Bellazon

Madonna
Thumbnail

Express Yourself

thank you for the pics from Mexico!!!

The Sticky & Sweet Tour is in its last month and is visiting South America!!! Buenos Aires will be the first city to get Sticky & Sweet and not only once but 4 times!!!!!! There are also rumours that they're gonna film the show for a DVD release there!! I cannot freakin' wait to get that DVD!!!

Madonna Meets President Cristina Fernandez And Ingrid Betancourt

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) -- Madonna met with a president and a former guerrilla-held hostage Tuesday at Argentina's presidential palace, where she filmed "Evita" 12 years ago.

The pop star, in Buenos Aires on the Latin America leg of her "Sticky & Sweet" world tour, showed up early for a visit Argentine President Cristina Fernandez -- who was then meeting with one of the world's best-known ex-hostages.

Former Colombian presidential candidate Ingrid Betancourt was freed in July after being held more than six years in jungle camps by leftist rebels from the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia. She was visiting Argentina to thank its government for working to free hundreds of other hostages left behind.

Fernandez brought Madonna and Betancourt together for a brief meeting that was closed to the press.

The trip marks Madonna's third visit to Buenos Aires, where in 1996 she played Eva Peron, the first lady of Argentina from 1946-52, in the musical film "Evita."

Then-President Carlos Menem permitted her to film one of the movie's most famous scenes on the balcony of the palace, where she sang "Don't Cry for Me Argentina."

NEWS madonna.com

post-5619-1228338015_thumb.jpg

Tonight's Buenos Aires Show Postponed

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2008 - For Immediate Release:

T4F has announced that tonight's engagement of Madonna on December 3 at River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires has been postponed due to unforeseen technical difficulties. However, in order not to disappoint any of her fans, Madonna has moved around her schedule so that all four shows in Buenos Aires will be performed.

The new schedule will be as follows: Madonna will perform at River Plate Stadium on December 4, 5, 7 and 8. Please note that tickets for tonight's performance, December 3, will be honored on Friday, December 5. In addition, please note that tickets for Saturday, December 6 will be honored on Monday, December 8.

With this revised schedule, Madonna is happy to accommodate her many fans. The shows will continue to be filmed for later broadcast. The support and understanding of the many fans of Madonna is most greatly appreciated. She looks forward to performing all four shows on this historic run at the famous River Plate Stadium.

Just to recap:

- Fans holding tickets for Wednesday, December 3 will attend the show on Friday, December 5.

- Fans holding tickets for Thursday, December 4 will attend the show on Thursday, December 4.

- Fans holding tickets for Saturday, December 6 will attend the show on Monday, December 8.

- Fans holding tickets for Sunday, December 7 will attend the show on Sunday, December 7.

Madonna fans wishing to purchase tickets to the rescheduled performances may do so at: http://www.ticketek.com.ar/madonna

NEWS madonna.com

I'm soooooo happy that the Tour is gonna be filmed!!! :ddr: :ddr: :ddr: :hell yea!: :hell yea!: :hell yea!: :hell yea!:

Madonna strikes a pose for Louis Vuitton!

When Marc Jacobs found himself in a meeting on a recent Monday morning to brainstorm about Louis Vuitton’s next fashion advertising campaign, inspiration struck. “I just blurted out, ‘I think we should do Madonna,’” said the designer, Vuitton’s creative director, mentioning he’d attended a concert by the pop icon the night before in Paris. “I was totally just blown away by it, and moved by her performance, by what she had to say, and her energy.”

As the meeting went on, Jacobs tapped out a message to Madonna on his BlackBerry, and within about five minutes came the reply: “I’d love to.”

The result is six atmospheric pictures of a smoldering Madonna by Steven Meisel that will break in a range of fashion magazines in February. “It’s a big change from what we were doing. It tells a story,” said Antoine Arnault, Vuitton’s director of communications. “This I think is an amazing coup, but more than that, there’s real logic behind it. It’s very linked to Marc’s fashion show.”

Although Arnault declined to give figures, he said media budgets for the fashion campaign would be on par with a year ago. And he dismissed as “absurd” reports pegging Madonna’s fees at $10 million. “It’s very far away from that,” he assured.

The campaign marks the end of Vuitton’s six-year collaboration with photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, with the parting characterized as amicable, and another reunion for long-time collaborators Madonna and Meisel. Jacobs last worked with Meisel in his Perry Ellis days. (Arnault noted it’s “very probable” Vuitton’s association with Meisel will continue.)

The campaign takes the very Parisian theme of Jacobs’ hit spring Vuitton collection, with a smoky French bistro the setting, and the sepia-toned images evoking a Brassai atmosphere. “As cliché as they are, I love all these French references,” the designer said. (Although the restaurant, Figaro, is on North Vermont Avenue in Los Angeles).

“I still feel it looks like beautiful, gorgeous Madonna,” Jacobs said about the images. “Excepting the references and excepting the clichés, this still feels very today. And it didn’t feel so much like a fashion shoot, it feels like portraits.”

The shoot wrapped up in less than a day and without incident, although Jacobs said hordes of paparazzi literally “appeared out of the bushes” the moment Madonna arrived. “It went from a quiet street to complete chaos,” he said.

The designer also marveled at the singer’s incredible fitness that allowed her to recline, her back arched, on bentwood chairs, or shoot a leg straight up in the air, no sweat. “She’s so sure of herself as an icon and as a woman. It was her idea to do the fishnets,” Jacobs said. “What fascinates me the most about her is her never-ending energy, and the idea of becoming and changing. She’s an artist who’s unafraid to use her voice.”

Arnault said the fashion campaign would appear “very strongly” in February and March issues and with few changes in media placements. “We’re staying on target,” he stressed.

The first visuals will spotlight slouchy bags in monogram canvas and monogram-embossed leather, along with ethnic-inspired sandals, bangles and sexy ready-to-wear. In tandem, Vuitton will continue to run its “core values” campaign, with spots featuring Sean Connery, the latest celebrity spokesman, continuing into next year. Analysts have estimated Vuitton spends more than $250 million annually on advertising, most of it print-driven.

http://madge-tribe.blogspot.com/

post-5619-0-1445988912-95784_thumb.jpg

post-5619-0-1445988912-96943_thumb.jpg

Madonna strikes a pose for Louis Vuitton!

When Marc Jacobs found himself in a meeting on a recent Monday morning to brainstorm about Louis Vuitton’s next fashion advertising campaign, inspiration struck. “I just blurted out, ‘I think we should do Madonna,’” said the designer, Vuitton’s creative director, mentioning he’d attended a concert by the pop icon the night before in Paris. “I was totally just blown away by it, and moved by her performance, by what she had to say, and her energy.”

As the meeting went on, Jacobs tapped out a message to Madonna on his BlackBerry, and within about five minutes came the reply: “I’d love to.”

The result is six atmospheric pictures of a smoldering Madonna by Steven Meisel that will break in a range of fashion magazines in February. “It’s a big change from what we were doing. It tells a story,” said Antoine Arnault, Vuitton’s director of communications. “This I think is an amazing coup, but more than that, there’s real logic behind it. It’s very linked to Marc’s fashion show.”

Although Arnault declined to give figures, he said media budgets for the fashion campaign would be on par with a year ago. And he dismissed as “absurd” reports pegging Madonna’s fees at $10 million. “It’s very far away from that,” he assured.

The campaign marks the end of Vuitton’s six-year collaboration with photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, with the parting characterized as amicable, and another reunion for long-time collaborators Madonna and Meisel. Jacobs last worked with Meisel in his Perry Ellis days. (Arnault noted it’s “very probable” Vuitton’s association with Meisel will continue.)

The campaign takes the very Parisian theme of Jacobs’ hit spring Vuitton collection, with a smoky French bistro the setting, and the sepia-toned images evoking a Brassai atmosphere. “As cliché as they are, I love all these French references,” the designer said. (Although the restaurant, Figaro, is on North Vermont Avenue in Los Angeles).

“I still feel it looks like beautiful, gorgeous Madonna,” Jacobs said about the images. “Excepting the references and excepting the clichés, this still feels very today. And it didn’t feel so much like a fashion shoot, it feels like portraits.”

The shoot wrapped up in less than a day and without incident, although Jacobs said hordes of paparazzi literally “appeared out of the bushes” the moment Madonna arrived. “It went from a quiet street to complete chaos,” he said.

The designer also marveled at the singer’s incredible fitness that allowed her to recline, her back arched, on bentwood chairs, or shoot a leg straight up in the air, no sweat. “She’s so sure of herself as an icon and as a woman. It was her idea to do the fishnets,” Jacobs said. “What fascinates me the most about her is her never-ending energy, and the idea of becoming and changing. She’s an artist who’s unafraid to use her voice.”

Arnault said the fashion campaign would appear “very strongly” in February and March issues and with few changes in media placements. “We’re staying on target,” he stressed.

The first visuals will spotlight slouchy bags in monogram canvas and monogram-embossed leather, along with ethnic-inspired sandals, bangles and sexy ready-to-wear. In tandem, Vuitton will continue to run its “core values” campaign, with spots featuring Sean Connery, the latest celebrity spokesman, continuing into next year. Analysts have estimated Vuitton spends more than $250 million annually on advertising, most of it print-driven.

http://madge-tribe.blogspot.com/

24zc4uw.jpg

2ex7itl.webp

She looks so great, thanks Wild for these pics :wave: