Bellazon

Perfect???

rocwilder36

I don't think true perfection is possible, which is fine, because it tends to be the little imperfections that make someone beautiful or at least put the little cherry on top to complete the image; e.g. Karolina Kurkova's mole, it really adds character to her face. There are other examples but I don't feel like trying to think of them. :D

I think the tendency for celebrities to be "beautiful" is a combination of things. First, a lot of them work out a lot. Second, genetics play a role; some of them are just naturally good looking. Lastly, they have a lot of money, so they can afford the best stylists... and doctors. :whistle:

The idea of "perfection" I think definitely partly comes from the way a person carries himself/herself. In an article featuring Gisele it mentioned her wearing an impossibly uncomfortable outfit but she just glided as she walked in it. You see videos of Josie Maran and Megan Ewing and they're just captivating in the way they conduct their behavior and poses.

Physically perfect is boring to me. Look at Nicole Kidman, she's got a clean and dainty sort of beauty but something about her is just sterile and bland, not appealing.

im really interested not so much in the definition of perfection or who you think is perfect i have another post dedicated to that what i want to lnow is what celebs you guys think might have had plastic surgery? or the few you guys think have not been under the knife YET as someone had refered to angelina and scarlett

im really interested not so much in the definition of perfection or who you think is perfect i have another post dedicated to that what i want to lnow is what celebs you guys think might have had plastic surgery? or the few you guys think have not been under the knife YET as someone had refered to angelina and scarlett

The ones I think have had work done:

Jessica Simpson

Catherine Zeta Jones

Krista Allen

Edited by mameha

what do you think catherine zeta and jessica had done? what do you think about my list and what they had done? also heard jennifer lopez got nose done.

Catherine's face is much "puffier" and youthful looking, it used to be more angular and she had far more wrinkles. I'm not sure what procedure would be used to achieve that, but that's not a change you could get from a face cream.

Jessica looks like she got socked in the mouth, she had a lip injection of some type I'd suspect.

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/005189.html

check out paris hilton before and after here list of offense are: hair bleaching,blue contacts,and a very obvious nosejobs some names are debatable paris is not one plus she seems very artificial so cosmetic surgery wouldn't be a surprise or shock.

btw check out awfulplasticsurgery.com it has alot of celebs there

as for catherine zeta jones im on the fence some people seem to think shes had a whole bunch of work done ive seen old pic sof her and i always thought she was pretty but she migth be using a few anti aging devices i.e. botox,facelift (god knows her husband michael douglas is a frequent visitor to dr. nip/tuck).

its funny people always overlook the guys tho does anyone have old pics of benjamin bratt cuz ive only seen one pic of him i nthe old days and thats on awfulplasticsurgery so i cant really judge by one pic bu that pic seems to point to the notion that he might have sliced his schnoz.

also there are a few celebs i want to defend halle berry and aaliayh they both have been rumored to hav nosejobs and i have to disagree i never could even figure out y anyone speculated about halle but with aaliyah i think people watched her from puberty to womanhood where changes are likely to occur significantly.

anyway guys please post some interesting stuff ill be checking often.

Yeah, Catherine Zeta-Jones did have work done as far as I know of. Something to do with her eyes I believe. As far as I'm concerned, she's still one of the most consistently beautiful women out there.

True perfection would actually be..quite boring. Think about it. The more "average" looking someone is, the more generic they look...it is only when generic feminine features are exaggerated that we, in general, begin to view someone as "beautiful". Fuller lips, smaller chin, wider eyes, et cetera. So beauty may not necessarily be perfection, in my opinion, rather, averageness is. An exaggeration would be flawing it, and perfection means without flaws. So...beauty is not perfect, it is interesting and unique. The plainest person you can think of very well may be the most perfect.

I was going to type more but I don't want this turning into some crazy science of aesthetics paper :laugh: you all can hopefully understand what I mean though, so I'll leave it at that. Mind you, these are the mindless ramblings of a teenager...don't kill me. :ninja:

you sound like a philosophy professor not a teenager lol. Very well spoken nd reasoned but I am going to have to diasgree with you. If there wasnt a clear correlation with perfection and beauty then there wouldnt be plastic surgery. Tabloid magazines prove that people are in no way bored with beautiful people and their affairs. Also no one would choose to look average over being "beautiful" if they had the choice. Even though i can knock your personal opinions Ithnk I have a genral consensus with this one. What does the board think? BTW this topic is sooo interesting i should see new posts everyday.

Hm...I think I messed up in my post somewhere probably. I wasn't trying to say that beauty = average, but instead, beauty is taking those average features and exaggerating them, making them instead unique and beautiful. :) For instance, try pictuing a completely normal looking, not pretty or ugly, woman. If you could manipulate her face in order to make it beautiful, it would most likely involve taking the exact same features but with more of an emphasis on some things. And I think most people do correlate beauty with perfection, so plastic surgery to them may very well be trying to become perfect and more beautiful at the same time.

thank you for replying by the way! I'm glad someone actually read it :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...