Bellazon

Tyra Banks
Thumbnail

dcrim

BANKS FIGHTS BACK TEARS AS SHE ATTACKS THE FAT POLICE

LATEST: Retired supermodel TYRA BANKS fought back angry tears on her US TV talk show yesterday (01FEB07) as she addressed hurtful reports she'd gained 40 pounds (18.1 kilograms). The former catwalk stunner introduced her show wearing the same one-piece bathing suit she was snapped in during an Australian winter vacation. The unflattering shot sparked publications around the globe to poke fun at a supposed weight problem. Banks told viewers she had not gained 40 pounds, as reported, and she felt journalists who had turned her into a laughing stock should be ashamed of themselves. She stated, "I did not gain 40 pounds in two months (as reported) because that's not healthy." And then she snapped and, holding back tears, she snarled, "I have one thing to say to you: 'Kiss my fat ass.'" After the hard-hitting show, Banks said, "This is my call to action for all media to join me in promoting healthy body images and be responsible in recognising that their negative words and photographs have a lasting impact on young women."

02/02/2007 03:28

I say Good for her. She is nowhere near fat. What is with the media being so

meanspirited??

is this all just because she has gained some weight??????? :o :o :dontgetit: I can´t perceive, I..don´t get it, what´s wrong...? What´s wrong when somebody gain some weight..?? It´s a reason to shoot her or what..? I mean, damn, it´s HER life, it´s HER body, she can do anything she wants with it, why shouldn´t she?? This is freaky, really...it´s not normal when people bother about somebody´s weight and don´t bother about killing people in arabian countries e.g. :o

where the hell are we living???????

I´m pissed off to HELL!!

media is just OBSESSED with stick thin girls like Hana and Vlada which I think are totally disgusting.

I agree, The media is just slow to what they are doing, really thin girls is just bleck, Not pretty at all.

I think it's ironic. The media wants all the girls to be a certain BMI, be "healthy" and gain, but when someone finally does they get PICKED on by the media! It's pathetic; they need to make up their mind on what they want.

Mee too me too!

I love Tyra she really tries to help people on her talk show and she's really smart and wise and so on , she's an amazing person.

And the media will ALWAYS pick on celebs about the smallest thing. It's not becouse she gained weight , it's becouse they didn't have anything else to write about they noticed a slight change and made that absurd up that she gained 40 punds. It's radicilous.Doesn'tmutter if anybody gains or loses weght they're still going to write about it and put it on the cover and make huge deal about it.

Every fucking week there's a cover of magazines like Us , Life & style & etc that has a cover that is about anorexic stars , every week , same thing over and over again it's radicilous & it pisses me off.