Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2011 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

^I posted that only a couple of pages ago, better quality too: http://www.bellazon.com/main/index.php?s=&...t&p=2716981! :whistle:

I agree. It sounds like it's set up for disappointment. Candice, i love her but she is quite boring. And she doesn't have oomph or excitement to her I can't see her effectively opening the show. Adri is my favorite but I'm level headed enough to acknowledge that she can't always open the show.
^As hopeful for the future as this makes me (with this promise of the existence of "level headed" Adriana fans! :shifty: ); unfortunately I have to disagree about Candice - I think she has possibly the best walk out of all the current "Angels". It doesn't need to have whistles and bells (or rather hearts and kissy-faces) to be strong and sexy. It's what made me notice her in 2007, and I'm hoping it'll be as purposeful as Gisele in 2005/2006 (albeit a different generation, which I'm sure we don't need to be reminded of again :sleep:)...

^I posted that only a couple of pages ago, better quality too: http://www.bellazon.com/main/index.php?s=&...t&p=2716981! :whistle:
I agree. It sounds like it's set up for disappointment. Candice, i love her but she is quite boring. And she doesn't have oomph or excitement to her I can't see her effectively opening the show. Adri is my favorite but I'm level headed enough to acknowledge that she can't always open the show.
^As hopeful for the future as this makes me (with this promise of the existence of "level headed" Adriana fans! :shifty: ); unfortunately I have to disagree about Candice - I think she has possibly the best walk out of all the current "Angels". It doesn't need to have whistles and bells (or rather hearts and kissy-faces) to be strong and sexy. It's what made me notice her in 2007, and I'm hoping it'll be as purposeful as Gisele in 2005/2006 (albeit a different generation, which I'm sure we don't need to be reminded of again :sleep:)...

In agree, For me, Candice and Doutzen have the strongest walks out of the current lineup. It really amazes me that some at tfs think Chanel does; it isn't bad, but it's nothing phenomenal :blink:

Coming directly from what the models have said:

6 different sections

Theme of the show is "show times"

Tutu ballet section

Kanye might be opening with Runaway (i.e why they were casting all the ballet dancers and they are having a ballet theme)

Candice definitely has 2 outfits

Erin has multiple outfits

http://models.com/oftheminute/?p=36918

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Not Walking in Victoria’s Secret Show

The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show is just days away, and we’re finding out more about which models are on the roster. One new revelation: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley won’t be hitting the runway when the show films November 9th. “I’m not walking this year,” she told InStyle.com exclusively at a Beverly Hills bash for Burberry Body. “I’m working that day.” However, the model-turned-actress has some tips for the girls who will grace the stage. “It’s all about confidence and state of mind,” said the 24-year-old Transformers star, who made her debut for VS in 2006. “Do whatever it takes to get to that place. I feel most comfortable when I’m filled with love.” As for managing the wings? “I used to really not like getting the big wings,” she explained. “It’s really tough, so hold on tight!”

http://news.instyle.com/2011/11/02/r...-fashion-show/ via michellabella on tfs

Jordan Dunn is also confirmed to Not be walking - Via twitter

Prettyphile- Thanks! Although I'm disappointed that the Angels will only get 2 outfits this year then :( OR is it possible that she might have more than 2? In the video it seemed like she was implying that there were only two. I can't see too many of the other girls getting 3 if Candice is getting 2. Except for maybe Ale and Adri. But I'm really doubting it. Ah this sucks!!!!

Everyone else that quoted/responded to me on her walk. Don't get me wrong, I love Candice. I love her BODY on the runway I think it's the best. But her walk for me is rather slow... I've never seen her give the type of energy I believe it requires to open the show. It doesn't have to be like Adri... where it's all playfulness and pointing, but maybe something more like Gisele. High energy. Solid. Strong. I really am behind Candice. I hope for the best, I just want her to give more than she has in the past.

It seems that the first segment will be Ballet themed if Kanye is performing in that one. So maybe her walk doesn't have to be oomphed, maybe it'll due.

I don't think Candice's walk is bad in a Lily-ish way but she is too slow, she isn't sexy/fierce like Gisele was when opening the show. Also didn't we have a ballet segment in 2008? I hated it, i hope they don't screw it again.

Also Izabel referred to her outfits so if Izabel is getting two I'm sure the Angels will get three, Candice could be getting two due to the fact that she is opening the show, Marisa wore the Fantasy Bra in 2009 but she only got two outfits, so maybe it's that? But we won't know if she has two or three until we see pictures anyways

hey i want to remind everyone that Adriana had a very strong and characteristic walk in 2000 and 2001 which made everyone sit up. she proved herself in 2002 and 2003. 2005 she incorporated cute(ish) acts with her walk and it worked but 06 onwards she kinda overdid it. :ermm:

the way I see it, candice can open as her walk last year in that metal looking floor sweeping outfit was strong and had dramatic pacing. Out of the new angels she is the best. She, with her awesome hips, also has a very characteristic walk.

i was rooting for doutzen who i adore and i do think her walk has a sultry quality to it that really draws me in but that may not be as suited for opening the show after rewatching. but hopefully she gets to open one segment? i miss doutzen's sweet flirty auro on the runway. :heart:

i hope candice surprises us all! And of course for the editing of the show to do her justice. i think the best openings of the show depended on the dramatic pacing of the videos and music that preceeded it. e.g. 2003, 2005 and 2008

I also like that this may lift the weight of the show off Adriana and allow her to return to her less OTT walk because she's actually BETTER without those actions. i actually think adriana has gone into "let's groom the next generation" mode and hopefully won't be OTT. Her body is 100% back now and with less OTT actions I hope she will get less flaming this year. :yes: :yes:

Who said Candice is only getting two? I think Pretty was saying at least 2! I guarantee you that the angels like Adriana, Ale, and Candice will get three outfits. Also it's been proven basically on TFS there are only 33-36 girls attending (which is normal) so the 50 thing has been shot to hell.

I agree on what you said about Adri. She used to be more serious and composed, until she figured out that she didn't have to be. I still adore her walks it's just that most can't pull them off.

I don't think Candice is bad. I just still think she'll need to up the energy. Is there anyone that can make a strong case that Candice is NOT the best out of the new angels? I mean I consider Ale, Dri, Doutzen, and Miranda not really to be the new generation of angels. so for me, out of Erin, Lily, Lindsay and the rest, is she the best? Of course. No contest. But I don't find Erin, Lily, or Lindsay to be all that amazing- so Candice being the best out of that bunch isn't saying much. I do think Candice is stunning I even prefer her body over ANY of the angels, but I'm just saying. Being the leader of the pack in terms of the new Angels...given what she's competing with. Not as difficult as having to compete with Doutzen, Ale, Dri, Miranda or even back in the day when they had Gisele, Izabel, KK, etc. Had Rosie been around... choosing between her and Candice would be difficult. But right now? Easily Candice.

I don't think Candice is the best out of the new Angels, Chanel is the only one out of the bunch who is actually a good spokesperson ... Being pretty isn't enough, Candice IMO sucks to death in interviews & that is pretty important these days. & im not even a Chanel fan, but girlfriend is the only one who has a shot at getting uberfamous there

I don't think Candice is the best out of the new Angels, Chanel is the only one out of the bunch who is actually a good spokesperson ... Being pretty isn't enough, Candice IMO sucks to death in interviews & that is pretty important these days. & im not even a Chanel fan, but girlfriend is the only one who has a shot at getting uberfamous there

Erin & Lily are fantastic. Much better then Chanel at being spokesmodels for the brand. Candice I won't lie isn't the best in interviews but damn her walk is divine. So sultry and strong. She doesn't blow or point. She just oozes sexuality and grace. I also think Erin is doing really well. I loved her opening for Game On last year.

Such a shame about KK but I'm sure what she is doing will be great for her and her career.

BTW hi guys :)

Wow it's amazing how everyone comes out of the woodwork around this time of the year and around SI time... o.0

And not quite sure how Carmen or Natasha is epic - both high fashion girls, neither overly curvy or classically pretty.. As for Oluchi - go back like 6 years and MAYBE it would have been great, as for now, she's just your typical... :idk: