Bellazon

Tori Praver
Thumbnail

Lea

This is old but I just came across it while searching for something else. It's a short interview with Golf Magazine in late 2006 entitled "How to Marry a Bikini Model". Tori's answers are hilarious.

By Lisa Taddeo

Associate Editor, GOLF Magazine

Published: December 01, 2006

HOW TO MARRY A BIKINI MODEL

Before Elin was Tiger's wife, the ex-nanny was a bikini model. We asked Victoria's Secret's Tori Praver for tips on landing a bombshell.

Approaching a model would be the scariest part, so rate these pickup lines on a scale of 1-10, from cheesy to charming. "Are you from Tennessee, because you're the only 10 I see." Oh, man. That's a 1.

"Your hair and my pillow are perfectly color coordinated." [Laughs.] I'll give it a 2.

"Is your father a mechanic, because you've got one finely tuned body?" Minus-12! Here's one I just heard: "Your legs must be tired because you've been running through my mind all night." Cheesy lines do not work. They're fake. Girls want a guy who's real and genuine. When approaching a beautiful woman, a simple, confident "Hi" is fine.

That's all it takes? It helps to set yourself apart. Models are used to hearing, "You're so beautiful." So be creative. Say, if you're in a bar and you see a gorgeous girl, you could write out tic-tactoe lines on a napkin, write an "X" and "It's your move," and have a waitress send it over. That would get a girl's attention because it's playful and unusual.

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/articl...78393-4,00.html

Fascinating reading, Lancelot! I have superstitions but I won't share them. :laugh: Anyway, it made for very interesting reading. And, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU, TOO!

I will post some pics. Some have watermarks that I can't do anything about and others don't. See what you think. Again, I think it's so refreshing to see Tori is a "color"......not black. She's just amazing and I'm not gonna' say that again ('til later :laugh: )

The suit she is wearing in the shot you refer to, Lancelot, (posted by Pink) is by Tori Praver Swimwear. :hell yea!:

Also, I watched the SI show ON DEMAND - AMAZON and they spent a huge amount of time on Brooklyn, especially, and then Bar and Irina. Tori got her share and she was great, really and truly.

Don't forget EXTRA tonight. Hope we get caps from someone. :yes: I saw clips and it will be great!

Thanks, SnL, for all of your hard work! :)

No wonder you fell asleep while posting pics of Tori. :p

I agree with you: Tori looks amazing in all colors, especially the blue dress that seems to have been fitted like a second skin for her. Probably 1% of 1% of women worldwide could wear that "Devil with a Blue Dress" blue dress as perfectly as Tori. :drool:

I hadn't checked the site in a bit, and I came back to find new pics of Tori in new settings, new outfits and with new visitors to her pages. Wow! Holy sensory overload, Batman! :blink:

It was also interesting to see Hilary Rhoda and Tori almost side-by-side. I do love Hil as a model in her print and TV ads and in her editorials, but of course, I do not love her as much as Tori. :heart:

They are a similar build: athletic, long and lean, but Tori's arms and legs look stronger, and she would whup Hil. :ninja:

Have a great end of the week, SnL, Tori's fans and Tori/Danny! :wave:

HQ's

At Billabong launch party benifitting the Surf Aid Foundation - Sydney, Australia. With her is Mark "Occy" Occhilupo who just retired from surfing.

Thanks, SnL, for such warm pics. Tori looks so warm!

Her skin is glowing as usual and she looks so strong. :drool:

With wind chill, it's below zero here the last I checked. These pics really helped raise the temp.

I wish I were a retiring surfer! :blush:

Thanks, Joe>Average,

for putting up the SI vid. :drool:

I sure wouldn't want to get up at 0500 and lie on sharp rocks. But Tori looks cute and comfy, just as a professional super model should. I bet, like some Indians from India, Tori could sleep on a bed of nails or walk on hot coals and still look like the super star she is! :laugh:

BTW, I LOVE your signature. I was thinking how beautiful each girl was in her own right; then, I realized your choices were especially diverse. :heart: I have been through Bellazon and while there are some darker girls on a few pages, it may have to do with what marketers, modeling/casting agents attribute to audience appeal (ie the cosmetics market, movie market, etc bring in more money from the majority than various minorities). But we know beauty is beauty. . .objectively (ie regardless of ethnic group). :whistle:

Seeing your sig was coincidental to my seeing a pic (as I logged into Yahoo! then here) of Tiger Woods on his comeback, a guy of many ethnic backgrounds and handsome himself, not to mention, Elin, his beautiful Swedish wife and beautiful babies. :)

It reminded me we have come a long way from To Kill a Mockingbird which I saw last night (1962) and even Sounder (1972) both set in the Depression when whites could not talk to blacks let alone sip mint juleps on the po'ch togethah. That and such older cases as Emmet Till who was lynched for saying hey to a white woman and Medgar Evers (Ghosts of Mississippi 1996 w. Whoopi Goldberg, Alec Baldwin), perhaps the first civil rights leader, who was murdered by a white supremacist also found not guilty by an all-white male jury for 30+ years remind us not long ago and even now some people frown on such inter-ethnic/racial fraternizin' of any type.

Don't stereotype the South, either. Being from the North, I hear all the stereotypes we pin on Southern folks. People say we Northerners are just quieter about it. Here in Boston, there are plenty of blatant biases vs. blacks and other minorities in this "highly educated town." Black Celtics players are routinely pulled over in the fancy suburbs in which they live. A few years ago in Boston, a man shoots his wife and baby and blames a black man. They found him fast and then looked stupid when the truth came out. It's easy to blame blacks because TV news and sensationalist reality shows like Cops show blacks as the villains. Stats of blacks murdering and being murdered don't help.

Clint Eastwood has always done a great job with race and gender issues, including his recent Gran Torino. I picked quite a few colorful slurs myself thanks to Clint ;)

If our handsome President can call himself a mutt and studies project what we humans, "as mix-breeds," will look like in future, we will have some more lookers fo' sho' of all types of visages and features. :kiss:

Don't worry, Black History Month is giving way to Women's History month a few days. To that end: here's some lighter trivia: Which designer removed whale bone corsets and created unrestricted garments for women? Which famous "aviatrix" used smelling salts to keep herself awake on a solo transatlantic flight?

Hope Friday comes quickly for you, Joe>Average, and goes quickly and thanks again! :wave:

:hug: Thanx so much for the video, Joe! Great to have it here in her forum. You are a doll for posting it!

Lancelot, thanx for all your colorful comment. You really do have an ability to draw the reader in. Appreciate it every time!

Tori's website is up and running! :clap: :clap: There are some pictures there that we haven't seen but I do not think it is right for us to post them here. IMHO, they are the property of Tori and her website so they should stay there. So, I won't post any of them ever. That's my opinion :blush:

I do have more pictures of Tori to post and will do that later tonight or tomorrow..whenever I get the time. I'm scooting out for a dinner and movie now so it'll be later but they are yummers!

Thanx again, everyone :heart: :heart:

:hug: Thanx so much for the video, Joe! Great to have it here in her forum. You are a doll for posting it!

Lancelot, thanx for all your colorful comment. You really do have an ability to draw the reader in. Appreciate it every time!

Tori's website is up and running! :clap: :clap: There are some pictures there that we haven't seen but I do not think it is right for us to post them here. IMHO, they are the property of Tori and her website so they should stay there. So, I won't post any of them ever. That's my opinion :blush:

I do have more pictures of Tori to post and will do that later tonight or tomorrow..whenever I get the time. I'm scooting out for a dinner and movie now so it'll be later but they are yummers!

Thanx again, everyone :heart: :heart:

Thanks, SnL, for the nooz about Tori's site. :wub:

Hope you have a great dinner and movie. :) You seeing an Oscar-related film?

My babble is babble for babble's sake. :whistle:

Yours and Joe>Average's pics and videos are more than a thousand of my babbly words! :p

IFL44ZY744_n1204292430_30357934_3561.jpg I5R7PU5BML_n1204292430_30361222_1233566.jpg QVZNV79JC0_n1204292430_30361244_7077439.jpg 0ECMOT73P4_n1204292430_30361246_2120111.jpg T06KNLFVEP_n1204292430_30361265_7079451.jpg

Whoa, ]{3V-3L!

Thanks for making the second half of the day go so much faster thanks to your posts!

I love the pic in which Tori's' hair is doing the flying wispy thing. It look oh so fine and silky when it defies gravity.

I can't tell if the one in which she's wearing those woven leather head bands(?) makes her look like a gorgeous nymph or a hottie nymph protester from the 60's. It is a beach theme so maybe she's a beach nymph. Either way she looks maahvelous in all the pics you posted, a nymph of all trades to be sure.

So you're from Krypton? You must know Jor-El and Kar-El. Give them my best! I got random trivia the other day. New York is nicknamed "The Big Apple," but Metropolis is nicknamed. . .the Big Apricot! Whowouldathunkit?

Thanks again, ]{3V-3L!

Oh Gawd! Forgot to say how your sig catches me off guard, the movement, every time; they look like still photos, and then they come to life. Your sig is just great!

Simply beautiful. Lotsa great sigs lately. I won't try to compete when I couldn't even get a still photo to go in my sig spot.