Bellazon

What does your culture or country define as being beautiful?

adriana_isabeli

Ok so many different countries have different ideas on what makes a woman beautiful..

Like somebody on here said that Asian people like the cute/pretty look and usually they like people with big eyes/small noses/small mouths and thin girls.In Africa they like big curvy women.

I don't mean to be superficial I just think it is interesting to know what different people think...

And I know it doesn't mean every person in that nation thinks the same of course people have different opinions but what does the majority of people think....

I'm mixed so i'll talk about each of my sides separately.

My mother's side is Portuguese and we like dark hair, tanned skin(my cousins were crazzy about tans) any colored eyes and typical iberian features. This isn't true for everyone because you have many people who like blonds or redheads etc.

post-414-1138899657_thumb.jpg

My dad's side is Punjabi, East Indian and there are various different types of people in India and their ideal beauties differ.

Punjabi people are big on fair skin, big dark eyes or hazel eyes, black hair, long straight noses and being tall and 'slim'.

Hotlinking is not allowed. - edited by impel69

Since the US is made up of many different cultures, there is a wide variety of tastes. Super-thin like Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan are favorable in Hollywood. Ethnic groups like African Americans and Latin Americans prefer curvier women like Beyonce or Salma Hayek. I prefer healthy, curvy but with slight muscle tone like Heidi, Karolina K, and Doutzen.

post-398-1138896339_thumb.jpg

post-398-1138896389_thumb.jpg

My mother's side is Portuguese and we like dark hair, tanned skin(my cousins were crazzy about tans) any colored eyes and typical iberian features. This isn't true for everyone because you have many people who like blonds or redheads etc.

My dad's side is Punjabi, East Indian and there are various different types of people in India and their ideal beauties differ.

Punjabi people are big on fair skin, big dark eyes or hazel eyes, black hair, long straight noses and being tall and 'slim'.

Hi Amber, I'm also of Punjabi origin (Sikh) and you seem spot on with the general views on what we find attractive. There is a big stigma on girls and also lads being fair which is a shame. Although I am quite fair, and indian people tend to think I'm western so it can work both ways! Not too sure on the tall and slim, granted its good, curves are also good. I do find I am attracted to women of the traits you mention, and that extends to Iberian and South American ladies, on a recent visit to Barcelona I came across some real stunners!

Seems like you have the perfect mix of genes! :wub: (Who's the photo of?)

Hi Amber, I'm also of Punjabi origin (Sikh) and you seem spot on with the general views on what we find attractive. There is a big stigma on girls and also lads being fair which is a shame. Although I am quite fair, and indian people tend to think I'm western so it can work both ways! Not too sure on the tall and slim, granted its good, curves are also good. I do find I am attracted to women of the traits you mention, and that extends to Iberian and South American ladies, on a recent visit to Barcelona I came across some real stunners!

Seems like you have the perfect mix of genes! :wub: (Who's the photo of?)

aww thanks :blush: That's Catarina Furtado, a famous Portuguese celebrity.

I got some help from matrimonial sites ;)

I think beautiful women come in all shapes, sizes and colors. However, I have a thing for women who are very well proportioned, like Tyra Banks and Laetatia Casta. Obviously some of the most beautiful women in the world are bi-racial or multi-racial, such as Halle Berry, Mariah Carey, Jessica Alba, and Adriana Lima. The multi-racial thing is probably one reason why I have a thing for Brazilian chicks.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok so many different countries have different ideas on what makes a woman beautiful..

Like somebody on here said that Asian people like the cute/pretty look and usually they like people with big eyes/small noses/small mouths and thin girls.In Africa they like big curvy women.

I don't mean to be superficial I just think it is interesting to know what different people think...

And I know it doesn't mean every person in that nation thinks the same of course people have different opinions but what does the majority of people think....

Well..Thailand:Pale & nice skin,very skinny,shiny straight hair,natural looking,cute

Ireland: Tanned,average size I guess, sexy.. more into sexy than cute maybe :confused: :huh:

Obviously some of the most beautiful women in the world are bi-racial or multi-racial, such as Halle Berry, Mariah Carey, Jessica Alba, and Adriana Lima. The multi-racial thing is probably one reason why I have a thing for Brazilian chicks.

I agree with this however, a point to speculate on. Now we know Brazil is a very mixed country, however most of the famous Brazilian supermodels are NOT multi-RACIAL. Gisele- ethnically German, Alessandra- ethnically Italian/Polish, Ana BB- Portuguese/Spanish, Isabeli Fontana- Italian, Izabel- Italian..the only one that is multi racial is Adriana Lima. Any thoughts?

Also, my idea of beautiful- probably Angelina Jolie, her face, attitude, curvy body. This pic of Ana looks like a young Angelina. Actually my idea of a model with a perfect face (and the only one i cud say I'm crazy about is Ana BB, well and Izabel :blush: )

post-3240-1140717987_thumb.jpg

I'm half Chinese, a quarter English and a quarter Welsh.

In China I believe they prefer very slim, young-looking women with pale skin and a Eurasian look so that they have a mixture of white and Asian features.

I don't know what the Welsh like, but in England the majority seem to like the extremely skinny (to the point of looking boyish) look, bright orange fake tan, huge breasts (at least DD), bleach blonde hair and fake square nails. Many people refer to this look as "goddess-like". :yuckky:

TantrumXSpeed - You're right that they are not really mixed; most of the ethnicities listed in your post can be put under "caucasian".

In the US, I also think the idea of what's beautiful varies from East coast to West coast. I'm a New Yorker and I think people here tend to prefer brunettes, well dressed, and "posh"- a more "model"like look I guess. Ive been to California where people tend to define their liking as the sun-kissed blonde hair girls, athletic, and laid back.

Me, personally, I think my idea of the "beautiful" category is a million times more picky than anyone I know. The only girls I can call absolutely "beautiful" are Angelina Jolie, Ana Beatriz Barros, and Christy Turlington (whom I've had the pleasure of conversing on several occasions) They have a kind of rare beauty that is worthy of being captured on a canvas. It's a kinda of an aesthical beauty that can't be described...only carefully gazed upon with complete awe.

There are plenty of models out there who are sexy, pretty, attractive etc. but to me they are just B-O-R-I-N-G, none of which really "captures" me- besides Ana Beatriz. Also, intelligence and personality has a way of adding to or taking away from a person's good looks. Looks can only take you so far. One of my ex-gfs once asked me, "Babe, do you ever get tempted by those other girls after you?" To which I replied, "Tempted physically yes, but it's hard to be really attracted to people you can't carry a decent conversation with, SERIOUSLY." It also helps that she's smart and looks like a green eyed version of Supermodel Molly Sims!(from TV show Las Vegas) :p

Below: Ana Beatriz Barros from VS show- Why the HECK do they not make her an Angel??

post-3240-1140744556_thumb.jpg

Edited by TantrumXSpeed

My ancestry is 3/4 German and 1/4 Czech. Guess who I like: Heidi Klum and Daniela Pestova. :hehe:

In Colorado, what's in is healthily thin- girls who stay fit by running, hiking, skiing, etc. - not so thin the wind blows you over, but thin enough you can see the muscle tone. And you have to have a tan. If you can't get a tan with 300 days of sunshine a year, it's assumed there's something wrong with you.

Obviously some of the most beautiful women in the world are bi-racial or multi-racial, such as Halle Berry, Mariah Carey, Jessica Alba, and Adriana Lima. The multi-racial thing is probably one reason why I have a thing for Brazilian chicks.

I agree with this however, a point to speculate on. Now we know Brazil is a very mixed country, however most of the famous Brazilian supermodels are NOT multi-RACIAL. Gisele- ethnically German, Alessandra- ethnically Italian/Polish, Ana BB- Portuguese/Spanish, Isabeli Fontana- Italian, Izabel- Italian..the only one that is multi racial is Adriana Lima. Any thoughts?

Yea, Tantrum, you're right about that. However, I don't base why I have a thing for Brazilian chicks solely on the World famous models you listed up above. I frequent many Brazilian websites that feature beauiful multi-RACIAL WOMEN!!! :yes: http://www.virgula.com.br/virgulagirl/ and http://paparazzo.globo.com/PPZ/0,,PQ0-4125,00.html are probably the best websites for that. http://www.terra.com.br/capa/ and it's subforum http://www.terra.com.br/istoegente/ also do a good job on it, even though to a lesser extent than the other two websites. Their are other Brazilian websites I can list, but I don't wanna be up all night.

P.S. My favorite brazilian of the moment is named Sabrina Sato, who is of Japanese, Swiss, and Lebanese descent. Another famous brazilian model, Caroline Ribeiro, is of Black, Portugese, and Indian descent.

Edited by k_dub

Being part "caucasian", having some Irish in me.. I have no idea what their ideal is ..

I'm a lot more connected to my latin roots, curvy is in and sick-thin is out. It's all about thick legs, thick thighs and a good booty. Breast aren't necessarily a priority.. a good example of what is considered good-looking in latin cultures are people like Shakira, Jennifer Lopez.. and one of my FAVs Barbara Mori.

• 17 years later...