Bellazon

Salma Hayek
Thumbnail

Cantor

Salma Hayek Breastfeeds Another Woman's Baby

post-19430-0-1445989050-28433_thumb.jpg

Salma Hayek has never been shy about using her fame to aid the less fortunate of the world. But in a much-watched video shot last year and originally aired on Nightline, the Unicef ambassador is hands-on about her passion.

Taped during Hayek's humanitarian mission to Sierra Leone to raise awareness about maternal neonatal tetanus last October, the actress – who gave birth to her own baby daughter Valentina on Sept. 21, 2007 – casually takes another mother's baby boy into her arms and begins to feed him.

"She saw this baby suffering from malnutrition and she was still lactating from having had her own baby. She felt, 'Why can't I help this child out?' " says a source familiar with the situation.

"The mother was malnourished and didn't have the necessary nutrients. She wasn't lactating. She was a frail woman, so Salma wanted to help her out," says the source. "She didn't think anything bad of it. She thought she was doing good for the child."

'Amazing'

Hayek herself was proud of the effort. "That was amazing," the actress, 42, says in the video. "I was able to feed an ill baby that was very hungry."

After playfully noting that her own daughter might be jealous, the actress says, "I actually think that my baby would be very proud to be able to share her milk. When she grows up I'm going to make sure that she continues to be a generous, caring person, and I think that's the best thing I can give her as a mother."

Salma Hayek Marries Her Former Fiance

In an interesting twist, 30 Rock actress Salma Hayek, 42, has married the man with whom she broke off an engagement with in July of 2008.

According to French newsmagazine Le Point, Hayek and French CEO Francois-Henri Pinault, 46, were married on Saturday (Valentine's Day) in the City Hall of the Sixth Arrondissement in central Paris.

lepoint.fr

post-7822-1234842107_thumb.jpg

post-7822-1234842122_thumb.jpg