Bellazon

Problems and Suggestions for BZ - Post Here

Joe > Average

2 hours ago, Kane said:

I'm also experiencing the jumping effect with the lazy loading 

I guess the issue is that the image element size changes as the image loads? where as on instagram / pinterest etc the elements are already loaded, and then updated as the image becomes available so there is no jumping effect. Could you create a 'dummy' image element which is filled with a 1x1 pixel image stretched to whatever the default portrait / horizontal image sizes are and then just replace that image as the actual image becomes available?  

Yup that is why you are experiencing the "jumping" and why once the image rebuilds finish it should stop. Right now its getting the image sizes and then will create the appropriate sized box so it doesnt jump all over the place. Hopefully by tomorrow it will finish up. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.46.33 PM.png

Hi guys,

I've noticed you've recently added a script so the content doesn't load before one scrolls down the page. There are many ways to do this well but you unfortunately didn't. I like to browse pages fast, as a lot of us I'm sure do but now I need to wait every time I go down the page and often come back realizing half the pictures actually didn't download.

This makes is rather frustrating experience. I'm sure I'm not alone here.

Can you please find another solution or get rid of this script? There are so many ways to save the traffic without sacrificing UX.

Thank you!

15 hours ago, Kane said:

I'm also experiencing the jumping effect with the lazy loading 

I guess the issue is that the image element size changes as the image loads? where as on instagram / pinterest etc the elements are already loaded, and then updated as the image becomes available so there is no jumping effect. Could you create a 'dummy' image element which is filled with a 1x1 pixel image stretched to whatever the default portrait / horizontal image sizes are and then just replace that image as the actual image becomes available?  

On 2/21/2019 at 4:23 AM, Schemer said:

I don't know what "lazy loading" is but is that when I'm scrolling the page and the page is loading live? Because it's glitchy and page keeps jumping up and down while loading content. It happens literally on every page that's heavy with content.

At 90% rebuild. I will keep an eye out. 

2 hours ago, Howaboutlalala said:

Hi guys,

I've noticed you've recently added a script so the content doesn't load before one scrolls down the page. There are many ways to do this well but you unfortunately didn't. I like to browse pages fast, as a lot of us I'm sure do but now I need to wait every time I go down the page and often come back realizing half the pictures actually didn't download.

Can you please find another solution or get rid of this script? There are so many ways to save the traffic without sacrificing UX.

Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback. We are waiting for the script to finish to see how it behaves and what impact it has on load times and what not which are very important from a search engine rating stand point. We will make a decision after a week or two with the new system in place so we have some solid numbers to compare with. 

47 minutes ago, maddog107 said:

Thanks for the feedback. We are waiting for the script to finish to see how it behaves and what impact it has on load times and what not which are very important from a search engine rating stand point. We will make a decision after a week or two with the new system in place so we have some solid numbers to compare with. 

Thank you!

22 hours ago, Howaboutlalala said:

Hi guys,

Thank you!

+1

13 hours ago, Charlie's Alter Ego said:

Deleted. You can just send us the user and one example and we can delete all their threads automatically so you dont have to waste time finding the links. Thanks :flower:

@Howaboutlalala @specdude @Grievous

I got this from the dev:

Unfortunately, when scrolling through I am not seeing anything immediately wrong. Once I scroll to a point, the images are loading and loading quickly at that. 

Is this user using a mobile device when experiencing this? Getting detailed information about the device and browser will help us better investigate this issue.

I have a fast connection so I cannot really reproduce the issue either. Can one of you (or both) provide the threads where it happens and what browser its happening on? If you could make a video that would be incredible. Thanks :flower:

I gave them these threads to test on.

https://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/59754-gigi-hadid/page/201/?tab=comments#comment-4674216

https://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/26606-gigi-paris/page/426/

https://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/7310-elsa-hosk/page/676/?tab=comments#comment-4764455

https://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/53277-lorena-rae/page/179/?tab=comments#comment-4774489

1 minute ago, Charlie's Alter Ego said:

I realized your video-uploads are all .mov files, you can rename the file-ending from example_720.mov to example_720.mp4

and the video will work just fine and it will be (embeddable) / playable on BZ :)

no problem, i'll do that for all future uploads for sure. 

5 hours ago, Kane said:

@maddog107 here's a screen recording, you can see it gets pretty bad on the last page. Also, if you guys get this lazy loading working nicely, could we apply it to IG embeds? IG embeds have always caused this jumping effect for me. 

example_720.mov 53.75 MB · 0 downloads  

i'm running macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.6), using Safari (12.0.1)

Thank you, I have forwarded your movie to the devs. 

Can you link me to an IG embed?