Bellazon

Problems and Suggestions for BZ - Post Here

Joe > Average

2 hours ago, maddog107 said:

Unrelated, are you setting your posts as NSFW? I am wondering why they are all getting flagged or if there is a bug in the NSFW system. Let me know, thanks. 

Yes I do and no bug regarding my posts. Although there is a NSFW button bug in PMs. When I hit the button in a PM it does a double post...(maybe remove the button in PMs not really necessary there, is it?)

I put a lot of time and effort in collecting big sets of images, I always check for the best quality available, browsing through hundreds of catalog pages altering links to find the not resized originals and put them on here as a collection. Unfortunately I have come to realize that these painstakingly collected sets get uploaded on other sites with a freaking watermark on them and no credit from where they have it. To decrease this kind of "theft" I flag every post of me as NSFW so non BZ users can't access those sets.

In other forums you can't see any post if you are not a member of this said forum... (might be an option for BZ too?)

This is the reason I flag my posts as NSFW.

2 hours ago, maddog107 said:

Also @Charlie's Alter Ego even if the size is smaller its not necessarily noticeable by the human eye. Can you compare both images side by side and see if you can notice a difference? As mentioned previously its always been at 90% and no one has said anything because its not really noticeable.

Depending on the pixel density you can see some softening in lower res images. 

Well I remember having tested this before and the size didn't change, that's why I was able to put some kind of "watermark" into the metadata of every image because of the above mentioned reason. When I uploaded an image and redownloaded it, the "watermark" was still in tact, but not anymore. (see examples below)

Before uploading to BZ

01.thumb.png.f3474b137739e258711ac52d852131f4.png

After downloading from BZ

02.thumb.png.6a98b3a4b2342c0579761c211a882a66.png

I'd really like to make some suggestions regarding some problems/issues on BZ that might improve the forums experience.

-not being able to edit older posts 7+ days while everything posted within this 7 days can be deleted.

+being able to edit older posts 7+ days again while you can only edit a certain number of posts within a given time frame (resets after time frame is closed)

-user creating topics that already exist 

+autocomplete topic title with already existing topics like the @ sign for users

-user posting images with NO information (therefore not searchable resulting in double posts)

+tags for posts like tags for topics beneath every editor "for the lazy users"

(previously used tags will be shown, new ones can be added and the topic can be searched by them)  tags.jpg.de1918a5bdd752378d2206a18972c7e3.jpg

-new video feature has no width nor height limit resulting vertical videos (Instagram stories) to exceed the screen so they are not completely visible

+set a max height for the video feature i.e. like the embedded youtube and vimeo videos have to prevent obnoxiously large videos and endless scrolling.

These would be very detailed with images etc. and will take some time to present properly.

But I don't know if these will be taken into serious consideration. So I don't know if I should make the effort writing these problems and solutions/suggestions down because they might be taken as "nonsense"...

let me know if these kind of suggestions are not too crazy and I will provide more details to those "solutions" thank you :)

18 minutes ago, maddog107 said:

@Charlie's Alter Ego are you storing it in the metadata or somewhere else? And I would assume if its somewhere else then when ImageMagick compresses it the data is wiped. But we have always used ImageMagick since the very beginning of this forum (10+years)

I concatenate the jpg/png with a txt file. I don't really know if that counts as meta data. When you drag the image into a text editor you would see then my "watermark" at the very end of the cryptic text.

I'm pretty sure that worked before

Edited by Charlie's Alter Ego

2 hours ago, Sanni said:

I get “502 Bad Gateway” message often ever since the update.

I was having some issues with the server to upgrade some components this afternoon, so for 3-4 hours you would get those messages. Should be all better now, sorry about that :flower:

2 hours ago, Grievous said:

Did anyone else comment on the search function?  It used to default to search just the thread you were in. Now it automatically goes to the advanced settings. Can it be changed back?

I noticed that today, normally it should show you a little filter so you can select where you want to search. I will see what I can do. 

3 minutes ago, shivappaaa said:

Hi,

I could no longer see my followed content recently. In an effort to fix this, I changed themes (while logged in). I went from Default (4.2) to BZ Default. When logged in, I can no longer get back to the original theme. Does anyone know how  I can revert to the original theme when logged in. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks