Bellazon

Salma Hayek
Thumbnail

Cantor

• 3 weeks later...

Salma Hayek Talks Eating Bugs

Salma Hayek arrives at the Ed Sullivan Theater on Monday (June 21) to tape an appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman.

During the interview, the 43-year-old Grown Ups actress told Dave that she’s eaten bugs and has recipes to share!

“These little ants fried are amazing – with a little bit of guacamole,” she shared. “And the worms … there’s many, many different recipes for those.”

“The little grasshoppers have a smoky flavor to them,” Salma added. “It’s the way they cook them, and it’s really good.”

Viva Mexico! Salma is a hardcore Mexico FC supporter, much to the dislike of her husband, Francois-Henri Pinault

Salma Hayek appeared determined to win a few olés as she made an appearance on US television last night.

A 43-year-old wore a very revealing black leather top which showed off her famous curves for an interview on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.

Hayek, a mother of one, was there to promote her new movie, Grown-Ups, in which she stars alongside Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Rob Schneider, Chris Rock and David Spade. The movie is about a group of high school friends who reunite as adults after their basketball coach dies.

But rather than fashion and film, the actress was more interested in talking about her other passion - football.

She was revelling in France's early departure from the World Cup after their loss to her team, Mexico.

'I am a huge soccer fan,' said Hayek, who is married to French businessman Francois-Henri Pinaul, 46.

'It was a bit of a sticky subject. When he [husband Francois-Henri Pinault] came home from work I had decorated the whole house Mexican. There were Mexican flags everywhere and I invited all my Mexican friends.'

'We were all really loud and after we won all the French people went home and we stayed up and partied and he couldn't get to sleep. We kept going with the tequila - he was like 'Where am I? I thought I was in Paris!'

The Frida actress said she was keeping positive about Mexico's next game against Argentina on June 27th.

'Now we have to play against Argentina, its really difficult, they're probably the best team in the World Cup. The Virgin of Guadalupe must be so busy right now with all the Mexicans praying - we need a miracle - but we can do it.'

The Mexican beauty married her French husband on Valentines Day 2009 in Paris, where they now live full time. They have a daughter together, Valentina Paloma Pinault, who is two and a half.

Salma shot to fame in the 1995 Robert Rodriguez directed film Desperado, alongside Antonia Banderas. Her most notable performance was in the 2002 biopic Frida, in which she played Frida Kahlo, the Mexican communist painter.

She was nominated for an Oscar, a Golden Globe, a BAFTA and a SAG award for her portrayal of the character.

post-19430-1277380250_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1277380261_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1277380269_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1277380278_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1277380284_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...