Bellazon

Karen Mulder
Thumbnail

seshiru

On 8/2/2021 at 5:59 AM, modelcrazy said:

Here's another 1980's gem @RocketQueen @missparker7

Creation NewLook - 1988 (not sure if that's the correct name of the brand)

Models: Karen (in red & white) & ? - though they look familiar

KarenM_CreationNewLook88-01.thumb.jpg.36aa6c63bc2b6b96ba0762f78bb2e5b7.jpgKarenM_CreationNewLook88-02.thumb.jpg.3505b00ad1e9757b182ea8a345636c7d.jpg

My scan

Sorry the images are cropped but that's not by me. That's how the hard copies came to me.

Monoprix is the brand

Versace Spring/Summer 1995

KarenM_VersaceSprSum95-01.thumb.jpg.11555f5aba75b0c8030b7772f2161f48.jpg KarenM_VersaceSprSum95-02.thumb.jpg.a09aed07f75a7f6e0fb87d09b3fb5647.jpg

My scans

@ArianaVSCouture Did you know there were two shows of this season? Outfits & models all the same, but I noticed many differences. Eg: Nadja's hairstyles are different and Helena & Yasmeen swapped dresses.  I'm just curious why there would be two shows. (first show has original music; second show has replaced music due to copyright)

1 hour ago, modelcrazy said:

Did you know there were two shows of this season?

I do have a feeling he did two shows of this collection. Maybe Gianni was a perfectionist and didn't like the way the first one did go. I have noticed small differences besides the ones you have mentioned, such as different floor pattern, the lightning, Brandi bumping into Shalom and Kate Moss's straps positions on her black dress. In a second video the girls are waiting for Gianni at the end of the catwalk and he emerges with Karen and Nadja by his side, but in a first one it's Karen and Helena with him. I think the same thing happened with his Spring 95 Couture collection because I was trying to find the pictures of Karen in long beige and white satin strapless evening dresssplit as it was seen in a video, but in my archives the exact same dress is worn by Kristen Mcmenamy on a runway:
https://www.alamy.com/model-kristen-mcmenamy-presents-for-italian-designer-gianni-versace-this-long-beige-and-white-satin-strapless-evening-dresssplit-to-the-waist-as-part-his-springsummer-1995-fashion-collection-january-21-image381960077.html

5 hours ago, ArianaVSCouture said:

I do have a feeling he did two shows of this collection. Maybe Gianni was a perfectionist and didn't like the way the first one did go. I have noticed small differences besides the ones you have mentioned, such as different floor pattern, the lightning, Brandi bumping into Shalom and Kate Moss's straps positions on her black dress. In a second video the girls are waiting for Gianni at the end of the catwalk and he emerges with Karen and Nadja by his side, but in a first one it's Karen and Helena with him. I think the same thing happened with his Spring 95 Couture collection because I was trying to find the pictures of Karen in long beige and white satin strapless evening dresssplit as it was seen in a video, but in my archives the exact same dress is worn by Kristen Mcmenamy on a runway:
https://www.alamy.com/model-kristen-mcmenamy-presents-for-italian-designer-gianni-versace-this-long-beige-and-white-satin-strapless-evening-dresssplit-to-the-waist-as-part-his-springsummer-1995-fashion-collection-january-21-image381960077.html

Gianni Versace and different other designer like Thierry Mugler etc did 2 shows back to back especially couture because the venues like the Ritz in Paris was not as big there was the first show with celebrity guest and press in attendance and a second show for buying customers and buyers for shops

On 9/6/2021 at 1:59 PM, ArianaVSCouture said:

He probably was showing the collection at different city/country some designers do that, i noticed several times where i look at runway pics from my magazines and when i look for the pics online i find the models at the show are different from what i saw