Bellazon

John Adams (TV miniseries 2008)

Cult Icon

I'm happy to hear that you two ladies enjoyed it as well :)

It was very good.

And David McCullough is a great writer. You'll enjoy his books.

Thanks :wave: Chernow's biographies/histories (Rockefeller & JP Morgan) (and reputably, Alexander Hamilton & Washington) are also first class.

i watched this from beginning to END, LOVED LOVED LOVED it, so much, i got the letters between Adams & abigal, very good show, and the sound track is good to

You mean this? I enjoyed the soundtrack too. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Adams-Jefferson-Lett...f=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

this one actually http://www.amazon.com/My-Dearest-Friend-Le...pd_bxgy_b_img_b the music was good for relaxing and chilling, also used it for inspiration when i write

oh thanks Miss S. :)

I love this miniseries. Everyone was really great in it.

Loved the interaction between Adams and Jefferson.

Franklin was always amusing, too.

I was surprised by their blatantly negative treatment of Hamilton- he was as critical to the formation of the early USA as the other FF. They could have explored Washington's respect for his views and his achievements. :-)

I was surprised by their blatantly negative treatment of Hamilton- he was as critical to the formation of the early USA as the other FF. They could have explored Washington's respect for his views and his achievements. :-)

Yeah, I was too, but I guess the miniseries was John Adams view of Hamilton.

The whole Federalist vs. Democrat- Republican conflict could have been depicted- it would have been interesting. I think that the decision to depict Hamilton in that manner was probably accountable to the miniseries' creative direction- frankly it seemed too 21st century driven!

I would love to see mini-series based on each of the founding fathers

I agree:)

I think as far as 19th-20th century presidents go FDR, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Wilson, Jackson, and Eisenhower all need miniseries. It would be educational and inspiring to kids in general, and can only do good.

One on Abe L, would be steller to, always loved the history on him, from humble beginnings to Pres, and i would love to see the history with his wife to, very troubled woman

Interesting couple for sure. I missed the one they did on the Kennedys

One on Abe L, would be steller to, always loved the history on him, from humble beginnings to Pres, and i would love to see the history with his wife to, very troubled woman

They're making "abraham lincoln vampire hunter" does that count???