Bellazon

Benedict Cumberbatch
Thumbnail

Ophelia_Immortal

T Magazine Spring 2014

Well, I am on the fence about these.  I love the styling and the set. Ben’s facial expression is relaxed, the angles are most flattering. And I applaud to whoever did the lighting, it’s truly amazing.

That being said, I HATE that crazy airbrushing :anger: . I totally understand that this is a fashion/style outlet and they would photoshop everything they place on its pages. But for God’s sake! He is 37, why did they make him look like he is still in his early twenties (or even younger on the cover)?! Was getting rid of his minor lines and freckles absolutely necessary, as if they were a crime against humanity? And where the hell is my favorite mole that used to be on the right side of his neck???  :angry:

To sum up, I think this photoset could be really great but, unfortunately, this breathtakingly beautiful young man is not exactly Benedict. What a shame.  :(

giiiiirl calm down :laugh:. It's just a magazine. I agree that the photoshop overuse is rediculous but I kind of got used to it. At least they kept some wrinkles on his forehead. Better tell me about your Frenkenstein experience? :nicole:

I have finally watched Star Track btw. I feel like I'm a hero now :wacko: 

Better tell me about your Frenkenstein experience? :nicole:

Frankenstein was amazing! I seriously envy those lucky people who could watch the live performance. Jonny Lee Miller's Creature blew me away, now I simply must watch the other version and see if Benedict was as good as his co-star (or, who knows, even better, he is quite capable of that).

I have finally watched Star Track btw. I feel like I'm a hero now :wacko:

Oh no! Was it a real struggle for you then?  :laugh:

Frankenstein was amazing! I seriously envy those lucky people who could watch the live performance. Jonny Lee Miller's Creature blew me away, now I simply must watch the other version and see if Benedict was as good as his co-star (or, who knows, even better, he is quite capable of that).

Oh no! Was it a real struggle for you then?  :laugh:

I think he is better as a creature, and the diapers are so funny :laugh:

it was! I mean, when they showed Khan I was like "ah he is so cool! oh, breathe on me someone, please" :drool:  and in other episodes I was like "gooooosh, when will it end?" :laugh: I knew this is not the kind of film I should watch but couldn't help myself checking it out.

I am on my way to watch Inseperable and Atonement this evening :dance:

It was like plain, boring goodies (which had most of the screen time)  vs. a charismatic and cool baddie

Speaking of cool baddies, I can't help posting this, narrated by BC:

Oh it's good to be bad!  :drool: 

Somehow it does not surprise me as much anymore. I mean, it's Moffat and Gatiss we are talking about :laugh:. If I am not wrong, Mark and Benedict had jobs in the same series before Sherlock. Why wouldn't it be the reason to cast Ben? Idk

Yes, they probably had done some work together before Sherlock, but Benedict mentioned 'Atonement' in one of his interviews:

I have a slightly strange face. It’s always marked me out as being somewhat period drama orientated I guess. I think the other worldly or at least the other age era thing is to do with something I happened to be marked out for at the beginning of my career and I’m happy to do that. I’m happy to contain old souls from old worlds and they’re wonderfully rich dynamic characters so I think that was part of the attraction to having me play Sherlock in the first place.

Although Steven said it was what I did in Atonement that made them think of me which is slightly disturbing but I do get it. I sort of get it. I mean I do have modern tastes and sensibilities but you do sort of suppress that a little bit when you’re playing Sherlock other than that he is in the 21st century and he is masterful with multi media and can scroll or tweet or use any interface as fast as the fastest but Sherlock is a modern man. He is, so it sort of strays into the territory of how to hold yourself, the voice, what class to give him, what sort of shape should I give to him in my mind, his back story, his parentage and when did it all begin? Was he born like this? And I don’t think he was I think he began and that’s what we touched on in series 2 and will hopefully explore more in series 3. As far as being oldy worldy my English teacher always said when I was very young that I was an old soul.

Source: http://www.benedictcumberbatch.co.uk/benedict-cumberbatch-and-louise-brealey-discuss-sherlock-at-cheltenham-literary-festival/

Well, given his amazing versatility, it's not at all surprising now that they cast him as Sherlock.

Perhaps I should re-watch 'Atonement' and see if Sherlock was actually showing a little bit in Paul Marshall though.

Speaking of cool baddies, I can't help posting this, narrated by BC:

Oh it's good to be bad!  :drool: 

Yes, they probably had done some work together before Sherlock, but Benedict mentioned 'Atonement' in one of his interviews:

Well, given his amazing versatility, it's not at all surprising now that they cast him as Sherlock.

Perhaps I should re-watch 'Atonement' and see if Sherlock was actually showing a little bit in Paul Marshall though.

damn :banghead: Imagine, if navigation systems spoke in his voice! If it were like this, I would stop being a lazy a$$ and would finally obtain my driving licence :laugh:

Oh I don't know... Again, might be quite a bit distracting and probably not so good for safety and traffic :laugh: . Well, my driving skills suck anyway.

GQ Style :whistle:

I like these! I am no fan of Alice Eve, but she and BC look good together.

It appears that Khan had actually dated his arch-enemy's daughter before he broke her leg  :whistle: . 

Oh I don't know... Again, might be quite a bit distracting and probably not so good for safety and traffic :laugh: . Well, my driving skills suck anyway.

I like these! I am no fan of Alice Eve, but she and BC look good together.

It appears that Khan had actually dated his arch-enemy's daughter before he broke her leg  :whistle: . 

You might be right. :unsure: I would purposely take the wrong directions and  drive around the city all dat long :laugh:

I like the second to last picture. He looks happier to have a hat than Alice around, it seems :laugh:

You mean Khan as Khan? I suppose, she enjoyed it :laugh:

:wub2:  1st pic

I am dying to see pictures from the Oscars afterparties with these 2

I like the second to last picture. He looks happier to have a hat than Alice around, it seems :laugh:

You mean Khan as Khan? I suppose, she enjoyed it :laugh:

:nicole: Yes, I meant characters, not actors.

I think he is better as a creature, and the diapers are so funny :laugh:

Now that I have seen both versions I think both Benedict and Jonny Lee were fantastic as the Creature. Honestly, equally great, even though each in their own way.

On the downside, however, was Jonny Lee's Victor - not quite as convincing as I had expected. He played obsession on the verge of insanity, but, unfortunately, his character didn't give me the impression of a person of superior intelligence.

Benedict's portrayal of Frankenstein was way more balanced. Actually, spot on. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

British Airways' High Life magazine

basically, Khan on ice wearing the Sherlock's scarf and playing with doggies

Cover and editorial

post-53775-0-34265100-1396427562_thumb.j post-53775-0-19542900-1396427593_thumb.j post-53775-0-57700600-1396427610_thumb.j

post-53775-0-20182000-1396427623_thumb.j post-53775-0-01705800-1396427639_thumb.jpost-53775-0-05058900-1396427660_thumb.j

Article: http://highlife.ba.com/Destinations/Benedict-Cumberbatch-ice-driving-in-Finland.html

A couple of BTS photos

post-53775-0-82416500-1396427817_thumb.j post-53775-0-22115100-1396428086_thumb.j

and the one published online  :wub:

post-53775-0-16467700-1396428284_thumb.j

Source: http://deareje.tumblr.com/,  @greenofrichmond on twitter, http://highlife.ba.com/

• 4 months later...