Bellazon

The Reef

Prettyphile

Release Date: July 19, 2011

Director: Andrew Traucki

Writer: Andrew Traucki

Starring: Damian Walshe-Howling, Zoe Naylor, Gyton Grantley, Adrienne Pickering, Kieran Darcy-Smith

Studio: Image Entertainment

A New Shark Attack in 'The Reef

Mysterious Light & Prodigy Movies production of psychological thriller The Reef has commenced pre-production at Sydney

Everything in the movie would be top notch if it wasn't for the long scenes of waiting for something to happen. Movie-suspense rocks my world... if done correctly. However, what Traucky does is build is up for something big and then fails to deliver. The first time it was ok, but then he does it again... and again. Same suspense, same lack of payoff. And here's the worst part, when we finally do get that payoff, it's not worth all the waiting around we did for it. We get a quick splash, a cut-off scream, and then nothing.

lol The entire time all I wanted was for that shark to grab ahold of someone's torso and rip him to pieces! But alas, no such luck.

The movie was well done though, some very stunning open water shots, the reef scenes to die for, the acting not half bad, and mostly I was impressed that they were able to bring real great whites in that close to the actors. Big thumbs up for that. (Y)