Bellazon

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Cult Icon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
^^

but who said this is only gonna be a trilogy?

I think nolan said so himself..III will be the end of the 'story'. :]

From what I understand, plans for a Spider-Man style reboot are already in the offing, so it's probably safe to assume that this will be the last Batman movie Nolan does.

So what's the general consensus on Anne Hathaway as Catwoman?

^^

but who said this is only gonna be a trilogy?

I think nolan said so himself..III will be the end of the 'story'. :]

From what I understand, plans for a Spider-Man style reboot are already in the offing, so it's probably safe to assume that this will be the last Batman movie Nolan does.

So what's the general consensus on Anne Hathaway as Catwoman?

I'm really not sure, the film hasn't come out yet, LOL :Dinah:

I had no idea that they're re-booting Batman again!

Scheduled for 2015, apparently - I believe it's with a view to the eventual release of a Justice League movie, though it does seem kind of odd for Warner Bros to be discussing a reboot of a franchise when the final part of it's current arc isn't even out yet. Perhaps they're keeping their options open in case Nolan decides to return for a fourth installment.

• 3 weeks later...

Scheduled for 2015, apparently - I believe it's with a view to the eventual release of a Justice League movie, though it does seem kind of odd for Warner Bros to be discussing a reboot of a franchise when the final part of it's current arc isn't even out yet. Perhaps they're keeping their options open in case Nolan decides to return for a fourth installment.

Thanks, that is interesting news.

----

I finally got a chance to read part of my copy of "The Long halloween". It's very obvious to me now that Nolan created "The Dark Knight" out of this text:

unledijc.png

it's also the best Batman comic I've ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...

^The Batman universe isn't one that I'm especially educated in but I do enjoy a good graphic novel from time to time, and was a big fan of Frank Miller's interpretation as well as Grant Morrison's 'Arkham Asylum' stories. This one looks rather interesting too. :)

I'm not sure if I'm in favour of the reboot - I guess it would have to depend on whether they feel the need to re-start the story again from scratch. I mean, I've no desire to see the Batman franchise lying dormant and it might be intriguing to see a different director's take on the material, but the knowledge that I'll need to sit through the introductory 'Bruce Wayne becomes Batman' stuff again (when it's all relatively fresh in my mind) puts me off the idea somewhat.

• 2 weeks later...
I liked 'Batman Begins'. It wouldn't be easy for them to top that.

I think Nolan's versions are Notorious and Amazing. I never thought the Batman movie franchise would ever be THAT good.

I think he did a good job making this concept believable and more realistic. It is rather easy to screw up a 2 hour bildungsroman about a superhero in tights- but he didn't :-)

• 5 weeks later...

does that make 4 from Nolan's Inception (i luv Marion Cotillard)? 1:56-1:59 has to be right up there as the most powerful two notes played by an orchestra, lol. Thanks for the trailer...i dunno if i like seeing Batman fight in broad daylight, realistic though it may be...probably another 'complaint' of my Dad that the writers heard, just like they changed Batman's costume so he could turn his head. Shut up DAD, lol!!

^

Oh, yea, Nolan likes working with the same crew.

2005 Batman Begins

2006 The Prestige

2008 The Dark Knight

2010 Inception

2012 The Dark Knight Rises

Okay, so I saw the vague yet slightly cliche' 6-minute 'Dark Knight Rises Prologue..'. It's honestly not a very exciting bit of the film but I will be there.

Here's the script:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-dark-knig...-banes-dialogue

Bane's mumbling: Dubba dubba dubba...bzaba burba

• 1 month later...