Bellazon

Ondria Hardin
Thumbnail

muffins

Interview Magazine

For Mikael Jansson's "Salvatore Ferragamo, remixed" story in our November issue, Interview creative director Karl Templer needed fresh-faced girls with grown-up elegance. Rising star Ondria Hardin (Ford) fit the bill. Here the young model talks Taipei and Tokyo—and gets sassy about her shorter contemporaries.

--

Age? 15

Where did you grow up? North Carolina

Was it very fashionable? Fashionable in its own way, if you like cotton fields and horse pastures.

Did you grow up reading magazines? Yes. Right now, I enjoy all of the Vogues because I am in the Prada ads.

Were you always tall? Yes.

Did that set you apart from your peers? LOL. Only the short ones.

How were you discovered? In a showcase in North Carolina in 2009.

What would be your dream campaign? Prada.

Whose runway have you always wanted to walk? Marc Jacobs.

Have you accomplished these goals? Yes! Prada FW11 NYC and Marc Jacobs SS12 NYC.

Whose look are you obsessed with right now? No particular person—I have never been the type to idolize.

What is your favorite city? In general, New York City because of its diversity! For vacation, Taipei. Everything there is great—shopping, food, and people. I enjoy working in Tokyo because of the great, fresh Asian food on the jobs, as well as the teams. Very fun and unique!

What is your favorite food? Asian.

Tell us about your first shoot. The shoot was for RUSSH issue 35: "The kids are alright" [spread] with Benny Horne and Stevie Dance. It was really creative and the team was fabulous. It was a fantastic first shoot experience! It was what I expected and much more.

How do you prepare to walk? I put my shoulders back and walk the tight rope.

interviewmagazine

Teen Vogue February 2012

"Meet Ondria" as told to Laurel Pantin

I grew up in a tiny town in North Carolina, and one day I was asked to be part of a fashion showcase in Raleigh. During the show, I got scouted by a modeling agency in New York City. I had never even thought of being a model, but I was so excited. I came up to New York with my mom and visited agencies. Soon after that, my mom and I flew to Asia for six months so I could start working and building my book. We lived in Tokyo, Seoul, and Taipei. I loved my time in Asia. One time on a shoot in Tokyo, I had to show a male model how to drive a motorcycle! And the shopping was amazing, even if things were always too short on me because I'm so tall. Since then, the biggest thing that's happened to me is booking the fall 2011 Prada campaign -- when I found out I got it, I was totally blown away. I'm really lucky to work with such amazing designers and photographers so early in my career, but it's also nice to come home to North Carolina, watch TV, and walk my dog Miu Miu!