European Union

Qball

33 members have voted

1. 1. European Union?

• yay
    • nay
    • politics is gross (PC)

I say that politics is g**.

I'm not against EU, but I have to admit that I don't like the fact that German and French politicians are so narrow-minded and think only about their countries. EU was meant to become a unity of nations of some kind, but in fact it seems to be governed by the governments of those countries.

Edited by Qball

oh and BTW i say yay to the European union, but i don't think it was a gd idea to have 25 countries in it... I have nothing against the last countries that joined (including yours) but now it won't be possible to take any decisions... it just shows these days with Poland not willing to lower construction stuff taxes to 5.5% (i'm sorry but i lack vocabulary to explain that)

what type of European Union is being advocated?

i favour a free-trade Europe but not a federal Europe. i would kinda like an "EU lite" :laugh:

it is impossible to say "yay" or "nay" to the EU unless you are a Euroskeptic or a rabid Europhile . . . it is impossible for me to vote.

and can we please change the last voting option ;)

what type of European Union is being advocated?

i favour a free-trade Europe but not a federal Europe. i would kinda like an "EU lite" :laugh:

it is impossible to say "yay" or "nay" to the EU unless you are a Euroskeptic or a rabid Europhile . . . it is impossible for me to vote.

and can we please change the last voting option ;)

yay for your last sentence :p

But otherwise ---> you suck ! we all know what you think deep inside, you're british :laugh:

I say that politics is gay.

I'm not against EU, but I have to admit that I don't like the fact that German and French politicians are so narrow-minded and think only about their countries. EU was meant to become a unity of nations of some kind, but in fact it seems to be governed by the governments of those countries.

Politics is gay..I can't stand it. :pinch:

:clap:

Yeah for Europe as long as France is still a leading country :laugh: i'm kidding... not :ninja:

:laugh:

the problem for the EU at the moment is that it is totally skewed to favour France and Germany and that the countries in it are far too diverse and have real differing views on it and its future :idk: :ninja:

Yeah for Europe as long as France is still a leading country :laugh: i'm kidding... not :ninja:

the problem for the EU at the moment is that it is totally skewed to favour France and Germany and that the countries in it are far too diverse and have real differing views on it and its future :idk: :ninja:

agreed... but on the other hand France has always been one of the leading countries (and was even part of its creation) so i think it's only fair that we have some advantages... I mean nobody helps others "for free" nowadays (i know i might sound horrible for some ppl but that's how it works :ninja: lol )

Bout the different views and do think that the ten more countries are a mistake... I mean we should have created some partnership with them but not include them in the EU, which is now impossible to run <_<

I don't even talk bout the countries that were already annoying when thre was "only" 15 countries in the union... *cough*UK*cough* :laugh:

agreed... but on the other hand France has always been one of the leading countries (and was even part of its creation) so i think it's only fair that we have some advantages... I mean nobody helps others "for free" nowadays (i know i might sound horrible for some ppl but that's how it works :ninja: lol )

Bout the different views and do think that the ten more countries are a mistake... I mean we should have created some partnership with them but not include them in the EU, which is now impossible to run <_<

I don't even talk bout the countries that were already annoying when thre was "only" 15 countries in the union... *cough*UK*cough* :laugh:

i don't think that countries should have certain benefits just because they've been in it all the time . . . a country's vote should be done by population i think.

the problem is not so much the number but the fact that the countries all have different motives for joining. UK and others mainly for trade, France and Germany for a federal Europe :whistle: whereas when there were ten countries, if a policy didn't fit one country a deal could be done with that one country to resolve the matter. now there are several countries who object and all of a sudden it becomes so much more complicated since they disagree for different reasons and want different guarantees . . .

the only way it can work is if it is reformed and is chopped up into an "EU lite" for countries who want free trade and some other minor treaties and a "fast track EU" for countries that want to build a federal Europe . . . at the moment countries all have totally different views on the end goals of the EU so it doesn't function as it should . . .

i don't think that countries should have certain benefits just because they've been in it all the time . . . a country's vote should be done by population i think.

the problem is not so much the number but the fact that the countries all have different motives for joining. UK and others mainly for trade, France and Germany for a federal Europe :whistle: whereas when there were ten countries, if a policy didn't fit one country a deal could be done with that one country to resolve the matter. now there are several countries who object and all of a sudden it becomes so much more complicated since they disagree for different reasons and want different guarantees . . .

the only way it can work is if it is reformed and is chopped up into an "EU lite" for countries who want free trade and some other minor treaties and a "fast track EU" for countries that want to build a federal Europe . . . at the moment countries all have totally different views on the end goals of the EU so it doesn't function as it should . . .

a country's vote done by population ? i think germany and france have the biggest populations no ? so it wouldn't change things a lot lol. But then i'd be against the entry of Turkey, whereas i wouldn't mind them entering the union with the current system (when everything about their politics is clear, that is )

a country's vote done by population ? i think germany and france have the biggest populations no ? so it wouldn't change things a lot lol. But then i'd be against the entry of Turkey, whereas i wouldn't mind them entering the union with the current system (when everything about their politics is clear, that is )

Britain has about the same population as France :ninja:

at the moment though Malta has the same number of votes as Wales which is ridiculous <_<

i think that countries need to clarify what they want from the EU though and that the EU needs to become more representative and transparent. :yes:

at the moment though Malta has the same number of votes as Wales which is ridiculous <_<

i think that countries need to clarify what they want from the EU though and that the EU needs to become more representative and transparent. :yes:

representative and transparent ? don't be naive Barry, we're talking bout politics :laugh:

representative and transparent ? don't be naive Barry, we're talking bout politics :laugh:

at the moment though, no EU officials are really accountable and loads of many goes in and just seems to disappear. the EU parliament needs to become more accessible and open to the public . . . :idk:

its current format sucks . . . <_<