Bellazon

Problems and Suggestions for BZ - Post Here

Joe > Average

1 hour ago, peroxideblonde said:

desktop

how i see it / how it should look like

stamp.png

maybe i just need to re upload the gif?

Sure try reuploading it. In the future we are going to run everything through gyfcat which makes it into HTML5 video (much smaller size) but I have not seen any degradation in quality. Please send me the gif and I can run it through and we can compare the two. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, maddog107 said:

Sure try reuploading it. In the future we are going to run everything through gyfcat which makes it into HTML5 video (much smaller size) but I have not seen any degradation in quality. Please send me the gif and I can run it through and we can compare the two. Thanks. 

uploaded again and it worked!

Let me begin by saying, I really like this site. I probably visit Bellazon everyday—multiple times a day—but I rarely log in; most of my visits are quick check-ins between doing one thing or another in the real world.

After several weeks of trying to like them—hoping they'd grow on me—I've instead grown to hate the model/actress/athlete/etc. thumbnails. I get the concept, but, as implemented, they just get in my way—and they do seem to bog down page loads from time to time on mobile.

I tend to follow certain models, actresses, athletes, etc. I know their names. So it's their names I look for—not their thumbnails. I've actually been trying to ignore the thumbnails lately.

Maybe if the thumbnails were smaller and consistently shaped and oriented—maybe if they were (black and white) headshots—I wouldn't mind them so much.

But, man, have I grown to hate them.

I'd love it if you guys made turning them off an option for guests and the not-logged-in.

I'd probably do a little dance if they disappeared entirely.

5 hours ago, C.B. said:

Let me begin by saying, I really like this site. I probably visit Bellazon everyday—multiple times a day—but I rarely log in; most of my visits are quick check-ins between doing one thing or another in the real world.

After several weeks of trying to like them—hoping they'd grow on me—I've instead grown to hate the model/actress/athlete/etc. thumbnails. I get the concept, but, as implemented, they just get in my way—and they do seem to bog down page loads from time to time on mobile.

I tend to follow certain models, actresses, athletes, etc. I know their names. So it's their names I look for—not their thumbnails. I've actually been trying to ignore the thumbnails lately.

Maybe if the thumbnails were smaller and consistently shaped and oriented—maybe if they were (black and white) headshots—I wouldn't mind them so much.

But, man, have I grown to hate them.

I'd love it if you guys made turning them off an option for guests and the not-logged-in.

I'd probably do a little dance if they disappeared entirely.

There is a script running in the background that detects faces and is cropping just the face. So very soon it will be only faces and all the same size (well as much as a robot can do anyways, then us humans will need to fix the rest).

And as you know that if you are logged in you can disable them permanently. Just check "remember me" and that way whenever you browse to BZ it will keep you logged in. 

Is there a reason you dont want to stay logged in? Unfortunately its a difficult problem to track guests and give them options similar to members. 

On 4/15/2017 at 11:42 AM, toodarnhot said:

I use the site on my phone a lot, and if I'm listening to music or a podcast, BZ seems to stop my music. I think it's tied into the notification system possibly? I'm just wondering if there's a setting I can toggle off to stop this. 

Don't mean to pester you, but has this been looked into? :smile: It's still happening to me.