Bellazon

Tori Praver
Thumbnail

Lea

Listen, SNL, I know a remark about babble when I see it! ;) But I can't help it with Tori's pics.

I know: TRY HARDER. POST MORE.

My goal for the New Year on Tori's site is to emulate your pic-finding ability, your creative sig/avi's that are gorgeous and creative, and be a steadier responder as you are. I think, however, I am close to your enthusiasm level for Tori's pics!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Succinctly,

Babble Boy :>)

PS Here's to page fitty-8! And 60 by 1 JAN 09?!

You are not babbling, buddy. :) You are only stating the facts, just the facts. Keep it up! :yes: :yes: Can we pleeeeease go on to page fitty nine? pleeeeeease?

I was so happy to post these pics that I posted above.

I just heard that Tori got a special award at this Film Festival. :hell yea!: :hell yea!: I'll have to find out what it was for. :idk:

Here is some cut and paste from the program:

Leggett and Guido De Angelis 5:30pm Certosa: Surprise screening 5:30 pm Certosa: Surprise Screening 7:30pm 7:30 pm The Spirit by Frank Miller The Spirit by Frank Miller A seguire: Following: Music with Andrea Griminelli Music with Andrea Griminelli Agostino Penna Band Augustine Band Pen Awards presentation Samuel L. Awards presentation Samuel L. Jackson Jackson Melanie Laurent, Violante Placido, Marco Pontecorvo Melanie Laurent, Violante Placido, Marco Pontecorvo Special awards to Tori Praver and Sebastiano Somma And music by Andrea Griminelli

NEWSFLASH:

Billabong's sexy saviour

Ben Dillaway

December 11th, 2008

SHE'S graced magazine covers and catwalks around the world but Tori Praver was just another, albeit stunning, face in the crowd yesterday.

The gorgeous 22-year-old, who has appeared in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue twice, spent the day doing a shoot for Billabong at locations across the Gold Coast.

But the Burleigh-based brand is hoping the American stunner will be more than just a pretty face.

The surfwear giant has just signed the leggy blonde to become its international face as it fights the effects of the global financial crisis.

Last week, Billabong cut its profit forecast by as much as 10 per cent.

It said the deteriorating trading conditions at a consumer level, mainly in the US where the bulk of its business is, were behind its profit forecast downgrade.

Billabong Girls marketing manager Jessica Tye said signing Praver was part of a global strategy to boost the brand.

"We're trying to be a little bit more global," she said.

"She'll be used in the European, US and Australian shoots.

"If we can all use the same girl it helps bring all the regions together.

"And it always does help to have a lead model with a bit of a story as well."

Praver grew up in Hawaii by the beach before being discovered by Cindy Kauanui of Jet Set Models after appearing in Outside magazine.

She has graced the cover of Cosmopolitan, Glamour and Cover magazines while also doing work for Guess, Yamamay and Liu-Jo.

Having grown up surfing, Praver said signing with Billabong provided some welcome relief from the cut throat catwalks of the fashion world.

"I've always done high fashion stuff so it's a nice change," she said.

"It's fun more than anything and really exciting.

"I'm really happy about it."

Ms Tye said Praver was a perfect fit for Billabong.

"As much as we are about fashion we have our roots in surfing so we can't walk away from that too much," she said. "To be able to combine them is awesome."

During the shoot, which also included model Alana Brennan, Praver turned Cavill Avenue into a catwalk as she strutted through Surfers in style.

"The beach here is beautiful but it's so hot," said Praver.

"Hopefully we'll have time to go surfing but I don't know.

"It has been a lot of work shooting so far so I haven't had a chance yet but hopefully I will before I go."

Ms Tye said the shoot was about 'bringing it back to where it all began'.

"We're really excited to be doing it on the Gold Coast again," she said.

"The models are both surfers so we're staying true to who we are."

Along with the Surfers Paradise sign, the Main Beach Pavilion and 'the shed' at Kirra were also used.

"We wanted the shoot to highlight icons of the Gold Coast so people knew where we were shooting," said Ms Tye.

"Many of our other shoots are done overseas so because we were doing something at home we wanted to make sure it had that flavour."

Images from the shoot, which continues today, will be used to promote Billabong's 2009 summer range.

Gold Coast Australia

Wow those pictures are amazing!!! :o :woot: Thanks so much for posting them, Izzy!!! :hug: Her and Danny look so cute where they're kissing in that pic you posted above! :hehe:

Here's a pic I got in my email for Gorsuch...it's a little bigger from the one posted on the last page. :flower:

post-5926-1230620239_thumb.jpg

We should definitely try to get to page 59, maybe even 60, before the new year! That would be cool! :yes:

Here are some pics from the shoot for Billabong :drool: :drool: YAY, TORI!

EDIT:

WAIT! What happened? I can't open them. I'll have to figure this out. I'm too tired now. :sleep: :sleep: If anyone can help, feel free. *cough** Jess* cough *Jess* :laugh: :laugh:

tpbillabong1.bmp

tpbillabong2.bmp

tpbillabong3.bmp

tpbillabong4.bmp

tpbillabong5.bmp

tpbillabong6.bmp

tpbillabong7.bmp

tpbillabong8.bmp

tpbillabong9.bmp

tpbillabong10.bmp

tpbillabong1.bmp

tpbillabong2.bmp

tpbillabong3.bmp

tpbillabong4.bmp

tpbillabong5.bmp

tpbillabong6.bmp

tpbillabong7.bmp

tpbillabong8.bmp

tpbillabong9.bmp

tpbillabong10.bmp

Wow those pictures are amazing!!! :o :woot: Thanks so much for posting them, Izzy!!! :hug: Her and Danny look so cute where they're kissing in that pic you posted above! :hehe:

Here's a pic I got in my email for Gorsuch...it's a little bigger from the one posted on the last page. :flower:

post-5926-1230620239_thumb.jpg

We should definitely try to get to page 59, maybe even 60, before the new year! That would be cool! :yes:

Thanx, Jess, for that bigger pic :kiss: :kiss: I'm thinkin' she and Danny look so good together. They have surfing in common and they have known each other for a long, long time. He's a babe!

:cry: I'm beginning to think page 59 is impossible to reach. I've posted as much as I could tonight and I'm making no progress :cry:

Oh my Gawd!

What a way to end the year: with Tons of Tori. Babble Boy is silenced. For now, anyway. . .

SNL and the all of those who posted in this latest barage have been so prolific with these posts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tori, as usual, looks so gorgeous and so cute; I cannot stand it! She looks simply happy, the most important thing :) !

This was such a wonderful surprise when I was doing my routine daily check of her BZ pages.

She and Danny do look so cute together: same height, similar hair, great cheek bones and surfer skills. I think he modeled, too, at one point. :heart:

SNL, you deserve the research award for all these posts. Thank you so much again and again! :laugh:

60 pages sounds great, nice and round!

Oh my Gawd!

What a way to end the year: with Tons of Tori. Babble Boy is silenced. For now, anyway. . .

SNL and the all of those who posted in this latest barage have been so prolific with these posts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tori, as usual, looks so gorgeous and so cute; I cannot stand it! She looks simply happy, the most important thing :) !

This was such a wonderful surprise when I was doing my routine daily check of her BZ pages.

She and Danny do look so cute together: same height, similar hair, great cheek bones and surfer skills. I think he modeled, too, at one point. :heart:

SNL, you deserve the research award for all these posts. Thank you so much again and again! :laugh:

60 pages sounds great, nice and round!

Did you notice how drawn out I made the announcement from Billabong? That was to try my best to push to page 59. :laugh: :laugh: I've tried but I'm beginning to think there is NO page 59! :cry: C'mon 59! Where the heck are you?????

Here we go, just had to convert them to JPG and the pics are good to go! :flower: Hope you can see them now! :hehe:

post-8834-0-1446435825-69954_thumb.jpg post-8834-0-1446435825-72433_thumb.jpg post-8834-0-1446435825-73486_thumb.jpg post-8834-0-1446435825-7555_thumb.jpg

post-8834-0-1446435825-76835_thumb.jpg post-8834-0-1446435825-77639_thumb.jpg post-8834-0-1446435825-78704_thumb.jpg post-8834-0-1446435825-7921_thumb.jpg

post-8834-0-1446435825-80532_thumb.jpg post-8834-0-1446435825-82082_thumb.jpg

Thanx so much, Jess. I was just so darn tired when I posted those that I just couldn't bear to go through the job of fixing it. Once again, the sweetie, Jess, comes through! :wave:

You are the bestest, SNL! :)

I remember when you posted all those Gorsuch photographs, I wondered how many pix/words it takes to make a BZ page.

So maybe my babble helps to lengthen if not share with Tori's fans the wonderment inspired by her images.

Your last posts reminded me that Tori is getting to see the world from A to V (Aspen/Australia to Venice). That in itself must be amazing for Tori, a COSMOPOLITAN girl by actual definition and by her Cosmopolitan covers! In fact, she is IN the dictionary, but not her picture, yet! :blush:

COSMOPOLITAN: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.

3d DEFINITION: So sophisticated as to be at home in all parts of the world or conversant with many spheres of interest: a cosmopolitan, worldly traveler. 4th DEFINITION (added): Tori Praver, Super Model, IMG, Maui, Hawaii. ;)

Most amazing perhaps is Tori's signing with Billabong globally as their "it" girl in a recession that has no foreseable end generally or in retail clothing specifically. With their 10% year-end loss, Billabong is placing their hopes of maintaining and hopefully growing their business in a dismal economy squarely on Tori's strong shoulders. Using Tori to "pull the brand together" globally is quite an honor to add to her recent awards.

Tori's global appeal for Billabong and her fans became local for me last week. It happened as accidentally as my finding her Gorsuch catalogue when recyling. Still on crutches, I was bumped into one of many calendar racks in Barnes and Nobles. When the last rack stopped swiveling, there was the Tori SI cover calendar I'd only seen on these pages with her looking super cute. :blush:

I continued to Bed, Bath and Beyond and found myself in a relatively empty area with a lone calendar swivel rack with mostly home and cat and dog calendars. Walking past it, there was the same Tori SI cover calendar, I'd seen a short time before. Upon leaving the store, I saw Tori and Danny walking down the sidewalk. Roight! ;) With SI coming out soon and more recent exposure posted by Tori's BZ fans above, Tori will be even more visible but by no accident or even near disaster with tall calendar racks or ghosts of Tori and Danny in Christmas present.

Tori will increase her visibility just as she has been doing by representing herself to her clients, her agent, and her photographers as well as she can in person and by looking great in print, and on the runway regardless of what she's wearing. In the New Year, here's to Tori's increased visibilty and to her continued mental and physical fortitude in a tough industry. :wave:

Tori is definitely UBIQUITOUS and not just on calendar racks around the globe!

UBIQUITOUS: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.

...at the same time; omnipresent, universal--ADJ, u·biqui·tous·ly--ADVERB, [added]; u·biqui·tous·ness--NOUN...

When I see the latest photos you posted, SNL, I see once again that Tori is a triple threat if not more: swimsuit, ready-to- wear, haute couture in print and on the runway. Wowee!

Thanks again, SNL, for your enthusiasm and especially your humor (to offset my pictureless posts) as well as your efforts finding such not especially visible items as the program for the film festival. Your discoveries still beat my babble and today's dictionary dorkiness! :whistle:

Happy New Year's Again to Tori and Danny, and her friends and BZ fans and their friends while I'm at it! :fun:

Wow, her legs are to die for! Thanks for the pics, Izzie! :woot:

EDIT: 59 pages!!!!!!!!!! :chicken: :ddr:

OMG! :shock: There is a page 59 after all! :fun: :ddr: :ddr: Jess did it! YAY! I'm serious, I was gettin' totally bugged! I was like counting, 58 1/2, 58 13/16, 58 7/8, 58 15/16 and then I didn't know how to count after that... :D :D

I seriously MUST get a life. :D

What a great post, Lancelot! :yes: (Y) I need to start sounding more intellectual and not so girly, :angie: giggly, superficial, etc. :gocho: :gocho: So, I'm gonna' try to say something intellectual this year. :actor: :blink: Don't know when it will be but I will astound! :laugh: :laugh:

Hope everyone had great Holidays and stay safe, healthy and happy in this New Year. :hug: :grouphug: