Bellazon

Tori Praver
Thumbnail

Lea

Thanks for the update SnL. I wasn't good at easter egg hunts as a kid and I would probably still suck at them if I participated. So, I gonna just rely on you as my Tori info go-to :wave: :blush:. Tori's SI appearance in Memphis was what first brought her to my attention; I'm about an hour's drive away and did one of my final college papers on tourism at Graceland. I'd like to think she deserves the cover but I'm biased and don't know much of anything about the other people who've appeared in SI over the last couple of years, ie. the competition. I was a big fan when Laetitia and Heidi and nearly the full VS roster were modeling for both, but lately I pay more attention to the VS crowd, save for Tori.

Are the screen caps Joe posted from an SI preview? To me, one of the coolest things about Tori is there is a certain sense of familiarity to her looks, but then they are radically different at the same time. Kinda like if someone took a fairy tale and completely disarranged it and added new scenes. Does that make sense? $%ck it, I'm going with it :laugh:

Look at me, I just realized I was heading into novel territory. Where's my Knopf contract? I'm ready for the big leagues.

Thanks for the update SnL. I wasn't good at easter egg hunts as a kid and I would probably still suck at them if I participated. So, I gonna just rely on you as my Tori info go-to :wave: :blush:. Tori's SI appearance in Memphis was what first brought her to my attention; I'm about an hour's drive away and did one of my final college papers on tourism at Graceland. I'd like to think she deserves the cover but I'm biased and don't know much of anything about the other people who've appeared in SI over the last couple of years, ie. the competition. I was a big fan when Laetitia and Heidi and nearly the full VS roster were modeling for both, but lately I pay more attention to the VS crowd, save for Tori.

Are the screen caps Joe posted from an SI preview? To me, one of the coolest things about Tori is there is a certain sense of familiarity to her looks, but then they are radically different at the same time. Kinda like if someone took a fairy tale and completely disarranged it and added new scenes. Does that make sense? $%ck it, I'm going with it :laugh:

Look at me, I just realized I was heading into novel territory. Where's my Knopf contract? I'm ready for the big leagues.

Boy, darkthrone, if you were published by Alfred A. Knopf, you would join the ranks from A-Z or at least C-U (Cather, Cheever, Morisson, Updike--recently deceased, of course). Congrats WHEN you are published by them! Let us know on Tori's pages. :fun:

It is hard to find stuff on Tori, new stuff. I'm glad she is, as SNL says, low key. Maybe it is the island culture in which she grew up for the most part. Unlike, the uptight, snobs we are stereotyped (pretty accurately, mostly but not always as with any stereotype) as being in the Northeast Corridor, worried about status through various symbols from degrees to clothes to cars. :ninja: :D Anyway, Lawd knows I have pored over the Internet and found tons of stuff on her "colleagues" and her SI pics and thought it nice not to have her splattered everywhere. Tori's value increases just like anything rare does, like the blue Hope Diamond ;). But I guess her ubiquitousness on the internet would increase Tori's value in other ways. Hopefully, she can have the right mix--the way SHE wants it. :)

When I read SNL's post, I, too, feel I always comment on her flawless skin, her amazing musculature, and her face that really does look amazing from all angles. I, too, rely on SNL and PinkCouture for new intel. Most important, Tori has gone from working for swimsuit designers to haute couture, attesting to her versatility. She really can wear anything and make that thing look beautiful and look beautiful in it. :wub:

But you may have put it best, darkthrone, when you said Tori looks familiar but radically different: The Praver Paradox, perhaps. Or maybe its the chameleon aspect of the best models: dye their hair, change the hair style or clothes, and they may be unrecognizable at first glance, but they still look amazing and at second or fourth glance you see from their, eyes, nose, mouth and chin the features that are hard to change and help you ID them. :D

I like the disarranged fairy tale idea, too. You seem to be truly literary, unlike me, the dilettante. Was that tourism paper for a marketing class? How did you pick the topic? Elvis fan? :guitar:

Don't worry about Easter egg hunts, as long as "you don't teach your grandmother how to suck eggs."

Have a great start to the week down there, darkthrone, or on the West Coast, SNL. It was a balmy 40F here yesterday, a real "Indian Summer" after a chilly 5F a few days ago in Boston. But I'm glad I'm not any where in the heartland from MN to the South in KY where frigid temps and ice storms have been the order of the day for some weeks. Brrrrr!

Dang that Ground Hawg, Punxsutawney Phil. Funny, I heard the critter's scrambling in and out of his adobe is really some mating ritual and has nothing to do with the length of winter. And we've turned it into a season-forecasting one. Human rituals: can't live without 'em or shoot 'em, neither! :war:

Whether we Tori fans consider it a Hallmark ritual or not, have a Happy Valentine's Day next weekend whether, you are single, double or otherwise and of course Happy Valentine's Day to Tori and Danny! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Mo' Wintah, I guess. But the days have been incrementally lengthening since 21 DEC in the Northern Hemisphere, and the natural ritual of the Vernal Equinox on 21 March is about as reliable as any human one if not more. Hoohah! :p

Darkthrone and Lancelot, you guys write sooooo well! I'm crackin' up laughing at your posts today :laugh: You guys are great! :hug:

DT, those shots that Joe so kindly posted are from the shoot for SISE. We will have to wait and see if they are in the mag as they are. Can't wait! Totally LOVE your comments about the "disarranged fairy tale". She is soooo the chameleon that Lancelot speaks of. She just ROCKS....that's all there is to it! :drool:

Here is a quote from Stewart Shining, the photographer who shot her spread last year in SISE:

"Tori is, to me, the ultimate all-American classic. I think she'll be one of those icons, like Cheryl Tiegs or a Blue Lagoon-era Brooke Shields. Tori has a very sporty body, strong and athletic with super long legs and that awesome blonde hair, which is thick and natural. When she walks down the street your jaw drops open because she's so striking in real life: the height, the hair, the legs, everything. I was really proud of her pictures".

Pretty high praise from a very, very well-known photographer, wouldn't ya' say?? :hell yea!: Can't say I disagree with a single thing he said. (Y)

Look at that face! :wub: (Click again when it opens) from last year's SISE

Oh boyeee, SnL! Thanks so very much for the cute, cute, cute shot of Tori. Talk about tow headed and golden-skinned. :drool: It reminds me of the MySpace personal posts ages ago when she is holding the baby so sweetly.

What a way to start the week!

Thanks, too, for the Stewart Shining quotation. I think his shots are the ones in which she has a flower in her ear and in one has the most natural laugh/smile I seen from anyone. I also agree with his Tori summary. I hate to name drop, but I have met Ms. Shields, and she is pretty much my height (6' plus an inch for running shoes) and has always been athletic and especially toned and quite sweet as you reported Tori to be. :blush:

While Tori's athleticism is clearly apparent whatever she's wearing, I don't know if people notice Ms. Shields' build, though she has amazing tone as I said. Probably because her face has been plastered on Ivory Snow boxes as a babe and in Woody Allen's Pretty Baby, the "infamous" but fab Calvin Klein jeans ads, etc. Focus on the face, I guess.

Thick, natch hair, all-American faces, strong bods, and long, strong legs and striking in "civilian clothes": Brooke and Tori are two peas in a pod despite their age difference. :hug:

The Blue Lagoon-era reference made me laugh. Apparently, they dug a trench around the island so Ms. Shields would be at her co-star's (Chris Atkins) height. But check that tidbit! Since we're in 2009, maybe if Tori is chosen to be in a movie, she can stand on her own two feet but not in a trench, and even look down at her co-star and look fab at the same time. :p

While some girls, as you know, don't mind being taller than a guy, esp. in heels, many like to look up at their guys even when wearing heels. And, similarly, some guys like to look down and some like to look up. Mr. Cruise, from what the tabloids say, has a height issue with Ms. Holmes and therefore probably with Ms. Kidman who is taller than Ms. Holmes, but I've never asked him and will leave it at that. ;)

Thanks again for the wonderfully sweet and cute pic of Tori, SNL! Again, you are the researcher extraordinaire! :wave:

Lance, don't forget Cormac! I just started reading most of those guys and girls last year and have been hooked ever since. Think it was Updike's "A&P", which I found in an old college Lit book, that started me on the, erm, Road. :laugh: I knew I was keeping a couple of those textbooks for good reason. I did the Graceland paper for a Geography of TN class. For some reason, the prof decided the research project would focus on tourism/tourist traps. Go figure. I knew some Elvis tunes and could decently hum the melody if they came on the radio, but I didn't go out of my way to buy a CD. After the research, though, I had a lot more respect for the guy. Kind of the "walk a mile in another man's shoes" type of thing. And with some of those research practicums, you felt like you were walking well more than a mile.

And good Lord, look at these SI shots. Thanks for posting them, Minus. Did you say they were going to announce the cover-person Wednesday as opposed to yesterday (Monday), SnL?

Edit, several hours later: OK, after having a look at all of them I believe these are my favorites:

09_tori_praver_03.jpg

This one is my favorite of the lot. It shows her body in tip-top shape. You can tell she's a surfer: her legs are muscular, yet feminine. And the expression, just that hint of a smile. Classic.

09_tori_praver_28.jpg

On this one, it's the eyes. I believe you could justifiably take a day off work to gaze into them. Seriously.

09_tori_praver_21.jpg

Probably the most provocative Tori shot I've seen. The face and expression are :whistle: ... :whistle: ... :drool:

No, the cover went to BAR. That was announced last nite on Letterman. She is supposed to appear in person on Wed. on Letterman.

Go to the S.I. site and see her pictures and especially her videos. There are two of them. Honestly and not being biased, I can say she HAD some shots worthy of the cover. You can really see it on the videos. The camera really, really, REALLY loves her. :drool: :drool: