Bellazon

Victoria Lee
Thumbnail

AT HOME WITH VICTORIA LEE IN NEW YORK CITY | houseoflita.com.au Full Interwiev

Victoria Lee is a dream girl. The New York City-based Australian model and David Jones ambassador oozes beauty in every sense of the word. With her unrivalled down-to-earth personality, unwavering ambition and head-turning looks, it’s no surprise she’s one of the world’s most in-demand and most-admired models.

And, like the rest of us, she's currently in self-isolation and spending her days in her picture-perfect apartment in Williamsburg, Brooklyn overlooking its postcard-like view of three of NYC's most iconic sights — the Manhattan skyline, Hudson River and the Williamsburg Bridge. 

Here, Lee shares with us her self-isolation experience — from her self-care rituals keep her happy and sane, to what she misses most, and the things in her home that are bringing her joy. 

Where do you live?
"I live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn in New York City."

What’s the thing you love most about spending more time at home?
"I love the slow mornings. Usually it’s a rush out the door, so taking my time to start the day is nice."

"I LOVE THE SLOW MORNINGS. USUALLY IT’S A RUSH OUT THE DOOR, SO TAKING MY TIME TO START THE DAY IS NICE."

What’s the thing you miss the most?

"I miss catching up with friends in person! I also miss the usual energy and atmosphere of NYC. It's been devastating, so I’m thinking of all those on the front lines — the essential workers and medical professionals."

"MY SELF-CARE ROUTINES ARE WRITING IN MY JOURNAL, EPSOM SALT BATHS WITH A BOOK, A NICE FACE MASKS AND SOME KIND OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY."

What three items in your home bring you the most joy?

"Fresh flowers bring me so much joy, so I’m making an effort to make them last as long as I can. Also, my house plants — anything green in the apartment brings me joy. And finally, our couch, it’s so comfy and cosy to sit and get lost in a book or movie."

What outfits do you currently have on rotation?

"Comfort has been my number one priority, but I soon figured out getting dressed is necessary to feel productive and somewhat put together! So rather than my PJs, I’m living in soft loungewear from Bondi Born, Bassike T-shirts and to feel motivated (I need all the help I can get!) Camilla and Marc activewear."

What self-care routines are keeping your happy and sane right now?

"Writing in my journal, epsom salt baths with a book, a nice face masks and some kind of physical activity — I love Fluid Form Pilates."

How are you keeping active in self-isolation?"I’m switching it up between Fluid Form Pilates, Body By Simone and the Nike Training App."

What are you currently reading, watching and listing to?

"I’m reading Anthony Bourdain, 'Kitchen Confidential’. I just finished watching ‘Unorthodox’ and I listen to so many random Spotify playlists depending on my mood!

"What are your top tips for working effectively frone home?Distinguish times of the day you’re sitting down to work and have scheduled breaks. Wander around, change rooms for a change of scenery and set yourself up with everything you need."

What activities are topping your post COVID-19 list?
"Just wandering around! Popping into local stores, cafes and restaurants."