Bellazon

Anh Duong
Thumbnail

spiral

Her bio from Wikipedia:

Anh Duong (born October 25, 1960) is a French-born actress and model born to a Spanish mother and a Vietnamese father. She studied dance and became a top supermodel, working for Vogue, Christian Lacroix, and John Galliano, among others. In 1988, she moved to New York and began a career as an artist. As an actress, her credits include My Best Friend's Wedding, High Art, Love Me and Scent of a Woman. About Duong, Diane von Furstenberg "Ahn Duong is an extraordinary painter and sculptor... she is also one of my very best friends. I admire her strength, her beauty and most of all her talent." In 2006 she married architect and co-owner of Prague Kolektiv, Barton Quillen in a ceremony in the Hamptons. She wore a dress designed for her by Christian Lacroix. Her work can be seen at Galerie Jerome de Noirmont.

She was born in 1960 in Bordeaux, France, and currently lives and works in New York. For several years already, Anh Duong has become a recognized painter on the New York artistic scene. Forgetting the subject to focus on the technical painting itself, Anh Duong only works the portrait, and mostly the self-portrait: that she used to paint everyday as a diary. With no concession to herself, her art could remind us of the works of Egon Schiele or the spirit of Frida Kahlo. During spring 1999, the Galerie Jérôme de Noirmont presented her very first solo exhibition dedicated to her self-portraits (with more than 65 works), thus consecrating ten years of creation, from 1989 to 1999.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...