Bellazon

Tori Praver
Thumbnail

Lea

Thanks to PinkCouture and SnL, pillars of Praver's posts, for all the new pic and video additions!

Thanks, too, to those who posted pics of Tori's latest adventures at the NYSE!

Seeing a variety of people who posted was especially fun.

All of you brought us well into page 63! :fun: :fun: :fun: "There's no 'I' in Team!" :grouphug:

Sports Illustrated 2009: Tori Praver Videos

.zip file (containing 2 .avi videos)

Capped by Me from SI.com

09toripraver221358713zq9.jpg

Click On Image To Download

Thanks, PinkCouture, for starting us on the SI set with this photo of Tori. She looks soooo incredibly natural--face and body--it's just amazingly beautiful. Tori's pose doesn't look like a pose; her beauty is effortless. She is not trying to look beautiful or even sexy, yet she is both. It's pretty great when someone does something amazing without looking as though her or she is trying :blush:

Happy Friday the 13th, Tori and Tori fans! I hope no one suffers from tristadekaphobia or paraskevidekatriaphobia! I think the fear of the number 13 started because Judas, the 13th disciple of Jesus, turned against him. But SEVERAL religions fear the number.

This is NOT a religious comment!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Just a debatable piece of useless trivia as well as the fact that many buildings have no 13th floor, some airport terminals have no 13th gate and NASA probably avoided 13 after the fateful Apollo 13 mission (that has many 13s associated with it)! Even scientists can be superstitious! :(

This fear of 13 is universal and often NOT religiously based! For example, male and female athletes wear #13 simply to fly in the face of such a phobia and MANY more who refused to wear it. In anycase, the day is almost over. :whistle:

Superstitions are based on illogical connections (eg black cat crosses your path; you fall and blame the cat), but superstitions are also used to acheive consistency and comfort in any field from A-W (academics to the work world). Create routines to keep your A's, hitting/scoring streak alive, have successful business deals, etc. The movies Major League, Bull Durham, or Slap Shot look humorously at superstition in sport where it is ubiquitous because your career depends on consistent productivity as in any field. Play-off beards, lucky, team scrunchies, beaded safety pins on shoe laces, not touching lines on courts or fields are all pretty basic superstitions/routines. Some get nasty: not washing underclothing, etc.

M/F Athletic Superstitions:

1. Tiger Woods wears red shirts on a tournament's final Sunday because in his mom's native Thailand, red is a good luck.

2. Jelena Jovic stays at the same low-key hotel near Wimbledon and wears the same dress she handwashes EACH night.

Celebrity Superstitions:

1. Cameron Diaz wears a necklace to ward off the effects of aging and "knocks on wood all day long."

2. Cate Blanchett reportedly keeps her "Lord of the Rings" elf ears on her mantle for luck.

Certainly, there are fun, LONG lists of superstitions for any field, some barely noticeable and some glaring and bizarre (eg Roger Federer screaming in a locked bathroom prior to his match). I would love to know of rituals for models.

As I said earlier in the week, I hope all of Tori's fans and Tori and Danny have a great long weekend whether you are a fan of Valentine's Day or not, alone or not. :heart:

Fascinating reading, Lancelot! I have superstitions but I won't share them. :laugh: Anyway, it made for very interesting reading. And, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU, TOO!

I will post some pics. Some have watermarks that I can't do anything about and others don't. See what you think. Again, I think it's so refreshing to see Tori is a "color"......not black. She's just amazing and I'm not gonna' say that again ('til later :laugh: )

The suit she is wearing in the shot you refer to, Lancelot, (posted by Pink) is by Tori Praver Swimwear. :hell yea!:

Also, I watched the SI show ON DEMAND - AMAZON and they spent a huge amount of time on Brooklyn, especially, and then Bar and Irina. Tori got her share and she was great, really and truly.

Don't forget EXTRA tonight. Hope we get caps from someone. :yes: I saw clips and it will be great!

post-8834-1234568677_thumb.jpg

post-8834-1234568693_thumb.jpg

post-8834-1234568730_thumb.jpg

post-8834-1234568766_thumb.jpg

post-8834-1234568775_thumb.jpg

post-8834-1234568792_thumb.jpg

post-8834-1234568808_thumb.jpg

post-8834-1234568831_thumb.jpg