Bellazon

Benedict Cumberbatch
Thumbnail

Ophelia_Immortal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Benedict Cumberbatch Is Engaged to Marry

In this era of social media and email, there was something warmly traditional about Benedict Cumberbatch's wedding engagement news Wednesday.
The Sherlock Holmes and 12 Years A Slave actor let the world know that he was off the market the old-fashioned way: In the births, deaths and marriages column of The Times.
Cumberbatch, 38, who is currently starring with Keira Knightley in the biopic of wartime codebreaker Alan Turing, The Imitation Game, is to wed theater director and actress Sophie Hunter, 36.

The notice in the U.K. newspaper is headed Mr B.T. Cumberbatch and Miss S.I. Hunter and simply says, "The engagement is announced between Benedict, son of Wanda and Timothy Cumberbatch of London, and Sophie, daughter of Katherine Hunter of Edinburgh and Charles Hunter of London."

No date has been given for the wedding, but for fans of the actor around the world, the news comes just weeks after other leading bachelors, George Clooney and Brad Pitt,walked down the aisle.

The couple are reported to have met during the making of the movie about naturalist Charles Darwin, Burlesque Fairytales in 2009.

Cumberbatch's rep had no more details but did add, "I am delighted to confirm this morning’s announcement that Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter are engaged."

makes me feel sorry for Olivia he was with her 12 years. :cry2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...