Eddie Redmayne
Thumbnail

Minerva13

post-31427-0-1445986899-21281_thumb.jpg

Eddie Redmayne

Date of Birth:6 January,1982

Place of Birth: London,England

Height: 1.80 cm

Edward John David ''Eddie'' Redmayne is an English actor.

Redmayne won the 2010 Tony Award sa best featured actor in a play for his performance in Red.

Filmography-

Like Minds (2006)

Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007)

The Othep Boley Girl (2008)

Powder Blue (2008)

The Pilars of the Earth (2010)

Black Death (2010)....

more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Redmayne

post-31427-1319418182_thumb.jpg

post-31427-1319418191_thumb.jpg

post-31427-1319418197_thumb.jpg

post-31427-1319418208_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

:heart: :heart::heart: Eddie!

Soon to be seen in Les Miserables, the musical movie.

Source: http://malecelebbio.com

post-20251-0-75460200-1356199439_thumb.jpost-20251-0-69502200-1356199470_thumb.jpost-20251-0-39273200-1356199484_thumb.j

Many more pics at http://malecelebbio....eddie-redmayne/

An exceptionally talented actor but still astoundingly handsome, Redmayne won the 2010 Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role and the 2010 Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Play for his performance in the West End and Broadway production of the drama play “Red.” He also received the 2011 Critics’ Circle Theatre Award for Best Shakespearean Performance for his portrayal of Richard II at London’s Donmar Warehouse.

But this is also the young man who was so unconvinced he would make it as an actor that he seriously considered other career options after graduating, including art history and banking (his father and one of his three brothers are in finance; nobody else in his family is in the arts).

Ever since his successes in theatre, Redmayne has personified the old adage that luck is merely what happens when hard work meets opportunity. As his CV has swelled, so too has his dedication; the more professional triumphs that have come his way, the more he has put his head down and worked harder.

Redmayne’s film credits include “The Good Shepherd,” “Powder Blue,” “The Other Boleyn Girl,” “Hick” and “Glorious 39.” He also played a gay character in the 2008 film “Savage Grace,” which was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for Best Screenplay.

In 2012, Redmayne co-starred in the drama film, “My Week with Marilyn” and also on the same year, took on the role of Marius for the musical film of “Les Misérables.”

The Talk of the Town

By Brooks Barnes

post-20251-0-1445986911-10767_thumb.jpg

THERE were bigger movie stars milling around the Sunset Tower here last weekend, but this nightwas all about Eddie. He was tucked in a dimly lighted corner of the hotel’s plush restaurant, but hiding is impossible in Hollywood when you’ve got heat. And so Eddie Redmayne, who plays Marius in the film adaptation of “Les Misérables” and has modeled for Burberry, was politely interrupted by one power player after another.

The “Guilt Trip” producer John Goldwyn (grandson of the G in MGM) dropped by the table, for instance, to tease Mr. Redmayne about being a boldface name on a party invitation he had just received. “I circled it,” Mr. Goldwyn said, “and in fact I think I may have drawn a heart next to it.”

Ah, yes. Moviedom has a new crush.

“Les Misérables,” starring Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway, doesn’t arrive in theaters until Christmas Day. But Universal Pictures has been holding a blitz of buzz-building screenings across the country, and the resulting chatter — particularly among Oscar pundits — has invariably included some version of this: “Hugh and Annie are great and everything, but, wow, that freckle-faced guy who plays Marius really jumps off the screen.” With that, an awards and publicity conveyor belt roared to life under Mr. Redmayne’s feet, throwing him a bit off balance.

Universal started taking out “for your consideration” ads for Mr. Redmayne, who will turn 31 next month. Universal’s awards strategists and publicists have also been flying him around the country (and globe) — Los Angeles to San Francisco, Chicago, New York, London, Los Angeles, New York and back to Los Angeles within a 17-day span — to walk the red carpet and speak at Q. and A. sessions for awards voters.

“What was it like to ride on Hugh Jackman’s bicep through that sewer scene?” one person wanted to know. (Answer: “My girlfriend, Hannah, asked me the same thing.”) An audience member at a different session asked, “Can you sum up ‘Les Misérables’ in a haiku?” (Answer: “Points for creativity, but you realize it’s based on a 1,900-page novel, right?”)

Taking a big sip of a Belvedere and tonic. He paused to stare at the food in front of him. “Look at this. I have ordered tuna tartare and chicken soup. The waiter must think I’m some kind of fruit loop.”

Mr. Redmayne won a Tony in 2010 for best featured actor in a play (“Red”) and was seen skinny- dipping with Michelle Williams last Oscar season in “My Week With Marilyn.” But this Cambridge-educated actor is getting his first taste of real stardom and all of the perks and hassles that come along with it. That conveyor belt moves fast, and Mr. Redmayne, with his mix of innocence and ambition, by his own admission is running on it with Bambi legs.

On the one hand, he’s getting big-time star treatment. For the photo shoot for this article, the “Les Misérables” machine hired a groomer to make sure his hair was messy in just the right way. The Sunset Tower upgraded him to a two-floor suite, replete with a fireplace and private veranda. “I came into that room and my knees buckled,” he said. (On a previous stay, he immediately fired up Skype on his laptop to show his sumptuous digs to his girlfriend back in London.) Scripts are pouring in; his name has been floated for roles in some of the biggest movies on the horizon, including the sequel to this year’s “The Amazing Spider-Man” and Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy.”

“Les Misérables” hasn’t opened — it will almost definitely be seen by more people than all of his previous movies combined — and already British tabloid reporters are picking over his personal habits. The world now knows that he is colorblind, prefers shower gel to soap, suffers from razor burn and wears Tom Ford Black Orchid cologne. He enjoys “tickling the ivories” on his baby grand piano in the “dead of night” when he has insomnia, according to a news source called Comtex. (“Relevant, Reliable, Real-Time.”)

On the other hand, Mr. Redmayne has not yet calcified into a celebrity. Oh, he can read an audience with the best of them. When he sat down in that cozy corner table at the Sunset Tower, he turned to me and joked, “Are we going to play footsie?” (My glasses fogged up.) But he retains a wide-eyed, pinch-me-is-this-real demeanor. He does not employ an assistant. He wanted to pay the check at dinner. The days he spent working at a pub “pulling pints” after college are still fresh in his mind.

Forget trying to get him talking about little gold men: Mr. Redmayne truly seems skeptical that the masses will buy tickets to see “Les Misérables,” which has been seen on stage by an estimated 60 million people in 43 countries. “You really think so?” he asked Mr. Goldwyn, who reassured him that it was going to be a blockbuster. “I’m a pessimist in life, or maybe a self-protectionist,” Mr. Redmayne explained later. “At each point of my career, I think: ‘It will never happen. It will never happen.’ I’ve been scarred by getting my hopes up for things as an actor.”

It’s probably a smart strategy when it comes to his Oscar buzz. A nomination is a long shot, in part because supporting actor is an especially crowded field this year. But Mr. Redmayne has the element of discovery going for him.

The awards process has become so prepackaged — strategists, studios and pundits basically decide over the summer who everyone will be cooing about come Oscar season — that voters get excited when someone comes along unexpectedly and delivers a great performance. It reminds them of why they came to Hollywood in the first place.

Mr. Redmayne won Marius, the musical’s romantic lead, by using his iPhone to make a video of himself singing the character’s big solo, “Empty Chairs at Empty Tables.” Via his talent agency (and without his knowledge), the rough video made its way to “Les Misérables” producers and Tom Hooper, the movie’s director. Mr. Hooper had worked with Mr. Redmayne before on “Elizabeth I,” a 2005 mini-series starring Helen Mirren, and — because of that experience — wasn’t entirely convinced.

And Mr. Redmayne couldn’t blame him. When auditioning for “Elizabeth I,” he was asked by Mr. Hooper if he could ride a horse. He lied and said yes. “Two weeks later, I’m in Lithuania in spurs atop this massive black stallion,” Mr. Redmayne said. “I’m meant to lead a charge. There are rain machines and Helen Mirren is standing there. Tom yelled ‘Action!’ Let’s just say it didn’t go very well.”

• 3 weeks later...