Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2011 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

I liked it, better than last year for sure.

BTW, I noticed a "strange" behavior of Adriana, I mean, she was on top as always, but for example when she closed Passion, she stopped to give thanks, and gave a nod as to say "yes you're right", and seemed that she was always about to cry...or maybe I must blame lights? I really want to be wrong, but it seemed that she was saying in her way that this was her last show...

not anywhere near....shes got 2 more years left on her current contract and she is planning on resigning

Didn't you say like a month or so ago that she had just resigned for 5 years? I'm not trying to be rude, but goddamn the amount this girl resigns she's gotta be contracted to Victoria's Secret well into her eighties. Heidi was old.. Adriana is gonna be ancient. Heidi wasn't sexy, I would hope that Adriana retires while she still retains some attractiveness. Just saying.

It doesn't really matter what pulled in the ratings, because VS will look at it as a whole and won't change a thing.

Lmao yes it does, if VS fools themselves into believing that their tacky outfits and over the top models are bringing in the viewers then they not only have horrible taste but they were obviously dropped on their heads as babies and/or need whomever is beating them with the stupid stick to stop. Talent and fame trumps cheap, fake trumped up "sexiness". So whomever wants to kid themselves into believing that any of these models have even an ounce of the same prestige as the artists that performed their year they need to get they head checked.

Lmao yes it does, if VS fools themselves into believing that their tacky outfits and over the top models are bringing in the viewers then they not only have horrible taste but they were obviously dropped on their heads as babies and/or need whomever is beating them with the stupid stick to stop. Talent and fame trumps cheap, fake trumped up "sexiness". So whomever wants to kid themselves into believing that any of these models have even an ounce of the same prestige as the artists that performed their year they need to get they head checked.

That's a bit harsh don't you think?

I agree that artists probably brought in the ratings but no matter what there is a small percentage of us who watch it for the models and know who they are.

Is it so wrong to want to believe that the show did well because people want to see them?

Of course I know that's not the case. And the artists and fame side of it is what brought in the ratings. But still either way it's a major plus for the company. Always after the show the sales probably boost cause all of these women and men (who go and buy for their wives) will go out and look for what VS is offering. As long as VS make money on it, it's a success. So what I was trying to say is the feel of the show will be the same. Last year and this year both had the same format. The show did well so VS will keep it the same next year.

At the time I thought she had just resigned, but I was then told by three people who work for VS and have a bit of insight she resigned in early 08 so she would resigning soon. They couldn't tell me details past that of course but we already know she and Ale both have 5 year contracts as opposed to the girls who have 3. Adriana has stated recently several times she isn't going anywhere and the company has groomed her to take over Heidi's spot which she basically has. Adriana won't be going anywhere for quite some time. My HONEST guess is that she'll work for these next two years and then sign a three year contract instead of the five and bow out after that. Plus considering she's still got a HUGE fanbase (hello she was the only girl trending last night beside Chanel) she's not going anywhere. I'm sorry but comparing her to Heidi in the sense you were is ridiculous Heidi didn't have the body (IMO) to continue nor did she age well at all. Considering Adriana has recently turned back the clock somehow and she looks like her old '03-04 self as long as she keeps it up and brings in the viewers and fans like she does VS isn't going to get rid of her anytime soon.

Most people I know tuned in for the show itself, and most people didn't even know before last week the performers that were in it. The commercials came on and that's when the mass public learned about it for the most part. I'm sorry but after watching the feeds come in from facebook and twitter last night, I'd say 75% of viewers were viewing it because of the show and models and the performers came secondary. Even if you want to go extreme and it was 50/50 it wasn't any less than that, those performers are not going to pull that many viewers on their own. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what pulled in the viewers they got the ratings and that's really all their is to it.

No I agree about it. But I do think that no matter what it is great coverage for the girls. There is always someone new watching the show. And those new people might see Doutzen or Candice or a model they had never heard of and start following their careers. It's great for the models no matter what. And it is always good for the company.

That's a bit harsh don't you think?

I agree that artists probably brought in the ratings but no matter what there is a small percentage of us who watch it for the models and know who they are.

Is it so wrong to want to believe that the show did well because people want to see them?

Of course I know that's not the case. And the artists and fame side of it is what brought in the ratings. But still either way it's a major plus for the company. Always after the show the sales probably boost cause all of these women and men (who go and buy for their wives) will go out and look for what VS is offering. As long as VS make money on it, it's a success. So what I was trying to say is the feel of the show will be the same. Last year and this year both had the same format. The show did well so VS will keep it the same next year.

Harsh in what light? Calling the girls not sexy, or mocking the company? And the percentage that watch the show for the models is incredibly small. Most people don't know who these girls are, and just because VS introduces a few of them at the beginning doesn't mean they recognize them afterwards. They want to see quote on quote attractive woman strut in skimpy clothing and see big artists prance around in glitter while singing.

As for their sales boosting because someone sees something on the runway they want their girlfriend or wife to wear, or they think their boyfriend husband will like. I want you to realistically look at this year and the past few years and tell me what is translatable from the runway to the VS store? This is the first year that they've offered runway looks for sale on their site. Beyond that it's very hard to see what they're wearing and what they're selling.

I have never read that their sales boost after the show, not in regards to the show and not beyond that which is the expected boost in sales due to the holiday season. :idk: Sales this year will be boosted regardless simply because shoppers across North America are buying more, statistics have already shown that there are nearly 3 times the amount of people buying/spending this year then there were last year. So obviously VS's numbers should reflect that, and would regardless if they had the show or not.

At the time I thought she had just resigned, but I was then told by three people who work for VS and have a bit of insight she resigned in early 08 so she would resigning soon. They couldn't tell me details past that of course but we already know she and Ale both have 5 year contracts as opposed to the girls who have 3. Adriana has stated recently several times she isn't going anywhere and the company has groomed her to take over Heidi's spot which she basically has. Adriana won't be going anywhere for quite some time. My HONEST guess is that she'll work for these next two years and then sign a three year contract instead of the five and bow out after that. Plus considering she's still got a HUGE fanbase (hello she was the only girl trending last night beside Chanel) she's not going anywhere. I'm sorry but comparing her to Heidi in the sense you were is ridiculous Heidi didn't have the body (IMO) to continue nor did she age well at all. Considering Adriana has recently turned back the clock somehow and she looks like her old '03-04 self as long as she keeps it up and brings in the viewers and fans like she does VS isn't going to get rid of her anytime soon.

Most people I know tuned in for the show itself, and most people didn't even know before last week the performers that were in it. The commercials came on and that's when the mass public learned about it for the most part. I'm sorry but after watching the feeds come in from facebook and twitter last night, I'd say 75% of viewers were viewing it because of the show and models and the performers came secondary. Even if you want to go extreme and it was 50/50 it wasn't any less than that, those performers are not going to pull that many viewers on their own. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what pulled in the viewers they got the ratings and that's really all their is to it.

The point is you say this as gospel, and you have cited that you have inside sources who tell you she's resigned every time. Honestly I don't give a shit, she's with the company, until she leaves she's signed. And in comparing her to Heidi I feel 100% justified. They are/were both in their thirties, they were both the quote on quote head angels. Heidi was known as the body and for popping out 3 children I don't think she had a horrible one. We should probably take into consideration that she popped out a baby like a month before the one show, and her body wasn't horrific in most of the others. Heidi was more famous, more commonly known with the masses then Adriana is. Hell she still is, that's not me being rude or biased, that's me being realistic. I don't like either model, I find both of them incredibly obnoxious and I'm not a fan of either girl's body of work, (aside from Heidi's Halloween costumes).

Moving on to the artists. There were advertisements at the end of September for Kanye and Maroon 5, so yes, people knew who the musical talent was, and I guarantee you a lot of people tuned in for them and not just for the show. The only quote on quote surprise artist was Nikki Minaj and after she was confirmed twitter and everything else blew up. So chances are another large group of people who might otherwise have not watched the show decided to turn on the channel.

We need to sit back and realize however much we might love these models. I have my favorites just like everyone else, (and yes I'd like to say people thought they were the prettiest or had the best reviews) chances are they are not as popular as we all want to believe they are. Bottom line is a glorified panty pusher will never be as famous as a multi platinum singer/rapper. This isn't the 90's anymore.

OK - first things first, is everything in order? Checklist:

1. Random And Pointless (Pretend) 'Director' Voices? CHECK
  2. Cutting To Star-Studded Celebrity Audience At Innopportune Moments? CHECK
  3. Man Standing Up When His Girlfriend Walks Past? CHECK

Then - IT'S SHOWTIME!

Or is it?

They're still getting into costumes!

We gotta go!

^Will they make it?!?! Well, yes, since it's not live and there's no time-limit here really. I'm sure they are all ready, give or take a minute. I know fashion-shows are hectic and exciting. But this isnt a shuttle launch. Please calm down 'Pretend Director Voices'.

I don't know - was that opening classy or not? I kind of liked the understated approach, the soft music and elegant ballerinas. In that context Candice as the opener makes sense; her walk isn't bombastic, but that isnt necessarily a bad thing. It doesn't always have to be sturm und drang and ridiculous gesticulations with added face-pulling... That said, when the music kicked in it felt a bit flat, and it wasn't until Ale walked out that it felt in anyway "on target". Orlando stands up for Miranda.

Oh, oh, oh, shoe's gone!

Broken shoe, coming camera right...

^I don't know about you - but my heart leapt. Could the show carry on? I wasn't prepared. Nobody told us about this. Why weren't we told? WHY WEREN'T WE TOLD????

Nice to know Monica Mitro found Karlie Kloss isn't it. I'd never heard of her before either. This shy girl from Little Bumfuck, Missouri just wandered into castings off the street - but Monica saw something in her. Oh yes, she saw. She saw a ingenue who could pull off a disco-fart monstrosity like no other - and she put that girl on that stage. Mark my words, you'll all remember the name Karlie now. Thanks Monica. Thanks VS...

HAIRSPRAY?!?!

^My lawd, I don't know if I can take much more of this. My poor nerves - it's all so touch and go backstage...

Super-Buttons:

Joan's - ✔

Erin's - ✘

Oh Caroline, but your superpower of invisibility has been working. Ever since 2005...

Jay-Z is in the building. I repeat: Jay-Z is in the building.

^It's OK, he's not going to rob you.

Ah yes, the 'Passion' segment with it's "Latin, Spanish references". Great choice of music then: some dirge about California? I know we often criticise VS about being too literal, but here? Come on, wouldn't something like a paso doble, or some Spanish guitar actually have fitted this much better? 'Stronger' kind of fitted, but the rest seemed just shoehorned in rather than thought about. But, hold on, what's going on backstage?

She's gonna miss her walk guys. SHE'S GONNA MISS HER WALK!!!

^Only she isn't, is she? Because we all know Jay-Z's currently doing a little bit of holiday-camp audience participation and some jolly nice rhyming out on stage really, as we've seen that sneaky scene on YouTube! Not that she was ever in danger anyway. Can you even imagine Adriana missing her walk? I know, right? Unimaginable.

It's OK anyway, here she is:

post-11221-0-1446069492-21737_thumb.jpg

What THE HELL was that about? One minute she was a model appearing on a televised fashion-show, the next she was seemingly giving a 'sermon on the mount' and blessing all who came to hear. Ah, the adoration...

Hmmm, "Small town, big dreams" - straight from Candice's Big Book Of Clichés. Better yet: "You should definitely not judge what you're going to be by what you are as a kid. Because a whole lot changes." <Yes, Erin - that's called a nose-job.

Wow, I had NO idea that the frat-boy and Anne V were together. Wouldn't it be sooo cute if they made something of it?

More of Erin's wisdom: "I don't know how they keep coming with unique themes after all these years. But each year is so different." Like this year's 'Super Angels' being nothing like 2003's 'Sexy Super Heroines'. "Unique" is a broad church.

Orlando stands up for Miranda (again). Karlie emphatically does not have 'moves like Jagger':

post-11221-0-1446069492-25358_thumb.png

Oh, Jay-Z and Kanye are on now are they? You're not fooling us...

Look - Erin must be clever because she's wearing glasses:

post-11221-0-1446069492-29923_thumb.png

Why? Did you get that out of Candice's 'Cliché' book too? Not that I didn't find that look a little bit (OK, a lot) sexy. Where've you been hiding Erin?

Lily thinks little girls watching this show will want to grow up to be "Angels". Well, they might have done - until they saw this:

post-11221-0-1446069492-33345_thumb.png

^Species??? What's with the neck bones? Are little girls the demographic here anyway? Sweary songs, revealing clothing? And what's up with all the pixelated bums? Lais's bum Chanel's bum, BEHATI'S BUM - all got smudged out, much to my chagrin. Grrr...

Adriana sets herself up to be adored again. Come on 'Rapture', take her away - where are the chorus of angels, blowing their horns? What more can they possibly be waiting for up there? Surely she should have floated up and off to heaven there and then? Maybe another Super-Button didn't work? Orlando doesn't stand up for Miranda - LAZY BASTARD!

Right, PINK - lots of crap on runway and cheap crap dripping off models, a scary troll guards the bridge... Hadn't realised Lindsay had doggy shoulder-pads until then either?!

It's over.

What, then? Well, Ale is clearly the 'Mother Angel' now - even if you all want it to be Adriana. Play to their strengths, VS: Ale speaks well, and is empathetic (and surprised me the most out of all the models this year, given far more to go with). No need to force it elsewhere, and good to see that they didn't. Ale is 'Groucho', Adriana is 'Harpo' (Candice is probably 'Zeppo'!) - let her manically run about and toot her horn, it's all good. People do love her for that - doesn't mean she has to crack the one-liners, play the piano and sing the songs too. That's why you have 11 "Angels", or however many you have after this... Didn't do much with Chanel now, did you?

I still love Behati the most. I dare say all your prejudices have been confirmed regarding your favourites too. It's an exercise in futility to expect much else!

I adore you Baron... You only missed one part! They had to cater to the mentally challenged and name each segment in big bold letters across the top of the screen as it started. BALLET, SUPER ANGELS, AQUATIC ANGELS, I PUT A SPELL ON YOU, CLUB PINK.

Because these segments weren't so literal as to be self explanatory, here's our helping hand to you.

So whomever wants to kid themselves into believing that any of these models have even an ounce of the same prestige as the artists that performed their year they need to get they head checked.

This is what I think is harsh.

Saying we need to have our head checked because we enjoy the show for the models and not celebrity like other people. I think the models are better then the performers. I watch it for them. I didn't watch the show to see Kanye. It is an added bonus to get a cool performance but I prefer to see the models.

A lot of other people do too. The majority of people obviously watch it for hot chicks in lingerie and seeing celebrities perform. I know that. But you are basically saying that I and most other people on this forum should have our heads checked because we think the models are better then the celebrities and because I want to hope that other people out there do too. I know it isn't realistic. But sorry I'm optimistic.

So whomever wants to kid themselves into believing that any of these models have even an ounce of the same prestige as the artists that performed their year they need to get they head checked.

This is what I think is harsh.

Saying we need to have our head checked because we enjoy the show for the models and not celebrity like other people. I think the models are better then the performers. I watch it for them. I didn't watch the show to see Kanye. It is an added bonus to get a cool performance but I prefer to see the models.

A lot of other people do too. The majority of people obviously watch it for hot chicks in lingerie and seeing celebrities perform. I know that. But you are basically saying that I and most other people on this forum should have our heads checked because we think the models are better then the celebrities and because I want to hope that other people out there do too. I know it isn't realistic. But sorry I'm optimistic.

I never said you couldn't watch the show for the models, you're being entirely too sensitive about what was written. What I said was that the models are not on the same level on fame/prestige as the performing artists. You may have in fact watched the show for the girls, that's fine, but the vast majority of the viewers didn't. They are what brought the ratings. Stop being so sensitive and don't read into something that's not there.

In the end the company benefits no matter what. And all I said from the beginning was that this is a success and VS are gonna ride the wave as much as they can. Maybe I did read too much into what you said. It's not a crime to be offended but also you are able to express your own opinions. This is a forum after all :)

I'll post this is motion also but VS put up a 11 minute video of the show with all the girls walks. It also shows no blur on the butts haha. Enjoy.

http://vsallaccess.victoriassecret.com/201...-in-11-minutes/

Better yet: "You should definitely not judge what you're going to be by what you are as a kid. Because a whole lot changes." <Yes, Erin - that's called a nose-job.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I agree with K_Dub that 2005 was probably the apex of the VSFS.

But the show has really been in a rut since 2007. Used to be even in the weaker years a couple of the veterans still shone in at least a few segments and there were always 1-2 new girls who managed to steal the spotlight in one outfit or the other. But in recent years there is just not much that stands out. All the shows are interchangeable.

I know the reason for that. After 2005, there was a regime change at the VSFS. Alex de Betak and his creative team were out, and a new one came in.

That's why the music hasn't been the same and the casting choices are sometimes head-scratchers. Do you think Alex would cleared some of the girls they've had recently if he was still heading creative for the show? :whistle:

They kept the same music producer and various other productions folks...I see them every year in the backstage videos, but the creative tone of the show has changed...and if you ask me, it was probably CBS who ordered it. And since the ratings have been climbing, it was probably for the best for not only CBS, but VS and the continuation of the show to be aired.

However, I do miss the glory days of the show. 2002-2005 are classic viewing.

^

Just my superficial 2 cents...

They should just keep it simple & sexy just like 2005. Remove all the ridiculous garnishes and replace the lame musicians...and get exceptionally sexy women that are in lingerie shape & form. They should all have adequate busts and hips. Athletic tone. Hell, even if it's the same every year..it's still better than the current medley.

IMHO this current group of 'Angels' and many of the supporting cast don't pass muster. If I was on the selection board I'd never nominate most of them. Too many of the supporting models are excessively skinny high fashion runway girls. They look great clothed but not in lingerie. Adriana and Alessandra were great in 2005 but they're effectively mothers who are past their prime.

I read in this week's Barrons that the 2011show, effectively an advertisement, cost $13 million for Limited. The earlier shows were cheap- literally in the 500K range. That's chump change compared to VS's Franchise- operating income is the $1 Billion USD range.

So, they want to sell to the kiddies? Then they should get girls like Valerie over here to represent them :-D

valerievandergraaf03.jpg

OK - first things first, is everything in order? Checklist:

1. Random And Pointless (Pretend) 'Director' Voices? CHECK
  2. Cutting To Star-Studded Celebrity Audience At Innopportune Moments? CHECK
  3. Man Standing Up When His Girlfriend Walks Past? CHECK

Then - IT'S SHOWTIME!

Or is it?

They're still getting into costumes!

We gotta go!

^Will they make it?!?! Well, yes, since it's not live and there's no time-limit here really. I'm sure they are all ready, give or take a minute. I know fashion-shows are hectic and exciting. But this isnt a shuttle launch. Please calm down 'Pretend Director Voices'.

I don't know - was that opening classy or not? I kind of liked the understated approach, the soft music and elegant ballerinas. In that context Candice as the opener makes sense; her walk isn't bombastic, but that isnt necessarily a bad thing. It doesn't always have to be sturm und drang and ridiculous gesticulations with added face-pulling... That said, when the music kicked in it felt a bit flat, and it wasn't until Ale walked out that it felt in anyway "on target". Orlando stands up for Miranda.

Oh, oh, oh, shoe's gone!

Broken shoe, coming camera right...

^I don't know about you - but my heart leapt. Could the show carry on? I wasn't prepared. Nobody told us about this. Why weren't we told? WHY WEREN'T WE TOLD????

Nice to know Monica Mitro found Karlie Kloss isn't it. I'd never heard of her before either. This shy girl from Little Bumfuck, Missouri just wandered into castings off the street - but Monica saw something in her. Oh yes, she saw. She saw a ingenue who could pull off a disco-fart monstrosity like no other - and she put that girl on that stage. Mark my words, you'll all remember the name Karlie now. Thanks Monica. Thanks VS...

HAIRSPRAY?!?!

^My lawd, I don't know if I can take much more of this. My poor nerves - it's all so touch and go backstage...

Super-Buttons:

Joan's -

post-1004-0-1446069495-3514_thumb.jpg

post-1004-0-1446069495-41779_thumb.png

post-1004-0-1446069495-44571_thumb.png

post-1004-0-1446069495-46313_thumb.png

I quite liked the show. I think it was better than previous one. All the girls looked very pretty. Maybe there were prettier ones but It depends from taste of viewer. But I must say that the shows before 2005 were much better and more spectacular. I really liked the music. 4 me the best girls was Alessandra, Candice, but I really liked apperance of Adriana Lima, Lais, Erin Heatherton. I think that in movement Anja Rubik looked better that on photos, so all those complains about her were unnecessary.

I agree with K_Dub that 2005 was probably the apex of the VSFS.

But the show has really been in a rut since 2007. Used to be even in the weaker years a couple of the veterans still shone in at least a few segments and there were always 1-2 new girls who managed to steal the spotlight in one outfit or the other. But in recent years there is just not much that stands out. All the shows are interchangeable.

I know the reason for that. After 2005, there was a regime change at the VSFS. Alex de Betak and his creative team were out, and a new one came in.

That's why the music hasn't been the same and the casting choices are sometimes head-scratchers. Do you think Alex would cleared some of the girls they've had recently if he was still heading creative for the show? :whistle:

They kept the same music producer and various other productions folks...I see them every year in the backstage videos, but the creative tone of the show has changed...and if you ask me, it was probably CBS who ordered it. And since the ratings have been climbing, it was probably for the best for not only CBS, but VS and the continuation of the show to be aired.

However, I do miss the glory days of the show. 2002-2005 are classic viewing.

You have to take in consideration that 2005 was the last show for Tyra Banks(an "ORIGINAL" Angel, and QUEEN of the runway) Fernanda Tavares, and Naomi Campbell. Nobody since has had the presence, confidence, and swagger that Tyra had. Ed Mazek, the CMO of Victoria's Secret, was as far to compare her to MICHAEL JORDAN!!! :yes: It's a far comparison considering how groundbreaking she was, especially as a Black model. Her achievements, too many to name. Victoria's went on a fool's errand trying to replace her with Selita Ebanks. :whistle::cain: When u get compared to people like Jordan, they are saying you are "ONE OF A KIND", and Tyra was that. Eventually models get older and gotta retire, so after 2005, the VSFS kinda went to a transitional period. Matter of fact, the only girls left from the 2000 till now are Alessandra and Adriana. LAST OF THE MOHICANS.

Now for the reviews of the models of this year's fashion show:

Candice Swanepoel: She has pretty much the whole package to be included in the fashion show, but she shouldn't have opened. She not exotic looking enough, nor does she have the "WOW" factor that other models have.

Anja Rubik: She was just ok, even though that last outfit was :x. Plus, she could have showed more personality. She stayed stone faced, even in the Superhero section.

Lily Aldridge: Just walk girl, don't try to do too much. You can't do it like the rest.

Alessandra Ambrosio: She is always great. Just the right amount of emotion, personality, etc.

Chanel Iman: Almost an afterthought. This year, she was not memorable at all.

Doutzen Kroes: It was great to her back in the FS. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I love her muscles.

Toni Garrn: New girl. Kept it simple and sweet. Camera didn't give her much airtime, though.

Sui He: Another new girl. Seems like they just brought her in so Liu Wen wouldn't feel like the token Asian chick, yet they used her twice. Not really impressed.

Lais Ribeiro: Was my favorite new girl last year. She was pretty decent, blowing kisses and winking here and there.

Bregje Heinen: Third new girl. Just plainly walked back and forth on the runway each time. You're a new girl. Do something else so people will remember you. You're on the biggest fashion show.

Miranda Kerr: She's pretty much a veteran now, so she knows what to do, smile and look pretty. Short, sweet and simple.

Adriana Lima: At this point, I think people find her either amusing or annoying. I'm of the former. She really hams it up for the camera, and tries to the get crowd amped. LOTS of personality.

Lindsay Ellingson: Thought she was good. Pretty much kept it simple.

Shannan Click: Did they really have to use her again? She is one of most plainest girls Victoria's Secret has ever used.

Izabel Goulart: Another girl coming back into the fold. I always loved her smile and personality on the runway.

Karlie Kloss: Out of all the new girls, this is the one they decided to focus on? :confused:

Joan Smalls: Made her wear that stupid ass looking inner tube around her neck in the Superangels section. She was supposed to be superangel of the pool? Looked better the 2nd time.

Karmen Pedaru: She was one of the prettier new girls. Only appeared once, maybe she will be in future fashion shows.

Behati Prinsloo: She is definitely becoming one of the more popular angels. Very animated, and hamed it up for the camera in the Superangel section. Good stuff.

Erin Heatherton: Very pretty, and except for Adriana, is the most animated angel. Her outfits didn't give her a chance to be that animated as she was last year, though.

Maryna Linchuk: Uh, she was ok. Only got to see her once though. Doesn't give you much of a chance to stand out.

Lily Donaldson: She was decent looking. Pretty average, though.

Julia Stegner: She tried. However, I didn't find her face that attractive.

Flavia de Oliveira: This girl is new to Victoria's Secret? Now that is a girl you should focus on. Too bad they only showed her once.

Constance Jablonski: Pretty girl, and I loved her outfit, but so damn STOIC!!!

Caroline Winberg: Got damn, another blonde from your past shows? Seriously?!

Anne Vyalitsina: Seems like they brought her back because Maroon 5 was performing. The hand-holding and kiss on the cheek was sweet. Much better than the duet between Seal and Heidi.

Anais Mali: Well, at least they tried to add more color this year. Body was good, and liked her skin tone.

Toni Garrn: Average looking. Nuff said.

Emanuela De Paula: Oh, c'mon DUDE!!! You're bring a fine Brazilian like her and only use her once?

Cameron Russell: Pretty much an average looking brunette. Got big lips, though, so she is probably a good kisser.

Shanina Shaik: She was my favorite new girl. She should had been in the show more, and she is the new model they probably should have focused on. Then again, she's not american, and maybe she doesn't speak english that well.

Ieva Laguna: I did like her. Decent enough face, and definitely animated enough to be featured in the pink section.

Jessica Clarke: She was cute. Think she could have been more animated, but was animated enough.

Caroline Brasch Nielsen: WORST girl in the pink section. She tried to be animated, but her facial expression never changed.

Elsa Hosk: Hamed it up for the camera. An otherwise decent looking girl.

Jacquelyn Jablonski: Think she would have been better the 2nd time. Hardly showed emotion the the last minute. Did she realize it was the pink section?

Like I said, I liked it better than in years past. However, that might have been in part the the hip-hop theme the show had. Even some of the girls didn't impress me, most of the outfits did. Also, the inbetween things featured the angels were entertaining, especially the ones talking about the 1st ever fashion shows, and showing themselves as kids.