Bellazon

Prince Harry of Wales
Thumbnail

Prince Henry of Wales (born Henry Charles Albert David; 15 September 1984), known as Prince Harry, is the younger son of Charles, Prince of Wales, and Diana, Princess of Wales. His paternal grandparents are Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. Prince Harry is the fourth in line to succeed his grandmother, after Prince George of Cambridge, the only child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

After an education at schools in the United Kingdom and spending parts of his gap year in Australia and Lesotho, Harry chose a military career, undergoing officer training at Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. He was commissioned as a second lieutenant into the Blues and Royals of the Household Cavalry Regiment, serving temporarily with his brother, and completed his training as a troop leader. In 2007–2008 he served for 77 days in Helmand, Afghanistan but he was pulled out following publication of the story in an Australian magazine. He returned to Afghanistan for a 20-week deployment in 2012–2013 with the Army Air Corps.

wikipedia

Edited by PinkCouture
Hotlinking violation. Also added bio

saw a documentary bout william and harry and i learned that he kinda snuck away to the front in afghanistan-

worked as a reg grunt/ no princely perks. that impressed me more than anyhting else ive read/heard about him.

both of them are great kids... they had one of the best moms out there :yes:

and boy did he get hunky! :drool:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2972046/Prince-Harry-join-Australian-defence-forces-heading-Gallipoli-Prince-Charles.html

Prince Harry set to spend time with the Australian Defence Force later this year before quitting the armed forces and devoting himself to charity work

Published: 12:59 GMT, 27 February 2015 | Updated: 15:07 GMT, 27 February 2015

Prince Harry is planning to leave the armed forces this year and devote his time to more charity work, pictured at Camp Bastion

Prince Harry will spend several weeks based in Australia in the next few months before attending the centenary Anzac dawn service in Gallipoli with his father Prince Charles.

Harry will be seconded to work with the Australian defence forces during his time in Australia before quitting the British military altogether later this year, London's Evening Standard reported on Friday.

It's suggested he'll also travel to New Zealand but not work with any units there.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Prince Harry to continue globetrotting after quitting the army with string of royal visits PRINCE Harry is set to continue his globetrotting after quitting the army earlier this summer, with the royal due to visit the United States, South Africa and Lesotho before the end of the year.

PUBLISHED: 17:07, Tue, Aug 18, 2015 | UPDATED: 17:25, Tue, Aug 18, 2015
  post-62582-0-1446069767-2303_thumb.png  
  post-62582-0-1446069767-26374_thumb.png  
  post-62582-0-1446069767-29247_thumb.png  
  post-62582-0-1446069767-30309_thumb.png  
  post-62582-0-1446069767-31599_thumb.png  
  post-62582-0-1446069767-32071_thumb.png  

post-62582-0-1446069767-34311_thumb.jpgFOTO24

Prince Harry In Lesotho in 2013

The 30-year-old, who is currently working on conservation projects in Southern Africa, will be attending events in Washington DC in October in preparation for the Orlando 2016 Invictus Games. 

He announced the return of the Games for injured servicemen and women earlier this year after helping to launch the innaugral event in London in 2014.

The Prince will then return to South Africa at the end of November to carry out work on behalf of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office before travelling to Lesotho to open a Children's Centre in the capital Mamohato.

New Book Reveals How Prince Harry Developed a 'Lifelong Passion for Africa' as a Young Boy

By Michelle Tauber @michelletauber

08/19/2015 AT 04:30 PM EDT
Africa has long been a place of deep meaning for the royal family: In 1952, a then-25-year-old Princess Elizabeth was on safari in Kenya when she learned that her father, King George VI, had died – thus beginning her record-breaking reign. In 2010, Prince William proposed to his then-girlfriend, Kate Middleton, in Kenya. And Prince Harry is in Africa right now working to further conservation efforts.

"This place will hold a special place in my heart for the rest of my life," William said in a Sky1 documentary while visiting Botswana before his engagement. "Africa's the perfect place to come. The locals haven't a clue who I am, and I love that . . . Africa is my second home."

• 6 years later...