Bellazon

Sexy Asian Women

Nefarious Sal

Question for all the Asian girls here: How do you feel when you hear about people having "things" for Asian girls? Most of my Asian friends find it offensive, going back to the whole imperialist/orientalist (in the more general, non-middle eastern sense) thing, but I do know a few Asian girls who see it as a status symbol. So, yeah, any thoughts?

I personally find these "Asian fetishes" offensive. I know a lot of guys who go for Asian women b/c of the sterotype they are erotic sex-kittens in bed. And they are submissive so you can do anything to them. Also, they are sterotyped to have a "tight" anatomy <_<

I date a guy based on my attraction to him, regardless of race. I do not seek a guy of a specific race. However, I have noticed my relationships w/ Asian men do last longer. Perhaps we have similar cultures.

But yeah, some people do date "up" for status symbol. I did my honors paper in college on inter-racial marriages, but at this moment I cannot remember the conclusion. I will try to dig it out and get back to you all (Y)

Question for all the Asian girls here: How do you feel when you hear about people having "things" for Asian girls? Most of my Asian friends find it offensive, going back to the whole imperialist/orientalist (in the more general, non-middle eastern sense) thing, but I do know a few Asian girls who see it as a status symbol. So, yeah, any thoughts?

I am only half Asian, but I will reply anyway. I don't mind if a guy has a preference for Asian girls; everybody has different tastes. For example, my best friend's dad just doesn't find Asian women attractive and there is no reason why any Asian girl should be offended by that because that is simply how he is and it is only a preference. I don't see why your friends should be offended by guys preferring Asian women over girls of other races. I'm sure blonde girls don't get offended when a guy says he has a "thing" for blondes, so why should Asians be offended when a guy says he has a "thing" for Asians?

As for the status symbol thing; I don't see how knowing some random people have a "thing" for your race/hair/eye colour/body type or whatever makes you any more important than anyone else. In fact I think it is actually quite sad that some people base all their worth on whether others find them hot or not. I am a hapa/Eurasian and I know that in Asia they are all the rage and millions think they are amazingly hot, but I don't go around boasting about it or thinking I am superior to everyone because I am a hapa. I am proud of who I am because I am me, not because I fit into a group of people who are stereotyped as being beautiful and idolised in Asia.

I am only half Asian, but I will reply anyway. I don't mind if a guy has a preference for Asian girls; everybody has different tastes. For example, my best friend's dad just doesn't find Asian women attractive and there is no reason why any Asian girl should be offended by that because that is simply how he is and it is only a preference. I don't see why your friends should be offended by guys preferring Asian women over girls of other races. I'm sure blonde girls don't get offended when a guy says he has a "thing" for blondes, so why should Asians be offended when a guy says he has a "thing" for Asians?

I'm half Asian too, and i don't really don't mind if some men prefer Asian women, to an extent. If they prefer Asians based on their looks, then fine, it's ok. Some men, however, try to date Asian women based on stereotypes, such as them being "sex kittens", or the thought that they are meek and will be subservient to them. I have come across such men, and I take offense at that.

As for the status symbol, a few of my Asian friends do look at it as a status symbol. I don't however, maybe because I am half white? Out of 4 relationships I have had, 3 have been with white men. I wasn't targeting for white men, but my relationships have all been based on their personality and character. I also lived in an area which is predominantly white, so it may also have something to do with that.

I can tell you why she's not exactly my favorite. Her genre is very Eurobeat, Techno, House sounding music. I don't my some Techno, but the other two I really don't favor. Then hervoice can sound like a dying oppossum at times. But I do enjoy a few of her songs.

But then again...no one asked me

BTW, that is one amazing pic of her in your profile. Never saw that one before.

As for the status symbol thing; I don't see how knowing some random people have a "thing" for your race/hair/eye colour/body type or whatever makes you any more important than anyone else. In fact I think it is actually quite sad that some people base all their worth on whether others find them hot or not. I am a hapa/Eurasian and I know that in Asia they are all the rage and millions think they are amazingly hot, but I don't go around boasting about it or thinking I am superior to everyone because I am a hapa. I am proud of who I am because I am me, not because I fit into a group of people who are stereotyped as being beautiful and idolised in Asia.

Damn, I need to get to Asia. :p