Bellazon

Victoria Lee
Thumbnail

How Victoria’s Secret Angel Victoria Lee Stays In Shape All Year Round

She always has ACV in the fridge.

While the verdict is still out on Vegemite, there’s no denying Victoria Lee is one of Australia’s more successful exports. Born in country New South Wales and living in New York City, she’s modelled for some of the biggest names in the business, and this year, she makes her Victoria’s Secret debut.

Taking place in Shanghai, the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show is like the Olympics of modelling—it’s on everyone’s bucket list. It’s been known to catapult models like Miranda Kerr and Gisele to supermodel status, after all.

Ahead of the show, we caught up with the latest Angel to chat about diet, exercise and everything in between. From how she’s prepping for the big gig to how she remains body confident all year round, we got to know our own Aussie supermodel, Victoria Lee.

SL: Can you start by telling us a little bit about yourself?

My name is Victoria Lee and I’m from a small country town in NSW, Australia called Narrandera (population 3,000). I currently live in New York and have been here for the last 5 years.

Where do your passions lie?

I’m passionate about health & well being. I have actually studied nutrition.

Where are you in the world right now?

I’m actually in Shanghai for Victoria’s Secret.

Congratulations on the VS show, that’s such an achievement! Was this always a dream?

I grew up watching the Victoria’s Secret show so it has been an aspiration of mine to walk in the parade.

What does body confidence mean to you?

Body confidence means to me to be comfortable in your own skin.

Is this an issue you’ve ever struggled with? Being in the modelling industry we understand it can be quite brutal!

I work hard all year round both mentally and physically to ensure that I am always at my peak.

How do you ensure body confidence in the VS show?

By working hard and looking after myself. I listen to my body and my mind to ensure that I am training when I need to train and resting when I feel tired.

Can you take us through an average day on your plate?

My day on a plate is fairly consistent especially when I’m working or I know I have a shoot coming up.

Breakfast — I love eggs, especially poached or simply boiled with salt, pepper and chilli flakes. I’ll have two with avocado, greens and whatever veggies I have in the fridge. If I’m in a rush, it’s a chocolate protein shake with egg white or plant-based protein powder. I’ll add some almond butter, banana and some oats if I need an extra boost of energy.

Lunch and dinner are similar that the focus is on protein, greens and healthy fats. Either chicken, fish, tofu, eggs (eggs are great any time of the day) or maybe shellfish. I’ll make a salad, steam or stir-fry veggies and add a homemade dressing, avocado, nuts and/or seeds. I’ll add quality carbohydrates to any of my meals if I feel like it, mainly quinoa, brown rice or buckwheat. I’ve reduced my sugar intake, fruit is something I cut back on slightly in the lead up to the show and no processed foods.

Do you follow any particular diet or health food trends? Take any supplements, beauty blends or superfood powders?

I’ve always had a healthy lifestyle and know what works best for my body – I stick to protein, veggies, healthy fats and quality carbohydrates. In saying that, I will listen to my body. If I’m craving something or need more energy, I’ll have it.

In terms of supplements, I take a multivitamin, probiotic, magnesium and Vitamin D throughout the day to keep my immune system in top shape.

Being a model, you must have to be a bit more cautious than most. Do you often let yourself indulge? What’s your indulgence of choice?

I occasionally indulge – all in moderation. I have a sweet tooth so something sweet when I want to treat myself.

Is alcohol on the cards?

No

What exercise do you find is most effective for your body?

I love the Full Body class at Body By Simone, it’s a great combination of strength and cardio. Ballet Beautiful is fantastic for toning as the movements are smaller and very specific. I see results really quickly by combining these, but it’s all about moving your body in different ways to keep the mind and muscles guessing.

How often do you workout? What’s the average length of your sweat session?

I aim for 6 days a week, but this varies depending on my schedule and how I’m feeling. Most frequently it’s a Full Body or Dance Cardio class at Body By Simone and these sessions go for an hour at a time.

What makes you feel sexy?

Feeling comfortable in my own skin!

With such a large Instagram following, it’s safe to say you’re an inspiration to many. Who do you look to for lifestyle or style inspiration? Is there anyone you insta-stalk?

I love following inspiring woman like Elle McPherson – she’s had such an incredible career and has really been able to transition from model to entrepreneur and she’s also a mother. I also love following Doutzen – she’s obviously a former Victoria’s Secret Angel and is now an incredible philanthropist. 

Quick questions…

Coffee order: Long black with cinnamon

Favourite café: Café Grumpy in Chelsea

Favourite emoji: the little guy scratching his chin

3 things you’ll always find in my fridge: eggs, avocado & apple cider vinegar

Best new app I’ve used: Headspace

Song on repeat atm: Post Malone “I Fall Apart”

If sugar were a superfood, my diet would consist of: oh gosh, so hard to narrow it down!

Most people probably don’t know this about me, but: I love to sing in the shower.

sporteluxe.com