Bellazon

Tori Praver
Thumbnail

Lea

Thanks for the Sunday night treats, Hyperion and Sweetandlow :) !

Sweetnlow, your pics reminded me of the larger-than-life posters of Tori I saw in ATL a few weeks ago. Thanks for the memory jog!

Hyperion, again I have to comment on your creativity. Your line drawings of Tori are great. The time you put in paid off. They reminded me of pop artist Roy Lichetenstein whose WASPy, glamourous women appeared in frequently in his work. I don't know if he was an inspiration. Maybe Tori would have been a muse for him, too! :)

Here's a link to a site that sells some of Lichetenstein's work: http://www.allposters.com/-st/Roy-Lichtens...ers_c26145_.htm

I hope you two, Tori's fans, and Tori have a great start to the week! :wave:

5068RL_M_Maybe_c_1965_Posters.jpg

Hyperion, again I have to comment on your creativity. Your line drawings of Tori are great. The time you put in paid off. They reminded me of pop artist Roy Lichetenstein whose WASPy, glamourous women appeared in frequently in his work. I don't know if he was an inspiration. Maybe Tori would have been a muse for him, too! :)

Boy, Hyperion, I am thanking you every day! :)

Those larger pics came out great. I love the first one in a dress and the last one in which she is jumping; the latter reminds me of Tori's athleticism.

Sweetandlow is right: bigger is better. Among other things, Tori has such great skin. Maybe it's her healthful vegetarian diet. She seems, in pics, to have such a summer look for the ATL summer catalogue and a summery personality. Hmmm. She did grow up in two sunshiney places!

Two art history courses? Hmm. Tori in Renaissance painter Botticelli's "Birth of Venus" could be good. In that one, Venus looks tall and blonde and has great abs as Tori does. Someone may say don't turn her into a Rubens figure, but you and she could probably find someone in any period to have her transcend the times. I'll leave the creativity department to you!

Renaissance Italy's Abs of Steel:

Venus shell reference in model pic:

venus.jpg venus.jpg venus_shell.jpg

Boy, Hyperion, I am thanking you every day! :)

Two art history courses? Hmm. Tori in Renaissance painter Botticelli's "Birth of Venus" could be good. In that one, Venus looks tall and blonde and has great abs as Tori does. Someone may say don't turn her into a Rubens figure, but you and she could probably find someone in any period to have her transcend the times. I'll leave the creativity department to you!

I realized, Hyperion, I probably should be writing this to your personal Bellazon acct for the sake of Tori's fans. Next time.

Funny, the Sox were swept down there. I live 10 mins. walk from Fenway so I have to deal with pedestrian and vehicular traffic and never leave home without checking their schedule. The trains get jammed, too.

Coincidentally, when I'm on the computer, I listen to WPOI in Tampa, an 80s station for the fun of it. But I can get faked out by weather/traffic reports. It might be 40F here, and the DJ announces 70F there.

Boy, the Baroque period could be perfect to manipulate a painting using one of Tori's pics. Because the period is all about motion, I can only think of her incredibly athletic look and of course a few clips of her being athletic on her surfboard. :)

If you take Bernini's "David" that epitomizes Baroque motion, maybe you can use your line drawings to create a tall, strong, female "David." Artistic license, and it makes up for the few women depicted at the time.

Caravaggio is much tougher because his paintings are so dark and use biblical stories of chopped heads, etc. I recall his famous Medusa from Greek myth. You could make a fair-haired Medusa who won't turn a beholder to stone but could make him/her swoon! Talk about artistic license; the "Medusa" below is a self-portrait!

Bernini's "David":

Caravagio's "Conversion of Mary Magdalen":

Caravagio's "Medusa":

All right. Enough babble for poor Tori fans. More pics of actual Tori are probably in order. Good luck transforming Tori into pop art and "high" art with Christian and Greek themes. In all cases, we're talking "classic" beauty.

If Tori fans and Tori, choose to, I hope everyone has fun with Fireworks on the Fourth. If not, hope you all find what you need at the moment.

OH GAWD! I'M SOOO SORRY to continue the babble. :o On WED, I saw a huge Jackson Pollack in a doc's office. It looks easy to splatter away, but upon closer inspection (even on this poster), it looked harder actually to do.

Puh-eace!

Bernini.jpg Conversion_of_Mary_Magdalen.jpg MedusaCaravaggio.jpg