Bellazon

Models - Before & After Make-up

And it's also depends of all many hours they sleep the night before? For the Vuitton fashion show (the pictures u posted ABBFabs) those pictures were taken at dawn so they look all really tired and puffy! :laugh:

Laetitia

no make up

600fulllaeiacasta.jpg Puffy at Vuitton!

sansre2ti.jpg not puffy!

make up - tried to post something with no photoshop

laeiacasta02.jpg

to me she looks gorgeous with or without make-up. Except on that Vuitton one! :laugh:

And it's also depends of all many hours they sleep the night before? For the Vuitton fashion show (the pictures u posted ABBFabs) those pictures were taken at dawn so they look all really tired and puffy! :laugh:

Laetitia

no make up

600fulllaeiacasta.jpg Puffy at Vuitton!

sansre2ti.jpg not puffy!

make up - tried to post something with no photoshop

laeiacasta02.jpg

to me she looks gorgeous with or without make-up. Except on that Vuitton one! :laugh:

Thanks for Laetitia's pics, I wondered why all of these models who normally look great without make-up looked puffy and well not amazing without their make-up :p now I know its cos they were up so early :) She does look great without make-up though :ninja: and thanks for posting pics without photoshop, we get a better idea of how much make-up can alter a person's appearance without retouching which I find interesting :)

The "puffyness" may also be an optical illusion, Kiki :)

When you pull your hair back, the eyes tend to gravitate towards the cheekbones :)

And Rosie has huge lips!

but on the Laetitia picture u can clearly see how red her eyes are with tiredness (she is not the only one on those Vuitton pictures). I must admit that I don't like this picture at all but models are also humans (really? :laugh: ) and they sometimes look shitty! & Laetitia looks so beautiful in real and with zero make-up so i forgive her.

& Emily Didonato :heart: she is so young and she has the perfect skin. It's so unfair for the "older" models around her :laugh:

but on the Laetitia picture u can clearly see how red her eyes are with tiredness (she is not the only one on those Vuitton pictures). I must admit that I don't like this picture at all but models are also humans (really? :laugh: ) and they sometimes look shitty! & Laetitia looks so beautiful in real and with zero make-up so i forgive her.

& Emily Didonato :heart: she is so young and she has the perfect skin. It's so unfair for the "older" models around her :laugh:

Oh, I agree Miss Kiki :) It is indeed quite a change...since we usually see these women in the most striking clothes and the most professional make-up.

And I find it funny to see models with acne and so forth, he he..

It is interesting and I do speculate. I look more closely at the photographs and I believe that the cameraman has purposely adjusted the lenses to make the models look more plain. I don't know photography, but the nose area seems to be enlarged and the faces seem to be purposely narrowed. Their hair, is of course...pulled back in the most unflattering manner possible :p

http://thelovemagazineblog.files.wordpress...itton-heads.jpg

20100429vuittonheads.jpg

To me this picture says: the models with sunglasses & make up are the vain ones! :laugh:

They are so many models i don't like (Not especially on this picture but in general) but if they are models if because they have that "something special". There was a -blessed- time when models were actually beautiful with or without make-up and without photoshop. To meet Claudia Schiffer or Cindy Crawford or Laetitia was a close encounters of the third kind for me :blink: (back in the 90's) they were just breathtaking beautiful. What u were seeing on magazines was the truth. "What u see is what u get!" :laugh:

Today I think it's different, most of the famous models are of course extremely pretty but for some of them the make-up and the digital retouching are their best friends. I maybe going to sound silly but for me a model must be more beautiful than the the pretty girl in the street we look because we think she is lovely. And that's not the case for A LOT of models today. I see so much more beautiful girls in the street (or in my own family) than in the magazines. And the OVER use of photoshop make me think that "Ah! Lara Stone is a freak! I knew it!" but I have enough common sense to know she is surely more beautiful in the flesh even if I don't really like her. The" ideal" of beauty is completely distorted because of digital retouching & it's totally human to think models are only beautiful with make-up and a good light & a good photographer & PS... (as I previously said some famous models really need it IMO)

But we know it's not always true! We like to watch these "no make up"pictures because it makes us feel better about ourself

"Good God! Is that Catherine McNeil?" I look so much better on my ID picture!" :laugh: But... now that I think about it, i do not have her "cat eyes" & her amazing bone structure! :pinch: Models are supposed to be perfect (and according to the among of fanatics fans) some of them are. But they are not.

If i talk too much let me know and I'll shut up! (well not really :p )