Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2011 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Wow it's amazing how everyone comes out of the woodwork around this time of the year and around SI time... o.0

Yep lol. I always do for VS. Not so much SI.

It might sound weird but around this time I always clear my schedule and stuff, so I can be here for VS. Escpecially on the day it airs. I make sure I'm free lol.

It has been really difficult to keep up with duties, I won't lie. I am around during the year. But I just don't post as much as I used to. I come on BZ all the time to check on stuff and see how everything is going. I just don't post as much.

Wow it's amazing how everyone comes out of the woodwork around this time of the year and around SI time... o.0

Nothing attracts people more than some T&A in small lingerie/bikinis :rofl:

LOL :)

toddthomasnyc Todd Thomas

@MirandaKerr looking knock out in first fitting for VS Show today. As gorge as ever.

OMG i thought KK was in the board! :o

SO 6 SEGMENTS!

opening first one Candice

the current angels are: Candice , Adriana , Ale , Doutzen , Miranda, lily , Erin, Behati (and Chanel i guess lol)

hopefully the openers gonna be Adriana , Doutzen , Ale , Miranda and Behati , i think this year Erin is not going to open a segment ( and the confirmed first opening with Candice, total 6) :)

Adriana & Alessandra for sure are opening segments & i think one of them will also close the show. Not so sure about Behati though, she always opened Pink before but Chanel is by far the main Pink face these days so it would make sense for her to open that segment this year

or Maybe Erin have the chance again ( she opened Game on , so Great!) if they use Miranda with the fantasy Bra like the first model in the FINALE , they done it with Rosie and Adriana in the finale ( great choice cause Rosie did not opened any segment last year).

The board that everyone seems to be freaking out over means absolutely nothing. They have that board every single year and on the board is "wish-list" of woman who they either WANT to walk (but might not be able to due to prior obligations but still hold out for)... or they are girls that are coming in for casting sometime within a day or two.

Let's reiterate once more for those people who are confused... the board means nada... zip... zilch...

Just because you see someone on the board doesn't mean they are going to casting and it doesn't mean they have the job *unless you're an angel of course* People need to stop jumping the gun. We'll find out who's walking when we find out...

& it looks like we won't find out until the very day of the show because without any PR thing with all the girls i don't see how else we're going to know, unless they post another picture of the actual definite board during the fittings, but that would be too much luck

I don't think Candice is the best out of the new Angels, Chanel is the only one out of the bunch who is actually a good spokesperson ... Being pretty isn't enough, Candice IMO sucks to death in interviews & that is pretty important these days. & im not even a Chanel fan, but girlfriend is the only one who has a shot at getting uberfamous there
I beg to differ.

To me it goes something like: Lily/Lindsay, Erin, Chanel/Candice. The first 3 are actually able to hold a conversation when shilling the product and make it sound (almost) natural. I think Chanel is perfect for events and stuff like that but memorizing lines and putting them in interviews, not so much.

and Anja Rubik is 100% confirmed, which is surprising as she claims she does not like walking the VSFS.

That girl annoys me so much. It's like she thinks she graces us with her presence at the show and that's the only reason she does the show :cain:

I just found this in TFS

------2011 VSFS CAST LIST------

Angels:

Adriana Lima

Alessandra Ambrosio

Behati Prinsloo

Candice Swanepoel (Opening Show)

Doutzen Kroes

Chanel Iman

Erin Heatherton

Lily Aldridge

Lindsay Ellingson

Miranda Kerr (Fantasy Bra)

Former Angels:

Izabel Goulart (reported in Brazilian media and Twitpic)

Selita Ebanks (per a comment on her Twitter but not on board)

Non-Angels:

Anne Vyalitsyna (reported to be in show, boyfriend is performing)

Bregje Heinen (bonaelamour)

Lily Donaldson (reported in British media that she is walking)

Magdalena Frackowiak (in promo picture)

Julia Stegner (reported in German media)

Karlie Kloss (Glamour)

Lais Ribeiro (bonaelamour)

Liu Wen (bonaelamour)

Maryna Linchuk (bonaelamour)

Shannan Click (bonaelamour)

Maybe:

Elsa Hosk (Tweet about exciting news)

-----OTHER DETAILS------

Musical Guests:

Cee Lo Green

Kanye West

Maroon 5

Taping Date:

November 9, 2011 at the 69th Street Armory in New York City

Air Date:

November 29, 2011 on CBS

and Anja Rubik is 100% confirmed, which is surprising as she claims she does not like walking the VSFS.

That girl annoys me so much. It's like she thinks she graces us with her presence at the show and that's the only reason she does the show :cain:

Why is that? She never actually said she thought that she was too could for the show. I have yet to see the interview where she supposedly said that she wasn't going to walk for them anymore.

I don't personally get her appeal myself. She is blatantly high fashion, her walk isn't memorable enough for me to take notice and her face falls in the same category. But, to be honest I have never been a fan, so me not agreeing with her casting shouldn't exactly be all that shocking.

I haven't seen the interview where she said she was to good for the runway, or in fact that she didn't want to walk for the show but I recall I think it was two years ago where she said that because of the runway show it was a "starve" day or something along those lines, which put me off of her even further. Especially considering the demographic and target audience the show is marketed to.

I don't think Candice is the best out of the new Angels, Chanel is the only one out of the bunch who is actually a good spokesperson ... Being pretty isn't enough, Candice IMO sucks to death in interviews & that is pretty important these days. & im not even a Chanel fan, but girlfriend is the only one who has a shot at getting uberfamous there
I beg to differ.

To me it goes something like: Lily/Lindsay, Erin, Chanel/Candice. The first 3 are actually able to hold a conversation when shilling the product and make it sound (almost) natural. I think Chanel is perfect for events and stuff like that but memorizing lines and putting them in interviews, not so much.

I hate models who feel that the best way to describe a perfume is "fun, sexy and flirty", or "sporty", or "fresh, breezy and soft". That doesn't tell me a damn thing, o.0 and yet they all do it with a few rare exceptions.