the hair, the prettier the woman. On the contrary, a woman wearing her hair naturally (with no chemical processing) is viewed unprofessional and not attractive ( :ninja: )

Great post :) ! Though none of the Africans I know ever mentioned the skin cream thing, though its a big continent of course so I'm sure there's many things there I've never heard of. I hate to pour on to the eye thing, but skin whitening creams are actually most popular in Asian countries. They also now have sergeries to increase height as well. With African American women and hair, unfortunately they are first permed before they have a choice when they are very young, so its engrained young. A lot of it comes from remnants of the slave mentality, though there is continual progress as there aren't even as many nose jobs among blacks are much more rare compared to the previous two decades. Aside from the occassional obviously fake (and unnecessary blonde die), I don't see as much issues with latin people as with others though all have some issue of course. Over here, butt pads and butt injections and botox are becoming more popular with white American women though on the other hand, white women with naturally full lips and non-flat butts are more proud now than they were ten to fifteen years ago the same as blacks are more proud of round noses than back then. To the thread in general as a side note, if you would look at them closely, many people widely considered beautiful (regardless of race) aren't necessarily less prone to insecurities than anyone else. On the positive side, it seems to me that I'm seeing more outward appreciation of a wider range of beauty every year :) .

• 11 months later...

I was watching the discovery health channel and I saw a case where an African woman was bleaching her skin because she wanted to lighten her skin to feel beautiful cuz she wanted people to like her. she think her dark skin makes her ugly, I felt sad for her. she shouldn't been bleaching herself is not healthy. she needs to learn that the lighter the skin doesn't make someone beautiful.

I was watching the discovery health channel and I saw a case where an African woman was bleaching her skin because she wanted to lighten her skin to feel beautiful cuz she wanted people to like her. she think her dark skin makes her ugly, I felt sad for her. she shouldn't been bleaching herself is not healthy. she needs to learn that the lighter the skin doesn't make someone beautiful.

African women do bleach their skin like crazy. Not all of them though. I'd say 30% bleach their skin. And most of them are very bad at it. No really, it looks disgusting on most of them. Just today, I was having this conversation with a friend.

People think lighter skin makes you more beautiful than those with darker ones. I'm black but I have a lighter skin tone, and Africans always tell me how handsome I am. Even when they're comparing me with someone else and that person is clearly more good looking than I am, they'll say I'm still more attractive, or they'll say the other person is more attractive but I'm still fairer, which means, I'm still more handsome. I always shake my head on such high ignorance level.

But to be fair, African women to bleach their skin because they fill like the world accepts you more with lighter skin. Egypt is my second home, and their are people there who look down on black people. In fact, Arabs are notorious for treating black people like garbage. My step sis lived in Dubai and I have an uncle that live in Lebanon and I know many other people who lived or are still living in the Arab world. They all tell the same tale.

Also, there's this commercial I see on TV about a cream called Fair and Lovely. Apparently, it makes you fairer. It's popular amongst Indians and Arabs I hear. It's so popular/effective that, they made one for men. Fair and Handsome :rofl:

I don't know if I'm making sense. Killing two birds with one stone here. Lol chatting with my friend and posting here at the same time.

^Then you should have concentrated before saying such things.

I'm sorry but how dare you say so.I have been to some Arab countries,including Egypt,and I know/met lots of them,they don't treat people according to color,NO at all.They told me that generally in Arab world ,color isn't issue .They don't have a history of color Persecution just as some other places in the world have.

Though I don't believe in color thing,and if we're talking about color ,me being white and You being black or fair or anything doesn't give you right to say that they treat them like garbage.

I haven't been talking out of some places recently ,but really that makes me feel angry and felt it's unfair to keep quiet or shut my mouth about things I know and touched before.

And I'm back to my silence.

^Then you should have concentrated before saying such things.

I'm sorry but how dare you say so.I have been to some Arab countries,including Egypt,and I know/met lots of them,they don't treat people according to color,NO at all.They told me that generally in Arab world ,color isn't issue .They don't have a history of color Persecution just as some other places in the world have.

Though I don't believe in color thing,and if we're talking about color ,me being white and You being black or fair or anything doesn't give you right to say that they treat them like garbage.

I haven't been talking out of some places recently ,but really that makes me feel angry and felt it's unfair to keep quiet or shut my mouth about things I know and touched before.

And I'm back to my silence.

In the Arab world, color IS an issue. Fair skin and light eyes are coveted. I don't know where you got the idea that it wasn't. Perhaps no one is being persecuted for not having it, but they certainly push forward the concept of light eyes as being a symbol of beauty above that of darker eyes.

some of you guys are so f*cking sensitive it's unbelievable.

Is it possible that statements and perceptions are derived from our OWN experiences and there is no facts when it comes to how you perceive the cultural issues of the Arab world?

The subject title of this thread in general. IMO is a non issue. In it's origin, someone finding green eyed blonde haired white girls more attractive than people with alternative features is hardly ignorant or rude, it's called a preference. What is ignorant, is to go and call other races dark and ugly-yes I agree, but how is preferring one set of features or even ethnicity or race(in terms of physical/sexual attraction) over another wrong in any regard?

Like Kiki said, there are people that have fetishes. This is sometimes seen as creepy, but rarely ignorant/rude/racist.

Dreamss..

As for the fair and lovely cream. One of my good friends (Indian, from Delhi) used to have her aunt from India bring those small tubes of that cream to the states every time she visited. I remember watching a commercial in a social justice course I took, that featured an Indian woman losing her boyfriend to a fair skinned woman. It was an advertisement for a cream or something. Now that and the message it sends is offensive, but the issue of why light skin is desired goes deeper than that.

I looked for the video on youtube, couldn't find it but found this .

ridiculous

Its why Ana has this form :rofl: :

post-54896-0-1446018377-58453_thumb.jpg

:laugh::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ana is a genius obviously :wub:

But in all seriousness. The way that some of these people get worked up, offended, or hurt about statements made on the internet. I'm jealous. I wish I had their lives? And the most moving problem in my life was someone saying something offensive or rude on bellazon.

Its why Ana has this form :rofl: :

post-3451-0-1446018377-91421_thumb.jpg

:laugh::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Ana is a genius obviously :wub:

But in all seriousness. The way that some of these people get worked up, offended, or hurt about statements made on the internet. I'm jealous. I wish I had their lives? And the most moving problem in my life was someone saying something offensive or rude on bellazon.

Don't say it twice or I might believe it. ;)

Considering the last posts here beginning from my post,I would just assume that maybe you had me in your mind when saying this,but I would say that I agree with what you said ,it's just sometimes we do remember that even on the internet we're humans not machines,computers are the tools not the thing or the one talking,so sometimes we have to show some feelings. ;)

So I think it's hard to switch lives,my life is mine not giving it to you . :laugh::heart:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dreams,

I think you already know that I respect you,it's just I felt it's against what I saw and learned .

And as for facts I always take facts from personal experiences and knowledge of open hearts,open minds people,Also it's apparant that you also had your facts from same places as me,which is so good.

I don't like to take facts from faked media [most media in most parts of the world are really faking it] ,they just always worsen pictures of many other countries/many other nations.

Unfortunately I'm travelling for about 4 days ,so I won't be able to be online to reply to you,incase you were angry with me or want to say something .But we can agree to disagree, :heart::hug:

And to answer the topic title,for me I don't find rules or theories for beauty,when you'e beautiful,you are beautiful,no matter what is the color of your hair,skin,eyes,

I sometimes go for women as Tyra Banks ,Vanessa Williams[oh how I dore her beauty]or Noemi Lenoir,brown hair,not dark not so white skin,with brown hair.

And sometimes I like brunettes with light brown eyes..Or women with black hair and black eyes,such as Catherine Zeta Jones.

Or dark skinned/dark haired such as the beautiful Tookes and Ribeiro.

Or red haired and fair skinned women such as Nicole Kidman[not now though ]

The list goes on and on as beauty is beauty,no matter what is the shape or color.