Bellazon

Tori Praver
Thumbnail

Lea

• 2 weeks later...

2324lebron!

Thank you for reminding Tori Nation that it's eponymous, magnificent mama modelina leader looks just as healthy, down to earth, and beautiful as she did when when she first appeared in SI. . . back in 2007!

Lawdy! That's nearly a decade ago!

In fact, as I scrolled down quickly, I thought it was a re-post or a "re-fresh" of her past images! I received a random Gorsuch catalogue in the mail after a long time, and I didn't even see her pics in the sale section. I was glad for the new Gorsuch girls, but sad that Tori had disappeared without a trace--without a gone-but-not-forgotten section as some yearbooks have in the US.

Thankfully, SI and Tori Nation have not forgotten Tori's grace.

With a model hubby, whom I just saw in an RVCA poster, a beautiful babelet and a company of which she is the CEO, Tori is an inspiration to all folks to build "foundations under your castles in the air" as Thoreau advised readers not just to dream but to follow them and make them reality if possible.

And Tori takes Thoreau's advice one long-legged stride further by being an altruistic angel before her rise to fashionista fame and during her stay there by giving back to a number of charities with her money . . . and time. . .  

bigmax! :heart:

Tori is not just Tori Nation :grouphug:  but is definitely Buffalo David Bitton as the tagline reads. :thumbsup:

As usual, the chameleon cutie has changed her look from cute, cute to striking modelina and back with 1/1000 second click of each shutter! :D  

She looks sophisticated, with super-defined facial features and svelte, athletic limbs, glowing skin from fore head to toes. . . just a healthful, tall drink of water as always with toes always on the ground, sand, or grass.  :drool:

And, of course, she has had a baby :MLA: , and continues to run her business, and she and Danny keep themselves seem so accessible and the average humans to us average humans, not too many celebs, especially double-model couples and athletes can pull of that feat despite their soundbites and charitable giving or selling their souls to ads for big Pharma, and as the super-bowl ads showed, car companies, etc. with only a few good ones, with some personal interest, either financial or a cancer survivor interest thrown in the mix!  :p

Well, I guess, as I have said before, it's not clothes that maketh the person as Shakespeare says, but the other way around, especially in Tori's case. Buffalo David Bitton's do not make Tori. They make each other of course just as you cannot have light without day or black without white for comparison or celebrity without fan and vice versa.  :p

In German philosophy, it is called inextricably linked opposites after Hegel. Hegelian opposites. But in this case, it is more Tori as objectively as I can be, even with her co-star.   :whistle:

Black and white is always a nice change from color, simply because of the contrast and it looks more "artsy."  :whistle:

Thanks, bigmax and congrats to Tori for being part of SI's 50th Anniversary celebration. My selfish thoughts would have her on the cover, but between politics, marketing, and most important, Tori's low-key approach, she is more now a business woman and perhaps the best mama bear to her bear cub.  :hug:

And her she followed her aspirations to her swimsuit designers with a nice stay at SI, too short for Tori Nation, perhaps, but just right for Tori and, in turn, her family. That she can keep up a great relationship with SI whether being included in the celebration and SI's wanting to use her creations is testimony to diplomacy and sincere relationship building that the Secretary of the UN could use when trying to keep this crazy world as peaceful as possible.  :)

Tori Praver, Secretary General of the UN, but they should probably update secretary title in every position from Secretary of the Treasury not to be PC but to reflect the connotations images of secretary in, say, Mad Men, as sex objects and who may be smarter than her boss and kept him on track but received little if any credit :lullaby:  :ninja: .

Tori Praver, Diplomat General of the UN would be a possible start or World Inter-mediator for the UN, etc. A secretary or an admin now, PC or not do a lot more than just take notes and run the office, they are still in this day and age the "woman" behind the successful man that runs through business, politicians to this day.  :blink:

Remember the US, the land of the free, a classless society, is not free for some or classless at all. It is also one the only nation in the world that touts its strong women CEOs at Yahoo!, HP, etc. but has never elected a woman president as have the following more "traditional" countries/cultures who have had women leaders who, sometimes, unfortunately, have to prove they are tougher than stereotypical male leaders to be taken seriously.  :p  

Of course, I don't want to touch no dumb-blonde stereotypes when some attractive men and women have to get folks to get past their good looks to have themselves taken seriously, even wearing glasses without prescription lenses to make them look smarter. I have known a number of regular folks who do that!  :yes:

Tori could bridge a lot of gaps between men and women in this country besides salary where women still make less per dollar than men for he same positions. She could shore up the insecurity that leads ultimately to most discrimination: racial, ethnic, religious, sexual orientations or . . . creed, whatever that is, but appears on many college application marketing materials, yes marketing materials to show their perfectly diverse pics because education now is as corporate as a corporation that uses marketing as its primary driver.  :whistle:

I have thought should a tall, Blonde model first signed by Ford, historically an agency who signed Teutonic, Scadinavian models for decades with similar Tori features be such a world wide ambassador when she represents the "majority" in the US and the beauty ideal for all cultures for so long? I would say yes, simply because of her accepting of all people. I am sure there are models of color who could play the same role, but this is Tori Nation, after all, and ideally, we shouldn't be looking at appearance but inner character.  :heart:  

Okay, enough, babble diatribe after some time. And, of course, it is my arm-chair quarterbacking from a distance and theorizing just as some folks do on a variety of subjects. That's my disclaimer when using Tori's example to make some statements perhaps not meant for Bellazon because they do not stick to the model. But if the model touches these subjects, especially as sincerely as Tori and Danny do, the babble may be rationalized as appropriate for this post.  ;)

Keep on Truckin'!, Tori as the 70s bumper stickers proclaimed; Tori Nation :grouphug:  will follow in your long strides for kind character and heart combo alone    :wave: