Bellazon

Problems and Suggestions for BZ - Post Here

Joe > Average

We are doing a rebuild of all thumbnails right now, this shouldnt have affected the avatars but maybe :idk: Most of your moving avatars look ok to me. You may want to try to reupload them though. We are on 800k of like 2 million attachments (been running 24h+ now).

I usually use an imagehost for my avis, but now I uploaded the thing to BZ (limit is 5MB right?) and it seems to work now ...

EDIT: Had to reupload it again to make it work.

Edited by CarMELita

I 'm noticing that after the Forum new layout,some names of celebrity threads changed weirdly

as example

Mónica Cruz now -for Monica Cruz

Jessica Paré now - for Jessica Pare

Bérénice Bejo now- for Berenice Bejo

and several others

How could this be reported to be returned to its actual,right name?

Yes I am aware of that issue. We should be able to fix it.

it's super annoying the board can't handle accents from other language than English. It was like that before the upgrade and now it's even worse.

Unfortunantly the world moved away from ISO -> UTF8 and broke a bunch of things in the process. Anyways accents on all new things should be fine should they not?

--------------------------------

Testing

The orthographies of some languages include devices for indicating the position of lexcial stress. Some examples are listed below.

• In Modern Greek, all polysyllables are written with an acute accent over the vowel in the stressed syllable. (The acute accent is also used on some monosyllables in order to distinguish homographs, as in η ("the") and ή ("or"); here the stress of the two words is the same.)
  • In Spanish orthography, stress may be written explicitly with a single acute accent on a vowel. Stressed antepenultimate syllables are always written with this accent mark, as in árabe. If the last syllable is stressed, the accent mark is used if the word ends in the letters n, s, or a vowel, as in está. If the penultimate syllable is stressed, the accent is used if the word ends in any other letter, as in cárcel. That is, if a word is written without an accent mark, the stress is on the penult if the last letter is a vowel, n, or s, but on the final syllable if the word ends in any other letter. However as in Greek, the acute accent is also used for some words to distinguish various syntactical uses (e.g. "tea" vs. te a form of the pronoun ; dónde "where" as a pronoun or wh-complement, donde "where" as an adverb).

Though not part of normal orthography, a number of devices exist that are used by linguists and others to indicate the position of stress (and syllabification in some cases) when it is desirable to do so. Some of these are listed here.

• In the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA), primary stress is indicated by a high vertical line before the syllable, secondary stress by a low vertical line. Example: [sɪˌlæbəfɪˈkeɪʃən] or /sɪˌlæbəfɪˈkeɪʃən/. Extra stress can be indicated by doubling the symbol: ˈˈ◌.
  • Linguists frequently mark primary stress with an acute accent over the vowel, and secondary stress by a grave accent. Example: [sɪlæ̀bəfɪkéɪʃən] or /sɪlæ̀bəfɪkéɪʃən/. This has the advantage that it does not require a decision about syllable boundaries.
  • In English dictionaries that show pronunciation by respelling, stress is typically marked with a prime mark placed after the stressed syllable: /si-lab′-ə-fi-kay′-shən/.
  • In ad hoc pronunciation guides, stress is often indicated using a combination of bold text and capital letters. Example: si-lab-if-i-KAY-shun or si-LAB-if-i-KAY-shun
  • In Russian and Ukrainian dictionaries, stress is indicated with an acute accent (´) on a syllable's vowel (example: вимовля́ння) or, in other editions, an apostrophe[6] just after it (example: гла'сная). Stressing is rare in general texts, but is still used when necessary: compare за́мок (castle) and замо́к (lock).
  • In Dutch, ad hoc indication of stress is usually marked by an acute accent on the vowel (or, in the case of a diphthong or double vowel, the first two vowels) of the stressed syllable. Compare achterúítgang (deterioration) andáchteruitgang (back exit).

Compare to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_(linguistics)#Spelling_and_notation_for_stress

^ From my perspective that is "close enough", 90% of the things I checked looked ok. Since its a english forum if some crazy IPA language is ever so slightly off, I think we will be fine.

I 'm noticing that after the Forum new layout,some names of celebrity threads changed weirdly

as example

and several others

I changed some things and it looks better:

http://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/8892-monica-cruz/

http://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/7265-jessica-pare

http://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/7575-berenice-bejo/

Uhm, is it just me or is something wrong with the moving avatars? They seem to be frozen in midth?

At first I thought I made a mistake while uploading it, but then I realised it happens with the other avis, too! :unsure:

Everyone the thumbnail generation has completed. Can you please upload again and see if the issue goes away? Sorry for the inconvenience :flower:

^ From my perspective that is "close enough", 90% of the things I checked looked ok. Since its a english forum if some crazy IPA language is ever so slightly off, I think we will be fine.

as example

and several others

I changed some things and it looks better:

http://www.bellazon....92-monica-cruz/

http://www.bellazon....65-jessica-pare

http://www.bellazon....-berenice-bejo/

thanx maddog

Can we help with this if we report other thread names with same issue in change the name of a topic thread?,noneed for accent if hard,just in English.

I didn't actually change anything by hand, I just changed the encoding type on the Web page. Anyways let's wait until I get the emotions fixed as I will be running an special characters fix at the same time. after that you can report anything that is still broken. Thanks