Bellazon

Looks vs. Personality

Chicken

definitely looks when it comes to one night stand... I mean, i don't wanna TALK to you, i just wanna... so yeah... but it doesn't mean they have to look smokin hot, sometimes flaws are exciting :shifty: however for a more serious relationship, personnality and charisma are more important than looks but i wouldn't date someone ugly as a pug unless they're wealthy and close to die :ninja:

:rofl: :rofl: well said man, well said

• 3 months later...

Personality is the most important, but I'd be lying if I say Looks doesn't matter. To me, of course it maters, you need to feel attraction too physicaly. The only thing I really see on a guy are the eyebrows. I ahev a crush on nice eyebrows. I don't care about the rest that much.

• 1 year later...

I think it's essentially a balance between the two, they just play different roles, but I think that personality has the edge. Often it's the looks that get the attention, but personailty gets the heart. It's important to look healthy, of course - as humans we are programmed to respond to soft, even skin, shiny hair etc. because it means we can have strong and healthy children with that person :whistle: - but an amazing personality can easily make someone seem more attractive. And I don't mean mentally, you physically see them as nice to look at, and it isn't them who've changed, but you. It's the personality that wins you over. Someone may capture you momentarily with beauty, but if there's nothing underneath, the attraction will fade.

And that's just referring to sexual attraction. It's the same story between friends too, even more so. Would you be more envious of a beautiful friend or maybe a plain but stylish, confident and sorted friend? I don't know many people who choose their friends on looks alone. It's the people that make you laugh that matter in the end.

I think it's essentially a balance between the two, they just play different roles, but I think that personality has the edge. Often it's the looks that get the attention, but personailty gets the heart. It's important to look healthy, of course - as humans we are programmed to respond to soft, even skin, shiny hair etc. because it means we can have strong and healthy children with that person :whistle: - but an amazing personality can easily make someone seem more attractive. And I don't mean mentally, you physically see them as nice to look at, and it isn't them who've changed, but you. It's the personality that wins you over. Someone may capture you momentarily with beauty, but if there's nothing underneath, the attraction will fade.

And that's just referring to sexual attraction. It's the same story between friends too, even more so. Would you be more envious of a beautiful friend or maybe a plain but stylish, confident and sorted friend? I don't know many people who choose their friends on looks alone. It's the people that make you laugh that matter in the end.

Nice post. I also believe that a balance factor is most important. Like I said before, I do take looks into account, but from what I've observed, looks can only go so far if you're with a bitch or a jerk.