Bellazon

Violetta Sanchez
Thumbnail

spiral

She is incredible. The best performer here, without doubt. I also love Amalia and Axelle, but Violeta is :heart: Here, another video of the performance in the V&A, with declarations of Olivier, Violeta, Axelle, ...

http://www.vam.ac.uk/channel/happenings/fa...ind_the_scenes/

It's really sad that Violeta isn't recognised in Spain. Although I think that the reason can be that Violetta doesn't live here and never has participated in the "circo" that is the fashion and magazines here, a similar case to Marina Pérez. This month, there is an editorial in Marie Claire Spain that pay tribute to the Helmut Newton aesthetic, because of the exhibition in the Grand Palais, and it's reinterpreted in a very banal way, and they didn't have colaborated with Violeta and Esther Cañadas :evil: The only ones that have worked with Helmut.

It's a shame the supine ignorance of fashion editors & writers in Spain. Instead of making a good & documented cahier for to sell their undercover infomercials, just do foolishnesses for the Girly faction of the market & Claras-Courel-of-life. Voguetterío of cut-and-paste.

Violetta est ‘simplement’ Haute Culture, in my opinion. She´s so exquisite... Bee's Knees... in the Spanish press seems to have forgotten that quality. Vanessa Lorenzo also should be included in a review of Newton.

I will watch the video. Thanks kali :wave:

Prejean, yo no había visto esa foto nunca, así que... :wave:

The fashion, magazines and "fashion establishment" in Spain are dead, from mainstream to "underground". Yes, Vanessa also worked with Helmut, I didn't remember. In some sites, I saw that Minerva Portillo had been working with Helmut and I'm not sure, but I think that this person said that was confused with the collaboration between Ellen von Unwerth and Minerva. And Eugenia Silva said once that Helmut wants to work with her but she denied because of the session was to be really provocative. Pa matarla! :whistle:

Retourning to Violetta :heart:

YSL (1981): By Helmut Newton.

post-58320-1335096217_thumb.jpg

post-58320-1335096348_thumb.jpg

post-58320-1335096362_thumb.jpg

post-58320-1335096385_thumb.jpg

post-58320-1335096401_thumb.jpg

post-58320-1335096422_thumb.jpg

I think that Minerva didn´t work with Newton -with Unwerth and T. Richardson is público & notorio, Revenge, Kibosh-. Although the play didn´t turn out well, no one can reproach to risk. And Eugenia, in short, I almost would have silenced the matter. I suppose a model that is the image of Bergdorf Goodman, Carrera & Carrera, Escada, Armani, Tiffany & Co. or Oscar de la Renta is afraid of compromising the status of clean girl & for all audiences. I imagine that this meeting took place around 1998, at the peak of her career.

I've loved the images of the YSL campaign :heart: , many thanks kali!

As a curiosity, Violetta with the German designer Wolfgang Joop (JOOP!) in the film Tränen in Florenz (1984/85) (Tears in Florence).

Kisses! :wave:

post-57741-1335099824_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1335099837_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1335099848_thumb.jpg

I suppose that film with Joop must be impossible to catch nowadays, but I´d love to see it. If Violetta is a continous metamorphosis in photo, as an actress must be la BOMBA. Although her collaborations with Saillard are really theatrical and I saw that she intervenes in a theatrical piece of Guy de Cointet. She acted in Reina Sofia.

The Eugenia´s case was by that reason you mentionated, totally. But a good model must be free to interpretate in a good way, and in this moment she didn't have a public image, although she did the best works in her career. It's really boring the wish of Eugenia to become a "celebrity" in Spain and all over the world posting every day her "modelitos" in her blog, TV apparences, partying, ... But modeling here is in that way...

Violetta by Tony Viramontes :heart: on the cover of Arcadia, Duran Duran.

With her friend Laurent Mercier, by Martin Parr.

Off topic: I'm going to post this photo of Thierry Mugler. Prejean, ¿sabes si hay más fotos de esa sesión de Goude con Violeta en solitario o acompañada de Thierry? Además de la otra que mencionaste.

Por cierto, ya que he visto que has mencionado a Editha Dussler en el hilo de Inés. ¿Meisel contó con Editha en el edito con Marisa Berenson y Liliana Domínguez? Besos :wave:

post-58320-1335177423_thumb.jpg

post-58320-1335177464_thumb.jpg

post-58320-1335177551_thumb.jpg

post-58320-1335178124_thumb.jpg

I suppose that film with Joop must be impossible to catch nowadays, but I´d love to see it. If Violetta is a continous metamorphosis in photo, as an actress must be la BOMBA. Although her collaborations with Saillard are really theatrical and I saw that she intervenes in a theatrical piece of Guy de Cointet. She acted in Reina Sofia.

The Eugenia´s case was by that reason you mentionated, totally. But a good model must be free to interpretate in a good way, and in this moment she didn't have a public image, although she did the best works in her career. It's really boring the wish of Eugenia to become a "celebrity" in Spain and all over the world posting every day her "modelitos" in her blog, TV apparences, partying, ... But modeling here is in that way...

Violetta by Tony Viramontes :heart: on the cover of Arcadia, Duran Duran.

With her friend Laurent Mercier, by Martin Parr.

Off topic: I'm going to post this photo of Thierry Mugler. Prejean, ¿sabes si hay más fotos de esa sesión de Goude con Violeta en solitario o acompañada de Thierry? Además de la otra que mencionaste.

Por cierto, ya que he visto que has mencionado a Editha Dussler en el hilo de Inés. ¿Meisel contó con Editha en el edito con Marisa Berenson y Liliana Domínguez? Besos :wave:

It´s assumed that the film (Träen in Florenz) is a self-conscious parody (self-consciously kitsch) of cheap romance novels, Harlequin Ibérica type, para entendernos. The argument can not be more Almodóvar: Joop, who plays a German fashion designer, accidentally runs over Violetta, an Italian countess, on the French Riviera. As a result, she ends up in the hospital and required plastic surgery. These two just madly in love, but find a stumbling block in their relationship, and is, apparently, are half-brothers, as you will discover later. La crítica no la puso muy fina.

Reference to Visconti seems clear, and then for the Fassbinder movie-theater. Apparently, an exploit of this type of cinematography isn´t very well resolved, but curious.

Get it must be quite difficult, perhaps in P2P networks, ebay.de... pero está cruda la cosa.

Goude's session just know two photos (already mentioned), but I bet there are more, sure. I hope someday emerg... To my knowledge, been published in Vogue Paris, 1998. Maybe you can find something in the book that has recently edited by the Musée des Arts Décoratifs on his retrospective, Goudemalion (40 € de ná).

Respecto al editorial de Vogue Italia (septiembre 2001), creo que SÍ se trata de Editha. Meisel contó con muchas modelos icónicas como Donna Mitchell, Wallis Franken (1991), Birgitta af Klercker (1999), Zuleika Elly Ponsen (1992)... el perfil centroeuropeo de la Dussler se ajusta bastante a esta imagen (abajo).

Besos kali :wave:

post-57741-1335188836_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1335188847_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1335188859_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1335188878_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1335188911_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1335188921_thumb.jpg

You´re welcome, Fender :wave: Prejean, when I saw these images I thought in Fassbinder, by the photography of the film in certain sense... Violetta is a bit Margit Carstensen in some moments. Well, she is all the women that she wants with this ablity to transform. :heart: Gracias por lo de Editha (que no estaba seguro) y lo del libro de Goude, ya lo miraré :wave:

Violetta in Thierry Mugler Couture spring/summer 1997 (one of my favourite Thierry's shows). Her appearances are in 6:16, 27:13, 32:22 and at the end of the show with Thierry. Besos a todos! :wave:

post-58320-1335800733_thumb.jpg

post-58320-1335800740_thumb.jpg

post-58320-1335800749_thumb.jpg

post-58320-1335801975_thumb.jpg

fender: You're welcome, darling!

kali: Lo de Editha, honestamente, si tú no lo hubieras mencionado, no hubiese caído en la cuenta ni en cien años. Lo de Goude, la verdad, no es seguro, igual encuentras la foto en el libro que Assouline hizo de Mugler (el de post-57741-0-1446086623-3508_thumb.jpg), a veces estos libros son fáciles de encontrar incluso en las bibliotecas públicas o en algún centro de documentación textil, préstamos consorciados. Y Carstensen, qué decir, muy de culto.

Mugler's collection is an absolute marvel, today would be a dream to see a fashion show with a zillion passes (of Haute Couture!) in 98% of cases impeccable. What casting & staging! Violetta seems the actualization of Maleficent :wub: of Sleeping Beauty at minute 27:13.

Bsos!

- Gianfranco Ferré ready-to-wear FW´88/89. L´Officiel. Violetta (and Clarissa Burt).

post-57741-1335806343_thumb.jpg