Bellazon

Montana Cox
Thumbnail

istousi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Winning Australia's Next Top Model, becoming the new face of Betts For Her shoes, shooting a campaign for Witchery, and all while trying to finish high school.

"It's been really crazy. I finally finished my last exam last Monday," she said during her exclusive shoot with the Herald Sun.

Now that school is all wrapped up, her mother is happy, after numerous calls to Montana's new base in Sydney.

"Mum would be on my case on the phone saying 'You better be studying!' " she said.

So for this schoolie, now is the time to party.

The leggy model, who turned 18 in September, is already getting recognised when she goes out with friends.

"It's really weird, people come up and hug me," she laughs.

"They say, 'Congratulations on winning'."

While her mother is pleased to see her daughter finish school, Monty, as the model is known, can't wait to get to the Big Apple.

"My dream is to go to New York, I'd really like to make it overseas, walk in the big shows," she said.

A trip to spruik Montana to New York's modelling agencies is on the cards soon, and she hopes that she will strike another bit of good fortune there as well.

"I wouldn't mind if I found my own Mr Big there," she said.

post-44747-0-1446179573-04707_thumb.jpg

source: herald sun via pressreader

post-44747-0-1446179573-06265_thumb.jpg

www.facebook.com

Montana in OK! magazine AustraliaJanuary 9th 2012, Issue #289

Photos by Candice Lake

Interview by Kelli Armstrong

post-44747-0-1446179592-91681_thumb.jpg post-44747-0-1446179592-92845_thumb.jpg

The interview reads:

Australia's Next Top Model winner Montana Cox returned to her old stomping ground in melbourne to shoot her first ever campaign for Betts For Her. The 18 year old beauty whose next stop is New York let OK! tag along on her next big shoot.

How Excited were you to land a campaign?

I was really excited to land it because it's my first campaign and it was shot in Melbourne!

It must be a different experience being back in your hometown, modelling on Chapal Street...

Totally. It's really weird how my life has changed in the past few months- its been a big whirlwind.

Who did yo admire while growing up?

I've always loved Miranda Kerr. I had this big album of her on my computer.

Speaking of Miranda, there's been some buzz about you giving her a run for her money...

Ohh... big shoes to fill there! I don't know about that, but it's pretty cool to be judged next to her. Miranda's one of Australia's biggest supermodels, and to be working with her would be amazing.

What are your plans for the New Year?

I think I'l head to New York in January- I want to be there as soon as possible. It's the place to be!

Will your suitcase be full of Betts heels?

Definitely. I'll have my Betts heels ready to hit the big apple!

source: scanned by glossypages from OK!

post-44747-0-1446179592-94382_thumb.jpg

post-44747-0-1446179592-95854_thumb.jpg

Model: Montana Cox

Magazine: OK! January 2012

post-44747-0-1446179592-97257_thumb.jpg

David Jones campaign with Miranda Kerr & Samantha Harris

post-44747-0-1446179674-33277_thumb.jpg

HOT young thing Montana Cox will star alongside Miranda Kerr and Samantha Harris in the coming autumn-winter campaign for David Jones.

The signing follows a whirlwind year for Cox, 18, who recently won Australia's Next Top Model. For now, she is trying to focus on her VCE exams. Cox is studying literature, studio art, media, physical education and business management.

"It's been hard trying to find a medium with studies and modelling," she said. However, she knows the David Jones campaign is a fast-track to the big time.

"I haven't met Miranda yet, but I'll be so starstruck when I do. She is beautiful."

source: herald sun

post-44747-0-1446179674-34112_thumb.jpg

WATCH out Miranda Kerr! Hot young thing Montana Cox plans to give you a run for your money on the David Jones catwalk. The 20-year-old, who won this year's Australia's Next Top Model title, has been scooped up by the department store and will star as its face for the 2012 autumn/winter campaign alongside Kerr and fellow ambassador Samantha Harris.

Cox said the catwalks of New York, Milan and Paris were on her radar, but scoring work with the national department store - which it's important to note was a sponsor of ANTM - was an amazing first step.

"If I can make it overseas and do high fashion I'd love to walk for Chanel, but I'm very, very content with David Jones," she said, adding that if they offered her a more permanent position she would take it up in a heartbeat.

Cox also quashed whispers of a romance with Erin McNaught's ex Nathan Jolliffe.

She confirmed she had been out to dinner with him but said the rumours were unfounded.

"We just went out as friends, and then there was a story saying we're in love," she said.

The Melbourne model will move to Sydney soon.

Source: Daily Telegraph

Montana is New York bound

post-44747-0-1446179687-6354_thumb.jpg

AUSTRALIA'S Next Top Model winner Montana Cox is heading back to New York next month, after generating an enormous amount of interest in her visit last year.

"I'm heading back in February," she said.

"I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I'm really excited."

heraldsun.com.au